Tempest Trials: Feud of the Fangs!

Vaximillian

2 hours ago, Hawk King said:

It is kind of ironic that the top players are excluded from the criteria of this list when tier lists are usually only relevant for the highest level of play for a game.

It’s because the tier lists for Heroes are supposed to be reference for the newer players. The top players are supposed to already know how do build their teams and who beats whom.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

It’s because the tier lists for Heroes are supposed to be reference for the newer players. The top players are supposed to already know how do build their teams and who beats whom.

Normally, guides are for new players. Tier lists are for the advanced.

People who have +10 everything don't need help for how to stay in Tier 20. The T19.5 people target audience makes sense, at least for the aspirational amongst them who are interested in making the leap to full-time T20. i.e. "How do I make the next step?"

8 hours ago, ZeManaphy said:

Is it just me, or does this Tempest Trials seem harder than usual? Every run I do, I have a hard time keeping all mu units alive. Is that just me?

Just you. Every other person has been saying how easy it is.

8 hours ago, Humanoid said:

People who have +10 everything don't need help for how to stay in Tier 20. The T19.5 people target audience makes sense, at least for the aspirational amongst them who are interested in making the leap to full-time T20. i.e. "How do I make the next step?"

Tier lists for literally any other game are not for people who need help getting better. they are simply for arguing about and determining who the best character are, period.

there are fighting games where the best characters require an insane amount of skill to use them at their full potential so new players and even intermediate players would be absolutely terrible with them despite the characters being top tier.

6 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Tier lists for literally any other game are not for people who need help getting better. they are simply for arguing about and determining who the best character are, period.

Well, then put quotation marks around the phrase “tier list” when referring to Heroes, because these are clearly not the same tier lists as for fighting games. Because Heroes is not a fightning game, and not a PvP game at all. Heroes tier lists are guides and references.

10 hours ago, ZeManaphy said:

Is it just me, or does this Tempest Trials seem harder than usual? Every run I do, I have a hard time keeping all mu units alive. Is that just me?

It seems about normal to me. The final map can be painful, but that is because my team has a rather strong weakness that I just keep hitting there.

Team of Jaffar/Elise/Myrrh/Performing Azura. Ruby Sword keeps appearing in such a combination that drawing units down can be tricky. Neither Jaffar nor Elise want to take a hit from Ursula and I can't safely bait her down the right because Ruby Swords keep appearing there. Particularly Seth/Stahl. As such I end up having to Gravity folks on the left, dance out of range and basically play a fighting retreat until I can knock Ursula down. Also Male Grima keeps appearing and Myrrh is the only one can really deal with him, so whatever happens her HP must remain high(which is a lot easier when you are running a healer!).

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Well, then put quotation marks around the phrase “tier list” when referring to Heroes, because these are clearly not the same tier lists as for fighting games. Because Heroes is not a fightning game, and not a PvP game at all. Heroes tier lists are guides and references.

Fire Emblem tier lists are the same. They assume LTC or pretty close to LTC play. Hence why Seth and Titania (FE9) are at the tops of their games despite not having the best 20/20 stats of all the paladins.

15 hours ago, Hawk King said:

Normally, guides are for new players. Tier lists are for the advanced.

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Tier lists are generally for the range of play most relevant for competitive play.

In fighting games, Pokémon, etc., these are often tier lists for the top levels of play (e.g. tournaments and online ranking). However, there also exist tier lists for playing through the story mode of Pokémon games, which exist to help players get through the story mode as quickly as possible (to unlock end-game content or farm legendaries) with minimal grinding, and other tier lists not designed for competitive or top-level play.

Tier lists in Heroes don't exist at the top levels of Arena because there is no relevant competition up there. The relevant competition occurs at the boundary between Tier 19 and Tier 20.

The only relevant competition at the top levels in Heroes is in Arena Assault, but the tier list for the top of Arena Assault is literally

• S: +10-mergeable Gen 2 melee armors, Amelia, Myrrh, and Legendary Heroes
  • D-F: Everything else

for the lead team because scoring capability matters more than performance and has a very steep cut-off. The second through last matches can be counter-picked, which means a tier list is not terribly useful.

On 6/18/2018 at 10:37 PM, Etrurian emperor said:

Poor Ursula. She didn't seem such a bad girl in 7 but this tempest trial and the game in general insists she's some grand villain.

She is a bad girl. Even going past the fact that shes the only Black Fang that didnt have any suspicion to Sonia, shes the only one of the Four Fang that have no signs of being all that good of a person besides Jaffar

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 6:56 AM, ZeManaphy said:

This one's been harder for me, but mostly because Olwen and Reinhardt seem to show up all the time and I don't really have any mage handlers. I decided to drop from Lunatic 7 to 5 because of it. I guess it just depends on what teams you're running. I know I could do Lunatic 7 if I was more serious about it and not just wanting to get HM for certain units...

6 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

This one's been harder for me, but mostly because Olwen and Reinhardt seem to show up all the time and I don't really have any mage handlers.

I’m actually doing quite well against them because my main damage dealer on my team is either Merric or Ishtar (I cycle a bit), and the former can take a shot from both, and the latter… well, I’ve got a dancer for that.

21 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

She is a bad girl. Even going past the fact that shes the only Black Fang that didnt have any suspicion to Sonia, shes the only one of the Four Fang that have no signs of being all that good of a person besides Jaffar

She's a naughty girl in the sense that she's a Black Fang assassin but she's hardly the worst of the bunch. Her loyalty to Sonia seems more like naivety than malice. There's certainly nothing to suggest she has any plans backstabbing the Reeds like in the tempest trial. 

Well auto battle teams are being slaughtered. Though that may be because I was trying to use the bonus heroes mostly. So it was Linus/Canas/Karel/Healer. Linus is holding his own well, so I'll try swapping in different reds/blues and see what happens.

3 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

This one's been harder for me, but mostly because Olwen and Reinhardt seem to show up all the time and I don't really have any mage handlers. I decided to drop from Lunatic 7 to 5 because of it. I guess it just depends on what teams you're running. I know I could do Lunatic 7 if I was more serious about it and not just wanting to get HM for certain units...

5* Canas tanks them pretty well. I gave him Iceberg and a SPD seal (and of course three buddies to stand near him). 

8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

5* Canas tanks them pretty well. I gave him Iceberg and a SPD seal (and of course three buddies to stand near him). 

He can? Interesting, might try that. Found the 7 maps a slog this time, though, so might just stick with the 5*. I'll see :) I'm currently summoner supporting Abel, so Canas hasn't got the best support, anyway. Running Jaffar, Canas, Linus and Abel ^.^

11 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m actually doing quite well against them because my main damage dealer on my team is either Merric or Ishtar (I cycle a bit), and the former can take a shot from both, and the latter… well, I’ve got a dancer for that.

True. I tend to come across all four (both Reinhardts and both Olwens). Green Olwen isn't too bad for the most part, at least, since Canas laughs at her :) Jaffar sometimes tanks Olwen and I think he's tanked Reinhardt, but it then leaves him low on health >.<

7 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

He can? Interesting, might try that.

Funnily in a full stamina bar of TT lunatic/7 runs, I didn't meet Olwen and Reinhardt, but I noted some other encounters for your. Here how much damage Canas took with allies adjacent and RES tactic buff:

Mae 6 (2 allies)
Sanaki 6 (0 allies)
Celica 1 (3 allies)
Ursula 18 (2 allies) 
Micaiah 6 (2 allies)

He died only from an Ishtar who dealt 16 damage per hit, but also proc'd hey special. 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Funnily in a full stamina bar of TT lunatic/7 runs, I didn't meet Olwen and Reinhardt, but I noted some other encounters for your. Here how much damage Canas took with allies adjacent and RES tactic buff:

Mae 6 (2 allies)
Sanaki 6 (0 allies)
Celica 1 (3 allies)
Ursula 18 (2 allies) 
Micaiah 6 (2 allies)

He died only from an Ishtar who dealt 16 damage per hit, but also proc'd hey special. 

Ha, that's pretty cool :) 

I think I'm getting all the Reins and Ols. They know how much I adore them... xD 

I should have more faith in my Canas :O 

Edited by Cute Chao

113,740 points is good for rank 5033 at the moment. I'm finally at a point where I may end this TT with less stamina pots than when I started. I'm trying hard to remind myself to grind points throughout the day. These 450 potions aren't good for much else.

On 6/22/2018 at 10:19 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

She's a naughty girl in the sense that she's a Black Fang assassin but she's hardly the worst of the bunch. Her loyalty to Sonia seems more like naivety than malice. There's certainly nothing to suggest she has any plans backstabbing the Reeds like in the tempest trial. 

I'm not sure I'd say that. We don't actually know when Ursula joined the Black Fang. Yet given Jaffar, who we know is a Nergal-Sonia addition to the BF, is a Four Fang, I would not rule out the possibility that Ursula too is a post-corruption addition, and that her loyalty has never been to the BF as to Sonia. This doesn't necessarily equate to naïveté, just some form of devotion, she can be pure evil but devoted.

On 6/18/2018 at 11:37 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

Poor Ursula. She didn't seem such a bad girl in 7 but this tempest trial and the game in general insists she's some grand villain.

Why "poor"? If anything, she is getting too much attention. All she did in FE7 was appear in 7x, pop in for the grand gathering of the Four Fangs, toss you the Hammerne staff in exchange for a promise you'll kill Vaida whom she hates (apparently, despite helping the people she is supposed to be killing, the idea of letting Vaida, a Black Fang wannabe get HEL, is more offending to her), and then appear as the boss in Battle Before Dawn with a little confrontation with Jaffar and Nino before the fight begins.

Ursula is minor villain who by no means deserved such an early GHB, Sonia or Nergal should've gotten it. Why did she get it? Well there is fitting in with a Jaffar-Nino banner, bringing the unique Tome-Cavalry combo (for the time at least), and the other reason of being a female. But as far as being a villain and presence in the base game goes, she deserved it not at all. As a result, they had to play her up to compensate.

Currently at rank ~10.6K and it's getting harder to climb up. Will probably spend some stamina potions to secure a spot in the top 10K for the 6K feathers. 

@Rafiel's Aria Also, I needed a green mage after capping HM on Nino and Soren so it was Merric's turn.

lZqLuis.jpg