World of Dragons OoC/Signups

Dragoncat

Plot

The five dragon tribes all lived in relative peace and harmony. There were a few disagreements, but nothing too serious. The main problem was the gnorcs, those ugly little creatures who were a thorn in the side of every dragon. They stole treasure, and sometimes they would even make off with dragon eggs...to no avail, because the parents would never fail to track down the culprit and give them a fiery death. But egg stealing remained a common occurrence, proving how stupid gnorcs were.

Indeed, the gnorcs were a nuisance. But they weren't a big enough one. That is until they rallied under a champion, a gnorc named Gnasty. Gnasty had gotten his grimy paws on a magic spell that would encase a victim in crystal. He aimed to crystalize every dragon. But being a dimwitted gnorc, he fired it off right in the middle of broad daylight and hit only one dragon elder. Turned out the spell was easily reversable, a mere touch from another dragon was enough to break it. Gnasty was banished to a wasteland known simply as the Junkyard, a fate worse than death to any dragon. He renamed it Gnasty's World once he got there.

Attacks on dragons by gnorcs became more common and brutal, and now they weren't just stealing eggs, they were smashing them on sight! All with cries of a "revolution" and "for Lord Gnasty!" The situation had become serious...this meant war.

The Five Tribes

Artisans: The most docile tribe, and the most talented in art, whether it's painting, sculpting, poetry, or song. The Artisans World is made up of rolling meadows, prairies, and some forest.

Peace Keepers: The toughest warriors, they are leading the charge against the gnorcs, but are suffering casualties. The Peace Keepers World is made up of rugged canyons and deserts, and the occasional ice cave.

Magic Crafters: Solitary, aloof, and the best at magic. The Magic Crafters world is made up of tundras, highland caves, and mountains.

Beast Makers: Mostly gentle, big strong dragons who are the best at raising livestock, mainly chickens and boars. The Beast Makers world is made up of forests and swamps.

Dream Weavers: Mystics who know the most about astrology, and the meanings of dreams. The Dream Weavers world is a series of islands off the coast of the mainland.

Other Creatures

Fairies: Longtime friends and allies to the dragons. Gnorcs are capturing them and some are even trying to eat them. Fairies do have magic, but not overly powerful magic.

Wizards: Magic wielding creatures who live in the Magic Crafters and Dream Weavers worlds. They are mainly neutral, but a few are siding with the gnorcs.

Gnomes: Most of these live in the Artisans world and herd sheep. They normally avoid conflict but will protect their flocks and get annoyed when dragons take sheep for food. The gnorcs are trying to get them on their side.

Apes: Tribal creatures who live in the Beast Makers world. They have always been a bit of a nuisance, throwing bananas at dragons and laughing. The gnorcs are trying to find a way to get them to fight for them.

Gnorcs: The problem creatures, most are green skinned, fat, and ugly. They pillage with great brutality. Most are from the Peace Keepers world, where they clash with dragons constantly.

World Map

I made this a long time ago, but it still works!

Rules

All basic RP rules apply. No god moding. No mary sues/gary stus. Use proper grammar and punctuation. Paragraph style.

This is an AU, Spyro doesn't exist.

You may have as many characters as you can handle, and you can be a dragon of any tribe or any of the other listed creatures.

Signup Sheet

Name

Age (roughly, you can say things like "teen" and that will also work)

Species (if dragon, include tribe)

Appearance

Personality

Backstory

Edited by Dragoncat

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name: Garre

Species: Dragon (peace keeper)

Appearance: Copper colored scales with brown eyes, red crests, dull red horns and claws, golden yellow wings, and a beige underbelly. Horns form a jagged upward pointing angle. 

Personality: Stubborn, can be scary when angered, has been known to torch his subordinates when they annoy him or don't follow orders correctly. Despite his rough exterior though, sometimes he does develop a soft spot for a subordinate and will be more lax with them, the current "colonel's pet" being Hurik (see second character).

Backstory: A peace keeper colonel, he is said to have been quite the looker in his prime and had a few short flings, but is now mated to his work. No eggs or hatchlings resulted from any of these flings. Is currently working diligently in the war effort. As a young dragon he would often go to Ice Cavern, so he's used to cold. Sometimes his drills include flying laps in Ice Cavern, and if they complain they fly more laps.

Name: Hurik

Species: Dragon (peace keeper)

Appearance: Dull yellow scales with gray eyes, green crests, tan horns and claws, light green wings, and a silver underbelly. Horns curve slightly backward.

Personality: A brave go getter with dreams of grandeur. The colonel appears to be taking a fatherly role toward her, and she's not sure what to think of that, but she's glad she's never been on his bad side. Intelligent, fierce in battle but knows her limits.

Backstory: She's the daughter of two now retired peace keeper soldiers, and grew up in the heart of Cliff Town. A fairly new recruit, she's got her aging parents and two little brothers rooting for her back home, so she's not going to let them down if she can help it...but these are dangerous times indeed.

Edited by Dragoncat

I'll type up my Sign-up Sheet later on today. Depending on our progress do you think we'll RP through the entire trilogy? @Dragoncat also we have about I think 4 of us. Should we space ourselves out in terms of our race/tribe?

50 minutes ago, Tediz64 said:

I'll type up my Sign-up Sheet later on today. Depending on our progress do you think we'll RP through the entire trilogy? @Dragoncat also we have about I think 4 of us. Should we space ourselves out in terms of our race/tribe?

Nope, just Spyro 1.

And spacing out the tribes would be recommended, but not overly necessary. I'm planning two Peace Keepers, so use that information as you will.

Name: Efreet --------- Gender : Male --------- Age : Adult --------- Species : Dragon ~ Peace Keeper

Personality: Excitable, Eager, Hard-headed, Stubborn, Loyal, has the worst luck in the entire universe, tactical (but not savant like), honorable, has slightly low self-confidence (as in filled with doubt sometimes), and sometimes but not all the time; bitter, cynical, pessimistic, and has walls up preventing people from getting too close.

Back story:  Having lost both parents early on in the growing war with gnorcs, Efreet was raised by his aunt and uncle and spent most of his younger life in Cliff Town. Failing to connect with others including relatives left Efreet cold, apathetic, and finding solace in becoming stronger. Growing up, Efreet heard plenty of stories of soldiers and the life of warrior which ended up becoming his goal. Eager to start his own story and as soon as he became of age joined the Peace Keeper military and started training at Rockridge Fort. Gaining experience on the battlefield, losing a few fellow brothers, and seeing the tension built up to total war, Efreet made little time to understand other dragons, make friends, or experience other cultures. Thus making the journey of traveling to other places not only to defend other dragon areas but scout more in the war effort was going to be a new experience. (i think this is adequate enough?)

Below are images of how i'd like to appear (it could be similar and not a total knock off. The key point i guess would be a white underbelly, dark red hide, red eyes, and a few scars

Spoiler

5b1a7fc9c9b4e_Igneel1.thumb.png.631f8cdb2258024e75a914effbcb65df.png

Spoiler

5b1a7fe41c405_Igneel2.thumb.jpg.60fe887d220aeb47db6b027405e16c1a.jpg

Spoiler

5b1a7ff06bb9a_Igneel3.thumb.png.3ee771f18d4513057b344e83612c4de5.png

Spoiler

5b1a7ffce5709_Igneel4.thumb.jpg.05a5ca723de2b62d047eec5dd5469afb.jpg

*Disclaimer: i don't own the pictures, i simply found them on google*

Edited by Tediz64
Added a few things

Name: Erandanan  

Species: Artisan

Appearance: 
Related image

Personality:  Enjoys his creature-comforts; considers his cozy little woodland retreat to be a slice of heaven. Dislikes leaving it for extended periods of time, and would rather be lazing around a wellspring and feasting on smoked lamb then going out on a worthy quest or epic adventure.  Welcomes those who show proper respect in his domain and shares his bounty freely with travelers, but reacts violently to any who would defile or deface his beloved grove. 

[Backstory]: Hails from the western Lands of Artisan, where the rolling plains give way to the forests of the Dark Hallow and meld into the Beast Maker's swamps. Raised peacefully among the Artisans and Beastmaster alike with the culture of the former and the indulgences of the latter, he prefers the wild places of their borderlands and even the Beastmaker's swamps to meadows and castle towns. He finds greater beauty in the natural world and finds the pretense of spire and sculpture--distasteful.  While still possessed of the fine culture and civilized refinement of his native Artisan Tribe--his craft is poetry, song, and wordsmithery--he is considered somewhat of an oddity among his tribesmen. Who find his preference for forest life and dislike of meadows and castles particularly bizarre. Is often considered closer in interests and temperament to the beastmakers, with whom he trades tale and song for fodder more regularly than he associates with his own kind.    

Edited by Shoblongoo

40 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

My biggest question is, does it matter what color I make them?

Nope! Your dragons can be any color.

@Shoblongoo He is accepted! Glad to have you on board.

I'll have mine up shortly, I have a doctors appointment soon, so I probably don't have time to do it now.

Edited by Dragoncat

8 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Gnomes: Most of these live in the Artisans world and herd sheep. They normally avoid conflict but will protect their flocks and get annoyed when dragons take sheep for food. The gnorcs are trying to get them on their side.

Wait, aren't those Shepherd guys actually human? Or I take it you're changing that for the RP?

Anyway, here's my sign-up:

Name: Gilbert (also sometimes just called Gil)

Species: Dragon - Beast Maker

Appearance: For an easier way to explain, look at the average appearance of a Beast Maker:

Resultado de imagen para Spyro the Dragon Beast Makers

And then picture that a bit younger-looking, somewhat slimmer, with bigger wings, shorter horns, and spikes along the tail. For colors, the scales and membranes are primarily black, with a dark gray underbelly, and dark blue eyes.

Personality: A bit of a semi-loner, he can come of as aloof and stoic at times, and a bit grumpy. While it can seem like he doesn't care for much, the truth is he's just not well at expressing it, save perhaps for a few exceptions. He's more at ease when surrounded by animals than fellow dragons.

Backstory: For generations, Gil's family has lived at the Misty Bog, dedicated to raising and tending boars. The best you can find that side of the realm, or so they say. Gil grew up in the normal and simple life a boar farm can bring... well, as normal and simple it can be when dealing with temperamental boars, pests like the Attack Frogs, and the occasional gnorc. Since young, Gil would accompany his father when delivering the boar meat to sell/barter, so he has seen a few other places of the Dragon Realms. It was during one of this delivery journeys where he met his girlfriend, an Artisan dragon. Something his family isn't fully supportive with, hoping he'd settle down with a fellow Beast Maker instead. As tensions with the gnorcs reach the boiling point, Gil and his family brace themselves to face the upcoming conflict.

---

There it goes. Hopefully acceptable.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait, aren't those Shepherd guys actually human? Or I take it you're changing that for the RP?

It's up for interpretation, I think they fit as gnomes.

Accepted! Are you going to make the Artisan girlfriend into a character?

8 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

It's up for interpretation, I think they fit as gnomes.

Accepted! Are you going to make the Artisan girlfriend into a character?

I suppose. Well, their redesign in Reignited does make them clearly human, at least. And the shepherds in A Hero's Tail were also as well. I suppose it was just the PSX graphics. Hahaha, then again, I suppose with people like Agent Zero, humans in the Spyro universe aren't quite as we know them.

Well, I'm not so sure. For the time being that would be a no. Best I remember, it's been years since I last was in an RP, so I want to take it easy at first with just one character. Perhaps later on.

Name: Fara

Age: Young adult/Older teen. Somewhere around the human equivalent of 19

Species: Dragon - Magic Crafter

Appearance: Different shades of purple and blue. Darker on the top with a light blue underbelly (will try to add a picture later if I can)

Personality: Rather friendly but somewhat shy. She wants to be friends with most but has some self confidence issues that lead to social awkwardness. She tries though!

Backstory: Fara was born with strong magical powers and her parents were elated, hoping she would grow into a strong dragon. It didn't take long to discover that for all her power she had very little control. She's spent years studying her magic and can use simple spells very easily, but anything more advanced and there's no telling what will happen. She's traveled some, learning about the other worlds, but most of her interactions have been short, leaving her with a desire to explore the world and meet people... and an awkwardness around others that she's trying to get over. She hopes the war with Gnasty and the Gnorcs ends quickly so the world can go back to peace.

I hope this works, if it doesn't let me know.

Also sorry that took some time, it's been a hard day today.

19 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

I hope this works, if it doesn't let me know.

Also sorry that took some time, it's been a hard day today.

It looks fine as long as she doesn't become mary sueish with that very strong magic. Magic crafters do have good magic but yeah.

Everybody, when we start, we can use this as an OoC topic. Also know that the forts on the map will either start taken over by Gnasty's henchmen or will be eventually, these henchmen being the bosses from the game. I can jot down some stuff about them tomorrowish.

1 hour ago, Dragoncat said:

It looks fine as long as she doesn't become mary sueish with that very strong magic. Magic crafters do have good magic but yeah.

Don't worry, she'll mostly be using smaller time spells. If she does use big magic it'll be more likely to help the Gnorcs than the dragons xD If you'd rather I avoid the big spells all together though just let me know.

53 minutes ago, Tediz64 said:

Lol based off my character and Silver's sounds we are in for either some really weird interactions or us fighting because not understanding each other. @Silver-Haired Maiden

Oh dear lol. Probably more weird interactions since she can be shy :)

If we need more I can add a couple others, but I'd like to get my bearings first in the RP if that's alright.

Guys I think we have enough to start! When I can I'll make the topic, have to come up with an idea for the opening post. It might take a few days though, heads up.

Edited by Dragoncat

What would everyone prefer for the first post?

Council meeting hosted in Peace Keepers World (since both of mine are peace keepers)

Council meeting on neutral ground between worlds, like in the middle of the map

Jumping right into action, starting with a battle

A council meeting while a battle is going on? So the council could be discussing something and then we trail off with "meanwhile at x location..." Something about a battle raging. Hmmm.... nevermind. A neutral location council meeting sounds good. 

Edited by Tediz64