Tempest Trials: Feud of the Fangs!

Vaximillian

Going at "natural pace", i.e. the bonus runs plus draining naturally regenerating stamina, seems to have left me in no-man's-land of 70k-ish points which would be competing for a top 20k rank ...if only a top 20k rank were a thing. There's no difference between being rank 10001 and 50000 so it ends up feeling like a lot of my time's been wasted and I should have made less effort. Oh well, something to keep in mind for next TT, because I certainly have no intention of farming up 40-50k points on the final day to get top 10k.

I'm a bit worried about this unbroken sequence of TT straight into GC straight into VG with no time to take a breather in between. Sure the rewards are nice but playing FEH has been exhausting lately.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I'm a bit worried about this unbroken sequence of TT straight into GC straight into VG with no time to take a breather in between. Sure the rewards are nice but playing FEH has been exhausting lately.

Well, there is not much to do in VGs and you could auto-battle GCs if you are short on time. 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Well, there is not much to do in VGs and you could auto-battle GCs if you are short on time. 

VGs are the worst for me because of the unpredictable timing aspect, at least with GC you know ahead of time when to burn all your resources. Autobattle GC is a bit iffy too because it can result in losing out on an orb or two from GC tier, since getting to tier 25 over the course of the event is pretty tight.

At least most of it will happen during weekdays instead of weekends. I don't know how most people feel about it, but generally during weekends, the last thing I want to do is play FEH. It makes things like double SP events super awkward because I know that's optimally when I should play, but I'd rather be playing something else.

That said, I'm not trying to take content away from people, and I do appreciate that a lot of people just want as many things to do in FEH as possible. But it'd be nice to have a consistent couple of days off between events rather than the present situation where they're running back to back, but then have a full week with nothing going on.

28 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

VGs are the worst for me because of the unpredictable timing aspect, at least with GC you know ahead of time when to burn all your resources. Autobattle GC is a bit iffy too because it can result in losing out on an orb or two from GC tier, since getting to tier 25 over the course of the event is pretty tight.

I've been lucky with GCs so far, no big problem to reach tier 25 with 100% auto mode (opposed to TTs where I'm 100% manual). Also because of this I'm not touching my brigades (not updating my friends units), they work too well. 

VGs on the other hand have a lot of quests and you need to check in regularly if you want to get at least 1-2 decent multipliers per round (which eats time). I'm pretty relaxed about VGs these days, the amount of attention and luck needed to get top results most of the time isn't worth the few additional feathers to gain. 

33 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

At least most of it will happen during weekdays instead of weekends. I don't know how most people feel about it, but generally during weekends, the last thing I want to do is play FEH. It makes things like double SP events super awkward because I know that's optimally when I should play, but I'd rather be playing something else.

I've taken a lot of FEH-free days (except for the daily stuff) in the last month and I think I didn't miss out much. Double SP weekends are a strange thing, FEH weekend is Friday and Saturday, but not Sunday where I would have a little more time. There are other means now to get SP faster: Since the last update units get more SP from gaining levels and the strongest of my units get blessings, which is a permanent 2x SP multiplier. Valor skills are rare, but very helpful (luckily I got sword-, bow- and red tome valor). 

I have very few units left with less than 1,000 spare SP or at least a full build learned. 

47 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

That said, I'm not trying to take content away from people, and I do appreciate that a lot of people just want as many things to do in FEH as possible. But it'd be nice to have a consistent couple of days off between events rather than the present situation where they're running back to back, but then have a full week with nothing going on.

Back to back Tap battle events are evil ;-) 

7 hours ago, Humanoid said:

I totally agree. I have a whole bunch of Chain Challenges and Squad assault I still haven't done. Plus the Oliver re-run quests, and the Blessed Gardens maps and Rival Domains. And then there are the better natures I pulled for a few of my units I need to merge and level back up.

Ugh, I need a day or two to catch up!

244,800 is currently good for Rank #646.

It was looking like 250k would be around the cutoff for top 1000, but I won't feel comfortable until I hit 260k. And even then, I don't know if that will hold up...

It feels like I’ve slowed down quite a bit. My current 145,854 is worth #3,809 at the moment. I will need to make a rather sizeable push tomorrow to stay in top 5k.

Meanwhile, this tempest was certainly fruitful:
Screenshot_20180625-194541.png

From zero to herocap! (Well, technically not from zero but from about 25, but who cares)

11 hours ago, Humanoid said:

IS be liek: "Spend your entire week playing our simplistic strategy game to get 30-40 orbs to get a STOCKPILE of Swap fodder, Bartre, and OG Henry"!  Or spend that time working an extra shift and just buy the orbs.

11 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Agreed. IS is quite cunning at making you keep on playing the game even when you don't want to. 

5 hours ago, Hawk King said:

And then there are the better natures I pulled for a few of my units I need to merge and level back up.

It's only 15 minutes and less than a bar of stamina to get a unit from level 1 to level 40 on the training maps, provided you're on the right day of the rotation. (Excluding staves and maybe daggers.)

At least, I know I have strategies for the melee, ranged, bow, and magic maps that are flexible enough to be used by most units regardless of stat spread (low-Atk bows and tomes require some ad-libbing).

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's only 15 minutes and less than a bar of stamina to get a unit from level 1 to level 40 on the training maps, provided you're on the right day of the rotation. (Excluding staves and maybe daggers.)

At least, I know I have strategies for the melee, ranged, bow, and magic maps that are flexible enough to be used by most units regardless of stat spread (low-Atk bows and tomes require some ad-libbing).

With all of the shards and crystals I have I will probably just level them to 35 ish and then go from there.

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Hawk King Why don't you level your units in TTs? 

I should, but I am just so lazy/ indecisive/ distracted to actually getting around to doing it.

And after 4 hours of sleep, I am rank 9xx...

260k probably won't be enough so I am going to have to aim higher...

2 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

With all of the shards and crystals I have I will probably just level them to 35 ish and then go from there.

I generally save shards for 4-star characters that need to be promoted for skills. The training maps are just too easy and convenient if you catch them on the right day (and aren't trying to level a 2-star Robin).

And the extra kill SP is nice because I hate farming SP.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I generally save shards for 4-star characters that need to be promoted for skills. The training maps are just too easy and convenient if you catch them on the right day (and aren't trying to level a 2-star Robin).

And the extra kill SP is nice because I hate farming SP.

If I already have plenty of skills learned I don't really care about missing out on 150-500 SP. I have enough shards to level about 100 characters to LV 20 and enough crystals to take 30 or so characters all the way to LV 40. If you stop at 35 you save a whole lot of crystals too. I figure if I have all of these resources I mind as well use them.

14 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

If I already have plenty of skills learned I don't really care about missing out on 150-500 SP. I have enough shards to level about 100 characters to LV 20 and enough crystals to take 30 or so characters all the way to LV 40. If you stop at 35 you save a whole lot of crystals too. I figure if I have all of these resources I mind as well use them.

Yeah, if you have that much lying around, you may as well use them.

I'm rank 3,932 with 153k. I've been grinding lunatic 5 auto battles on the side while doing other things. It didn't take as long as I expected to push up from the 10,000 rank range I was at yesterday, which was nice. I'll probably spend a couple more stamina potions before it ends just to be safe. Not like there's anything more important to waste them on.

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Not so far away: Rank 7,604 with a score of 117,258. 

Caught up a little bit. Currently rank ~7.7k with ~119K score.

Edited by tobuShogi

21 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

Currently at rank ~10.6K and it's getting harder to climb up. Will probably spend some stamina potions to secure a spot in the top 10K for the 6K feathers. 

@Rafiel's Aria Also, I needed a green mage after capping HM on Nino and Soren so it was Merric's turn.

Reveal hidden contents

lZqLuis.jpg

Woooot! Go Merric! It's always a good day to see someone else using him. He's pretty scary with Tempest buffs. Even scarier when he's +10 with Tempest buffs.

Ended up doing what I feel was an appropriate amount of grinding. Maxed out HM on a few characters, mostly dancers. But I didn't try too hard for a high score. Flying Nino and Jaffar were my MVPs for sure. I wish I had gotten around to using Canas more, but I now have enough feathers to +1 him. 

6 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Woooot! Go Merric! It's always a good day to see someone else using him. He's pretty scary with Tempest buffs. Even scarier when he's +10 with Tempest buffs. 

Been meaning to try out Merric so I'm glad I finally pulled the plug. I lost my red check on an earlier map and Merric took care of Zelgius(with the help of his special) for me.

Ended up doing what I feel was an appropriate amount of grinding. Maxed out HM on a few characters, mostly dancers. But I didn't try too hard for a high score. Flying Nino and Jaffar were my MVPs for sure. I wish I had gotten around to using Canas more, but I now have enough feathers to +1 him.

I personally don't like running refresher units on my main TT team except when they're bonus units until I get the TT character. The only exception was when PA!Azura was a TT bonus character and she pulled her weight both as a fighter and a support unit. Other than that, I use them enough in regular gameplay that they gain plenty of HM. Healers, on the other hand, I can never have too much of for TT. I always run one for this game mode.   

Merric is a beast, confirmed personally.

I was #3,902 before I went to sleep, dropped to #4,962 seven hours later. These are going to be stressful five hours.

80k points is a thoroughly useless rank 17000. Would need an eyewatering 50% more effort than I've put in already just for a sniff at top 10k so that's not happening. Be curious to know what the top 50k cutoff is though so I can better pace my effort next time.

41 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Been meaning to try out Merric so I'm glad I finally pulled the plug. I lost my red check on an earlier map and Merric took care of Zelgius(with the help of his special) for me.

I personally don't like running refresher units on my main TT team except when they're bonus units until I get the TT character. The only exception was when PA!Azura was a TT bonus character and she pulled her weight both as a fighter and a support unit. Other than that, I use them enough in regular gameplay that they gain plenty of HM. Healers, on the other hand, I can never have too much of for TT. I always run one for this game mode.   

Merric's pretty great when I run him in the Arena. I can usually use him to take out Zelgius too since he's bulky enough to tank a hit. I've been running him with Legendary Ryoma and a water blessing. That 41 DEF is VERY nice. 

I've switched between always running healers and refresher units. I have so many refresher units now that I have trouble capping their HM just from using them for training alone. I've done pretty well capping out healers, so I decided to just run Marth as my "healer" this time around. I did the same with Lucina. I'd like to eventually do the same for my Alm and Chrom too since they don't get to see a lot of use outside of AA.