Tempest Trials: Feud of the Fangs!

Vaximillian

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused on who I should run for this. I have a set core 3 of Reinhardt, Lyn and Julia to cover all colors plus other things. My Nino is all ready to go so I could make her my 4th spot or replace Julia but I'd have to bring a healer with (Julia has 2 BoL 3 so she heals 14 damage) but Linus and Canas prove useful as well.... *insert thinking emoji*

Looks like it's finally time to update Nino's build (though all she really needs is Swift Sparrow) and maybe get her a few merges. I'm not expecting to have any of the other bonus units up to snuff before the Tempest starts, though I may sub in Karla or Legault if I pull a good one or Jaffar if I ever get around to building him.

Let's reanimate this topic:

51 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m still indecisive about whom to use as my team come this tempest. My Nino is capped on HM; my Jaffar and Karel exist only as L&D on my Olwen and wo daos on my Navarre, Caeda, and Selena; I don’t and am not going to have any of the three newcomers; and I’ve got no idea whom to put on the team with Linus and/or Canas. What a predicament.

55 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Yeah, I'm in a similar situation.

• Vanilla Nino will start but max HM soon,
  • I don't have Jaffar or any of the new units.
  • Karel maxed HM already (and is more or less unbuild) 
  • Canas won't get the promotion by me (even if I like his nerdy glasses) due an overdose of other amazing red infantry mages. 

This leaves only to build a team around Linus. I will promote him grudgingly (just promoted my first Raven), but he won't get a refinement. Marissa got some HM left and her Infantry pulse is nice in TTs. Alternatively I could run a Tactic team with Linus, Shiro and Siegbert. 

I already promoted my Linus to 5 stars, so I will use him. The others will be Marth, Fjorm and Bride Lyn.

I am happy with Live to Serve Sacred Seal. With the Sacred Coins I will get from the Tempest Trial rewards, I will enhance the seal to it's level 3.

I'll probably go Flier Emblem on this, having Flying Nino built up already (L&D + Desperation). Hinoka will be providing Hones and the other fliers (Caeda and Clair perhaps) toting Goads.

first team will be Linus, L!Ryoma, F!Morgan and Nanna (she is the healer who needs SP most), I will have to think on team 2 with Canas because TT is the perfect place to train him.  I normally use TT to grind SP because it gives the most per stamina potion, I need to see who needs SP and who is close to capping HM.  That live to serve seal will be Nanna's since she is the healer I have put the most amount of work into, earth dance will probably go to regular Olivia since she is my most used dancer and the highest merged.  Honestly this TT the thing I am looking forward to most are the feathers because grinding on the GHB maps is really boring.  

Edited by EricaofRenais

Putting some thought into who I'm going to use for this TT. Nino needs less than 1k HM, so I'll definitely slap her on a team first with Jaffar as well because I've got him fully built, and I want to see him doing some damage with those TT buffs. I'm thinking I'll keep using Marth as a healer since his Drives are also great. Plus I want him to max out HM. That means I should probably throw in someone to buff Nino. Maybe Ephraim or Flying Ninian. 

But I'm actually thinking that I might build a psuedo-healer Karel... Mine is +HP...so he has 50 HP naturally. XD I'll consider that once Marth maxes out HM. 

But I'm definitely going to use flier emblem once a few of my older units are finished. Flying Nino is going to be scary. 

5 hours ago, Oz ♠ said:

Wish me luck on getting my last Charlotte. :awesome:

Good luck! 

Why the last? Are there ever enough?

/Edit: I'm confused. The in-game notification mentions only two sacred seals as "big" rewards: Earth Dance and RES Tactic. 

Edited by mampfoid

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

The in-game notification mentions only two sacred seals as "big" rewards: Earth Dance and RES Tactic. 

They might not consider Live to Serve seal as “big”.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

They might not consider Live to Serve seal as “big”.

In terms of usefulness it's much bigger than Earth Dance (for me). 

Too bad the event starts on Saturday and not - lets say - today.

I'm slightly salty that Lloyd and Ursula are no bonus units. I already planned to finally do something with Lloyd and bring out Ursula as a pseudo-Reinhardt. I will use a team of Linus, Karel and Jaffar and max HM with the old Nino before I replace her with the new one. Not really interested in Kanas, but maybe I'll switch him with Karel every other round. Savage Blow shenanigans with my +DEF Jaffar will be lots of fun.

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

In terms of usefulness it's much bigger than Earth Dance (for me). 

Too bad the event starts on Saturday and not - lets say - today.

I’m going to give it to Ninian. Azura and Olivia have Hone Spd and Hone Atk glued to them respectively (and their counterparts as C), and Dark Azura has her Urðr.

More time for me to decide on the team…

40 minutes ago, Oz ♠ said:

I'm F2P, so yeah...

Never got a Charlotte myself, but from what I understood you pulled 2-3 copies of her? So your goal is a +3 merge? 

35 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

More time for me to decide on the team…

Important decisions, but nothing that takes several days or even weeks (at least in my case).

36 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m going to give it to Ninian

So you are going to upgrade it? 

For me upgraded DEF Tactic is enough usually. 

Edited by mampfoid

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Never got a Charlotte myself, but from what I understood you pulled 2-3 copies of her? So your goal is a +3 merge? 

At least, if possible. I've saved close to 200 orbs and planned to spread along with the Legendary Banner (which didn't have Candelabra fodder Tharja, thankfully). Soon as I saw the video, I started heavily trying to pull merges of her. Since it's very likely Tharja's finally coming up, I also have to save some for the next one.

3 minutes ago, Oz ♠ said:

At least, if possible. I've saved close to 200 orbs and planned to spread along with the Legendary Banner (which didn't have Candelabra fodder Tharja, thankfully). Soon as I saw the video, I started heavily trying to pull merges of her. Since it's very likely Tharja's finally coming up, I also have to save some for the next one.

Ah ok, good luck then (again). 

8 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

So you are going to upgrade it? 

For me upgraded DEF Tactic is enough usually. 

I upgraded Def Tactic, but I very rarely actually use mixed teams. Ninian is usually on my dragon team, and an immediate boost can be helpful for an enemy-phase unit.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Ninian is usually on my dragon team, and an immediate boost can be helpful for an enemy-phase unit.

Hmm I can't see much value in having her carry Earth Dance in addition to Fortify Dragons. Better use the seal slot for an offensive buff (I upgraded Hone SPD/ATK and Drive ATK for example) or something like Breath of Life etc. 

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Hmm I can't see much value in having her carry Earth Dance in addition to Fortify Dragons. Better use the seal slot for an offensive buff (I upgraded Hone SPD/ATK and Drive ATK for example) or something like Breath of Life etc. 

As I said, I’m not pro enough to guarantee her ending her turn next to someone who’ll need the buffs. Were Hone Dragons more available and not locked to Myrrh who is an excellent unit in her own right, I would have happily given Ninian that. An on-demand buff is a nice alternative for me.

Hone Spd is glued to Azura carrying Hone Atk; Hone Atk is glued to Olivia carrying Hone Spd; Drive Atk is currently glued to Anna who is on the opening team for arena assault.

I want an option to melt down unused seals into Sacred Coins. They can easily be created again via the same menu if you later on decide you want them after all, but frankly I'd be happy just to be rid of the clutter. I'm fairly certain I will never ever use Earth Dance so it can join all the excess Squad Ace seals in the smelter.

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

all the excess Squad Ace seals

I wish the stat+ seals didn’t cost the same as actual skill seals. Atk+3 and Spd+3 are very appealing nonetheless.