Super Smash Bros. for Switch Roster Wants/Predictions

Lightchao42

As you know, E3 2018 is approaching quickly and the time to make roster predictions is growing short. With that in mind, we've had three months to consider who we expect and want to see in the next Super Smash Bros., and this is the last opportunity to express your thoughts before Sakurai proves us all completely wrong! This thread is only for roster predictions so keep all other discussion in the News and Discussion thread.

This is just a hunch, but I expect to see Mario, Link, and Inklings. Maybe Pikachu too.

I'd love to see Dante from Devil May Cry.

He's got such a variety of moves that even his customs could all be 100% different. Plus, it's just really cool to see him toying with enemies in his games through either cutscenes or general gameplay that watching him do it in Smash would be nothing short of glorious.

Well out of characters that can logically make it in: Rex from Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Protagonist from FE on Switch (if it comes out after it would probably be a dlc character like Corrin was in Sm4sh)

Characters that I want that there is almost 0% chance they would make it in: Zeke (Xenoblade 2), Shovel Knight, Galacta Knight (Kirby Series).

Also, If Ryu makes it in again it would be cool to have Ken as a palette swap. Also shiny Charizard (mainly black). I don't know why that wasn't an alternate color already, but that would be cool.

6 minutes ago, -Primal- said:

Also shiny Charizard (mainly black). I don't know why that wasn't an alternate color already, but that would be cool.

Shinies are never alts in Smash and I don't know why either. The closest you get are vague directions towards them like Greninja's "shiny" costume being paler and Mewtwo's being more turquoise than green.

I suppose it's fine if you fix it with mods though.

Expectations:

I expect Link will come back with a redesign based on Breath of the Wild, but I hope that doesn't extend to him suddenly now being right-handed. As a lefty, it was a little saddening to see the only iconic left-handed hero be right-handed in two 3D Zelda games in a row. Skyward Sword had motion controls as justification (although there should've been a left-handed option so no player felt disadvantaged), but Breath of the Wild had no excuse, and neither does Smash Bros. 5.
I expect Mario to get some new moves based on Cappy in Odyssey, similar to how he got a F.L.U.D.D. special move.
I expect Celica to appear rather than Alm, because Alm would be just another swordsman, while Celica has magic and would be a good replacement for Robin. 

Wants:

As far roster wants, a small part of me after seeing the Netflix Castlevania series is hoping Trevor Belmont appears as a playable character. The vampire-killer whip could bring with it some unique features.
Another part of me wants to also see Decidueye from Pokémon Sun and Moon so that there's a grass type starter to complete the set (we already have Greninja and Charizard after all). Also I think an archer character would bring some interesting mechanics.
Also, a small part of me wants to see Captain Toad. I can see the new character caption now: "Captain Toad leaps into action! ...Or not."

Predictions:

I predict Rex from Xenoblade 2 will appear. 

Edited by vanguard333

Exceptions: Rex from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 but the possibility of Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X is also up there. I'm also pretty damn positive that Spring Man or Ribbon Girl will be in and Mario is most definitely getting some Odyssey in his moveset.

Wants: I'm a big Xeno fan so if we can get Square Enix to allow Fei to be in Smash, i'd love that. And maybe Namco can allow KOS-MOS as well. I mean, she was in Xenoblade 2. 

3 hours ago, -Primal- said:

Also shiny Charizard (mainly black). I don't know why that wasn't an alternate color already, but that would be cool.

3 hours ago, Light Strategist said:

Shinies are never alts in Smash and I don't know why either.

Shiny Charizard was originally purple in Gold and Silver, so Shiny Charizard is an alt - it's just not the Shiny you wanted. Also, the two Pikachu wearing headbands are very close in color scheme to Shiny Pikachu.

Also oh joy, another one of these discussions...what the hey.

First things first, anyone who says Ridley and is serious about that prediction can go die in a hole. There are plenty of actually plausible Metroid rep possibilities(such as Noxus, Trace, Spire, Weavel, Kanden, Sylux, Rundas, Ghor, Gandrayda, Dark Samus, heck even the frickin' SA-X or a Federation Force Trooper), all of which should easily range from Semi-Clone to Unique Fighter depending on how invested Sakurai gets while putting said Fighter together(Ghor in particular would be very interesting to see), and frankly if the only issue is 'we need more Metroid reps' like almost everyone I hear asking for Ridley says is their only problem, then by this logic you can't complain if we get Semi-Clones like a Prime Hunters character or even the SA-X(my personal choice, difficult to make unique though it is), because we got more Metroid reps, which is supposedly the only issue.
I also don't understand how everyone can keep saying they 'predict' Ridley as playable when last we heard Sakurai had no intentions of making Ridley playable, and also don't really get how he and Dark Samus are the only Metroid characters anyone seems to want added to Smash. My best guess is that the other...let's see, how many other options did I mention...eleven potential Fighters are simply not well-known outside of the Metroid fanbase to be considered by Smash players in general, many of whom only know about Ridley and Dark Samus due to their inclusion within Smash as a Boss/Hazard and Assist respectively. I did hear a faction of the Metroid fanbase was pushing for Rundas and/or Sylux during the Smash Ballot, but the other nine options I mentioned are more or less completely ignored and I haven't heard anything about wanting Rundas or Sylux since the Ballot's conclusion.

Moving beyond my rant to actual thoughts, perhaps my most outlandish idea is Sora from Kingdom Hearts. Seeing as how Sakurai mostly goes for 'iconic' and 'relevant' characters to be selected for Fighters, it's plausible - though unlikely - that Sakurai could convince Square Enix to let Sora appear in 5mash to pull more hype and representation for KH3, as Kingdom Hearts is certainly iconic with the popularity of the series and is definitely relevant with KH3 on the way(supposedly Nomura you flippin' troll). With Super Smash Flash 2 being a thing, it's not like a unique moveset for Sora is impossible or even all that difficult, and if you're like most people who seem to think Cloud will drop, Sora wouldn't have to worry about potentially competing with him for being the one character Square would be willing to offer for 5mash. Personally I'd rather have all the alts be different Keyblade Wielders in similar fashion to the Koopalings so I could hog Xion, but if we get a KH rep at all I certainly won't complain.

I'd also like to see Ryu return, and be joined by a representative from the Tekken series. It's always awesome when fighting games cross with one another(Link in SoulCaliber anyone?), and I personally consider the concept of Ryu, a Mishima, and a Smash Fighter all together at least as cool as the idea of Mario, Megaman, and Pac-Man all together like Sakurai mentioned being amazing(more so, actually, I hate Pac-Man). The difficulty with this is of course that Sakurai already tried to set up a way to put Heihachi into Sm4sh, but encountered difficulties transferring his moves over(despite making fully operational movesets for Wii Fit, Villager, Duck Hunt, Pac-Man, etc.), and thus ended up relegating him to the much more disgraceful position of Mii Fighter Costume. If it's simply the movements of Heihachi's attacks that troubled Sakurai, then it's certainly plausible to see him trying again with Kazuya or Jin, or even a non-Mishima like Yoshimitsu or Xiaoyu, but if it's attempting to transfer the Tekken feel over like how Ryu feels very Street Fighter-y, then we may have a real problem.

I had more, but I lost them, so I'll have to try and find them again and edit them in later.

Exceptions: Rex from Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Spring Man and Ribbon Girl from Arms, Masushi from Sushi Strikers: The Way of the Sushido, Alm from Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, Fire Emblem Switch protagonist, Decideye from Pokemon Sun and Moon, and maybe an another Mario character, I'm probably expecting Captain Toad or an another one that could possibly make it as newcomers for the Switch title for Super Smash Bros.

Wanted: I wanted to see Mike Jones from StarTropics series, Avatar and Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X, King K. Rool, Bandana Waddle Dee, Takamaru from The Mysterious Murasame Castle, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Ragna the Bloodedge from BlazBlue series, and a secondary Namco, Square Enix, and Konami rep similar to like Capcom and Sega has two in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U to appear as newcomers for the Switch title of Super Smash Bros.

7 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Shiny Charizard was originally purple in Gold and Silver, so Shiny Charizard is an alt - it's just not the Shiny you wanted.

My bad, forgot that used to be his shiny, I was only thinking about the more modern one.

Also, yeah Sora would be cool, even though it may be unlikely, it could definitely work.

I don't think any character from Smash Wii U/3DS, DLC or otherwise, will be cut from the roster. I also think the Ice Climbers will be back.

As for newcomers, I predict: 

-Lyn

-Ridley

-Simon Belmont

-Shovel Knight 

-Crash Bandicoot 

-King K. Roll

-Decidueye

-Waluigi

-Takamaru