Tempest Trials: Feud of the Fangs!

Vaximillian

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

What's the dancer sacred seal people are talking about?

I can't find the specifics. 

All I've seen of it is a screengrab of Discord naming the three seals (Earth Dance, Live to Serve, Res Tactic) and the bonus heroes, so it's not exactly concrete evidence, but it's all we've seen so far.

EDIT: So the seals are correct but the bonus units include neither Navarre nor Lloyd, just regular Nino, which completes the TT banner as discussed above.

7PZmql1UmslgJ5p2M43PUGlT1E-7m3jfORjGPS3K

Edited by Humanoid

Linus has Basilikos? Argh and I promoted and refined Raven yesterday out of boredom. 

So 4 red bonus units? 2 colorless, 2 green and no blue. Since I have Karrel (no SI yet), I don't think I'll promote Canas or Lloyd. No Jaffar and I don't plan to pull much on the new banner. 

Seals: 

• Earth Dance
    more or less useless for me, in most cases DEF tactics or Fortify [Movement type] are better. Units that rely on DEF don't rely much on dance anyway. 

• RES Tactic
    nice. SPD and ATK tactic next year I guess

• Live to Serve
    this would have been so handy in all 2017 TTs, but 2018 TTs have become cheese
Edited by mampfoid

24 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

All I've seen of it is a screengrab of Discord naming the three seals (Earth Dance, Live to Serve, Res Tactic) and the bonus heroes, so it's not exactly concrete evidence, but it's all we've seen so far.

EDIT: So the seals are correct but the bonus units include neither Navarre nor Lloyd, just regular Nino, which completes the TT banner as discussed above.

7PZmql1UmslgJ5p2M43PUGlT1E-7m3jfORjGPS3K

Ohhh! Even better! Now I don't have to worry if I don't get any of the new units, my good ol' Nino will put lots of work then!

Well, at least my Nino and Jaffar haven't maxed HM yet, so I can use them if I don't pull any of the new units. The last tempest trials was ... interesting. With bride Sanaki and groom Marth doing pretty much all the work because my regular Sanaki and regular Ninian had maxed out HM long ago, and my regular Marth and regular Tharja were ... not all that ready to go.

Ugh. My Nino has just capped her HM in the previous tempest. My Jaffar is spiritually with Olwen; my Karel, with Selena.
Guess it’s Linus or Canas for me.

Based on the bonus units, it would seem that the TT banner is to feature Nino, Jaffar, and Karel.

It's an instant skip for me.

Looks like I'd have to use Nino, Linus, and Canas for the TT.

Edited by Roflolxp54

New tactic seal is neat, Earth Dance will be going to Brinian and I have been waiting for LtS for ages, that's going on BridLyn.

But Canas is pretty certainly the unit reward, so I'm most excited for that.

RIP Lloyd, Nino took his spot and Karel and Karla are now mercenaries of the Black Fang apparently.

So Canas is 36/32/29/21/33, Rauðrowl+, Reciprocal Aid, Hp/Res 2, Res Tactic 3. How can we make anything useful out of this?

But Linus is no joke when it comes to offense.

Guess I'll give Earth Dance seal to Olivia, Ninian has Fortify Dragon and PA Azura buffs everything anyway.  Res Tactic will go to LA Lilina so she can buff Atk and Res.  Don't know what I will do with Live to Serve, healers don't need to take damage anymore.  For the TT team I will use Nowi, both Ninos, and Canas.  

Poor Canas was done dirty but...that statline is...true to his source material kinda like Micaiah. Hmm, I guess I’ll run a mix of my 2 previous TT teams and bring in Linus once I get him. 

Yay! Live to Serve SS is a amazing reward! Now my Wrathful Candlelight+ Dazzling Staff B-skill Bride Lyn will be completed!

Res Tactic is ok. I really like my Tactic Team, with L' Ike, L' Lyn, Siegbert and Bride Ninian, but I would prefer Atk Tactic.

Earth Dance? Yeah... why not. At least now my Lene can buff 3 stats at the same time. Almost a red PA!Azura. She only needs Fortify Res.

From the bonus units... well... I only have a 4* Nino, and she has her defaut skill set. I need to work on her... Or get Canas or Linus.

I have the feathers to 5* Linus, so I'll likely run him, Karel, Jaffar and one other. I'd like to get Jaffar's refine. Looking forward to getting some HM on my FE7 lot, at least.

Linus is now far more handsome than his brother. It's a strange world.

Linus is just a carbon copy of Raven? Well, I guess if I already used a lot of my axes in AA matches and I still have some left, he's an option. At least he has WAY better art than his brother. Poor Lloyd.

Canas's art is looking good too.

Also liking that Earth Dance seal! Interesting seal choice.

Edited by Anacybele

So I take it Canas is the free unit and Linus is the ghb unit. I can live with that, I actually really liked Canas in Blazing Sword. I probably won't use him much here since he's a red mage though.

Nino, Jaffar, and Karel? Sounds like a good team. I'll swap in Canas and Linus based on who wants the SP. And those seals are excellent. Earth Dance is a pass, but the other two are top tier considerations for upgrading. Do we know when this starts? I dunno if I should save my current 20K feathers or not.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Linus is just a carbon copy of Raven? Well, I guess if I already used a lot of my axes in AA matches and I still have some left, he's an option. At least he has WAY better art than his brother. Poor Lloyd.

Linus does lack merges and natures, but there are bigger differences such as higher physical bulk and atk. His stats and base kit are good. Plus that art. Over time I've grown iffy about brazens so I'm not going to fodder him. You should definitely 5 star him as he's definitely one of the best free units in the game if you're having trouble with PvE content.

20 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Linus does lack merges and natures, but there are bigger differences such as higher physical bulk and atk. His stats and base kit are good. Plus that art. Over time I've grown iffy about brazens so I'm not going to fodder him. You should definitely 5 star him as he's definitely one of the best free units in the game if you're having trouble with PvE content.

I see. Yeah, his art is pretty great. Thank goodness he didn't get his brother's artist.

Looks like I will be using Linus and Canas since TT is the perfect place to train units, regular Nino might see some use but I really need to 5* her and Linus has first dibs on my feathers so she will wait a bit.  My Nana has her eyes on that live to serve SS so that will be the one I level up first and I think Olivia will be getting earth dance.