Jump to content
Shoblongoo

Fire Emblem Characters that Resemble Characters from Other Fictions

Recommended Posts

Henry = Gin Ichinaru (Bleach)

Image result for gin ichimaru


Arthur = All Might (My Hero Academia)

Image result for all might




Virion = Edgeworth (Phoenix Wright)

Image result for edgeworth

___________


Any other one's come to mind?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Nino stole her design from Saria from Zelda OoT. xP

Virion looks like Dunban from Xenoblade.

Raigh and Lugh, but moreso Raigh, look like Drew from the Pokemon anime.

Ryu from Street Fighter and RD Ike also kinda look alike.

And that's all I can think of.

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I think Nino stole her design from Saria from Zelda OoT. xP

Yepppppp. I see it.

100% convinced that King Dheginsea is some smart-ass game designers cartoon version of G. Gordon Liddy.

Image result for g gordon liddy

Image result for king dheginsea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Virion and Dunban have the same hair and the same shirt ruffles, but the latter has some handsome stubble and the former doesn't.

Image result for fire emblem virionImage result for xenoblade dunban

Now that I look at them side by side the hair and shirt ruffles are slightly different though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm probably one of the few that is reminded of Eren Jaegar from Attack on Titan whenever I see Tobin.

eren-jaeger--73.jpgtumblr_inline_onjjbrHWqT1tyycxp_400.png

Okay, the resemblance isn't as I strong as I remember when I first saw Tobin's Echoes design. The two have different eye colors, and the latter has a more mellowed-out face. However, they both got brown hair, thick brown eyebrows, and even a similar hairstyle.

There is a much stronger resemblance between one Fire Emblem character and another character I've seen from fiction, but the particular character I'm referring to is a Re:Zero Light Novel/Web Novel spoiler from the series' later arcs:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20180415070950latest?cb=20161103081007

The character on the right is Garfiel Tinsel, a character that is introduced in Re:Zero Arc 4.

When I first saw Rowan, I was immediately reminded of Garfiel. Both have blond hair, yellow eyebrows, and green eyes. Garfiel from the front even looks quite a bit like Rowan.

 

Edited by Erureido

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason, Yukimura reminds me of Citan Uzuki from Xenogears and Hal Emmerich (Otacon) from Metal Gear Solid.

4zfvGZu.pngFmtjfTY.pngjE0ii2W.png

It's probably the glasses and the common interest in tinkering with junk that causes me to equate these characters.  I guess Citan's actually wearing spectacles, but still.  Though Yuki and Hal are also rockin' a stubble.  And while none of them share hairstyles, Yuki and Hal have a similar scruffiness to their hair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes to the Cordelia and Erza one and double yes to Hinoka and Lora.

2 hours ago, Erureido said:

The character on the left is Garfiel Tinsel, a character that is introduced in Re:Zero Arc 4.

When I first saw Rowan, I was immediately reminded of Garfiel. Both have blond hair, yellow eyebrows, and green hairs. Garfiel from the front even looks quite a bit like Rowan.

I really want them to hurry up with the RE: Zero anime purely because I need more of the story, but maybe I can wait till I clear out my anime backlog some more.

Anyways my contribution to this, Clair from Echoes looks like Forte from Rune Factory 4, though with a bit more armor and a cape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xander and his black blade look very, very similar to Elric of Melnibone (the pale skin is a giveaway), one of the characters from Michael Moorcock's Eternal Champion fantasy novels. Then again, Elric's sword Stormbringer was more powerful than one would imagine--it's a sentient blade that saps the soul of friend and foe alike.

 

str2_wowtnselric_cover_da.JPG

Edited by Karimlan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deen's OG Gaiden design (which was given to a generic boss in SoV) is a dead ringer for Jean Pierre Polnareff from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

Yepppppp. I see it.

100% convinced that King Dheginsea is some smart-ass game designers cartoon version of G. Gordon Liddy.

Image result for g gordon liddy

Image result for king dheginsea

That's uncanny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

I really want them to hurry up with the RE: Zero anime purely because I need more of the story, but maybe I can wait till I clear out my anime backlog some more.

I finished the Re:Zero anime, and I've enjoyed it. It's one of the better isekai animes I've seen recently. Admittedly, I haven't read all the Light Novel/Web Novel chapters. I've only a read some of the early ones that take place where the anime left of, but I do know about most of the major characters introduced in the later arcs, hence why I brought up that one character earlier.

And speaking of Re:Zero, I just realized there's another set of Fire Emblem characters that strongly resemble two very prominent Re:Zero characters:
 

LN32byR.pngAxYkOBQ.png

nHO7iZg.jpg

Yep, from looks alone, Felicia and Flora resemble Rem and Ram quite immensely. Both duos are twin sisters where one sister has pink hair and the other has blue hair (the two duos having different hairstyles aside). Even their personalities are quite similar. One sister is known for acting cute all the time (Felicia and Rem), while the other has a stiff and serious attitude (Flora and Ram). One is quite skilled at maid work (Rem and Flora), the other not so much (Felicia and Ram, though the latter isn't as extreme). The blue-haired maid sister of both duos also has crippling self-esteem issues (not to mention both have a significant other they are in love with), while the pink-haired maid sisters are more confident than the other (not to mention both pink-haired maid sisters were more adored by their parents for their talent). Did I mention both of these sisters come from tribes with magical powers? Yep, that too.

Seeing how the Re:Zero Web Novel began in 2012 and Fire Emblem Fates was released in Japan three years later, as well as considering all those previous connections I just made, it makes me wonder if the creators of Fire Emblem Fates used Rem and Ram as the inspiration for the characters of Felicia and Flora, despite the fact most Fire Emblem fans watching the Re:Zero anime (when Re:Zero's popularity really took off) for the first time probably thought the other way around (I know I was one of them).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Erureido said:

I finished the Re:Zero anime, and I've enjoyed it. It's one of the better isekai animes I've seen recently. Admittedly, I haven't read all the Light Novel/Web Novel chapters. I've only a read some of the early ones that take place where the anime left of, but I do know about most of the major characters introduced in the later arcs, hence why I brought up that one character earlier.

And speaking of Re:Zero, I just realized there's another set of Fire Emblem characters that strongly resemble two very prominent Re:Zero characters:
 

LN32byR.pngAxYkOBQ.png

nHO7iZg.jpg

Yep, from looks alone, Felicia and Flora resemble Rem and Ram quite immensely. Both duos are twin sisters where one sister has pink hair and the other has blue hair (the two duos having different hairstyles aside). Even their personalities are quite similar. One sister is known for acting cute all the time (Felicia and Rem), while the other has a stiff and serious attitude (Flora and Ram). One is quite skilled at maid work (Rem and Flora), the other not so much (Felicia and Ram, though the latter isn't as extreme). The blue-haired maid sister of both duos also has crippling self-esteem issues (not to mention both have a significant other they are in love with), while the pink-haired maid sisters are more confident than the other (not to mention both pink-haired maid sisters were more adored by their parents for their talent). Did I mention both of these sisters come from tribes with magical powers? Yep, that too.

Seeing how the Re:Zero Web Novel began in 2012 and Fire Emblem Fates was released in Japan three years later, as well as considering all those previous connections I just made, it makes me wonder if the creators of Fire Emblem Fates used Rem and Ram as the inspiration for the characters of Felicia and Flora, despite the fact most Fire Emblem fans watching the Re:Zero anime (when Re:Zero's popularity really took off) for the first time probably thought the other way around (I know I was one of them).

yeah, the RE; Zero anime left me wanting more but I haven't checked out the webnovel yet, probably should.

How could I forget those two? I really do think they were influenced a lot by Rem and Ram. I also think Jakob is inspired a bit from Black Butler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm almost convinced that Itachi and Sasuke were the inspiration for Soren. Especially Sasuke.

images.jpeg.e45285755abf598ce3a3146e5ed32690.jpeg5b1bedaa862fd_images(3).jpeg.787bb3bfba082066f9285e95d4acd208.jpeg

Shinon also resembles Renji from Bleach.

Volke also resembles Kakashi(From Naruto) a lot.

PS. This site is so picky with images. Omg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Erureido said:

I finished the Re:Zero anime, and I've enjoyed it. It's one of the better isekai animes I've seen recently. Admittedly, I haven't read all the Light Novel/Web Novel chapters. I've only a read some of the early ones that take place where the anime left of, but I do know about most of the major characters introduced in the later arcs, hence why I brought up that one character earlier.

And speaking of Re:Zero, I just realized there's another set of Fire Emblem characters that strongly resemble two very prominent Re:Zero characters:
 

LN32byR.pngAxYkOBQ.png

nHO7iZg.jpg

Yep, from looks alone, Felicia and Flora resemble Rem and Ram quite immensely. Both duos are twin sisters where one sister has pink hair and the other has blue hair (the two duos having different hairstyles aside). Even their personalities are quite similar. One sister is known for acting cute all the time (Felicia and Rem), while the other has a stiff and serious attitude (Flora and Ram). One is quite skilled at maid work (Rem and Flora), the other not so much (Felicia and Ram, though the latter isn't as extreme). The blue-haired maid sister of both duos also has crippling self-esteem issues (not to mention both have a significant other they are in love with), while the pink-haired maid sisters are more confident than the other (not to mention both pink-haired maid sisters were more adored by their parents for their talent). Did I mention both of these sisters come from tribes with magical powers? Yep, that too.

Seeing how the Re:Zero Web Novel began in 2012 and Fire Emblem Fates was released in Japan three years later, as well as considering all those previous connections I just made, it makes me wonder if the creators of Fire Emblem Fates used Rem and Ram as the inspiration for the characters of Felicia and Flora, despite the fact most Fire Emblem fans watching the Re:Zero anime (when Re:Zero's popularity really took off) for the first time probably thought the other way around (I know I was one of them).

The resemblance it's so uncanny that this is impossible to be a coincidence (specially as you said, Re:Zero is from 2012... Maybe IS don't expected this Novel to become such a hit some years later xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

yeah, the RE; Zero anime left me wanting more but I haven't checked out the webnovel yet, probably should.

How could I forget those two? I really do think they were influenced a lot by Rem and Ram. I also think Jakob is inspired a bit from Black Butler.

I cannot see jacob as anything other than sebastian.

and I just realised that felicia, flora, and jacob are almost exclusively fanservice, looking at it the inspiration is almost uncanny and it's not like sebastian was without sex appeal (ulterior soul devouring motives aside, may have been more sexy depending on who you ask), his smooth voice (it's a rare day that I can appreciate that kind of accent but sebastian nailed it), his perfect execution of whatever tasks were assigned, and of course who doesn't like absolute obedience, and I would say that jacob has two of those (his voice is a bit more debatable imo), there is a good reason why female and male corrin have different servants follow. 

Edited by thecrimsonflash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say it's more to both series just playing the same stereotypes than anything. Re;Zero is hardly the first work to have the young French Maid outfits, granted I haven't actually seen Re:Zero, so I might be missing more of the specifics (does the blue haird maid ever commit suicide by immolation for example? Because that would be something worth noting), but from where I'm sitting they just look like stock character tropes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jotari said:

I'd say it's more to both series just playing the same stereotypes than anything. Re;Zero is hardly the first work to have the young French Maid outfits, granted I haven't actually seen Re:Zero, so I might be missing more of the specifics (does the blue haird maid ever commit suicide by immolation for example? Because that would be something worth noting), but from where I'm sitting they just look like stock character tropes.

Personality wise Rem and Ram match up near perfectly to Flora and Felicia with exception. Rem doesn't commit suicide that way, though she does kinda commit suicide in alternate dimension ways but it's more self sacrifice. Watch the show it'll explain it better I promise. Just know Subaru is hated, especially in the middle by everyone, but it gets better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

Personality wise Rem and Ram match up near perfectly to Flora and Felicia with exception. Rem doesn't commit suicide that way, though she does kinda commit suicide in alternate dimension ways but it's more self sacrifice. Watch the show it'll explain it better I promise. Just know Subaru is hated, especially in the middle by everyone, but it gets better.

Well without an angst ridden betrayal, it sounds like Flora at least doesn't match up. Despising Corrin and her situation as a enslaved hostage is the basis for much of her personality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...