Fire Emblem Characters that Resemble Characters from Other Fictions

Shoblongoo

51 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Well without an angst ridden betrayal, it sounds like Flora at least doesn't match up. Despising Corrin and her situation as a enslaved hostage is the basis for much of her personality.

Rem, the blue-haired maid from Re:Zero, is quite similar to Flora in regards to one of the traits you mentioned: that the two despised the main character of their respective titles at some point.

Rem initially hated Subaru because he had the same smell as the Witch Cultists, the antagonistic faction that was responsible for massacring her entire tribe when she was just a child. Because of Subaru's smell, she came to the assumption Subaru was someone from the Witch Cultists, more specifically a spy that was sent to eventually terrorize the mansion she worked at ever since her tribe was wiped out. Rem even went as far as killing Subaru in two loops (one of which was with the help of her sister) because of this. 

19 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Naesala bears an uncanny resemblance to Lancer (F/SN).

Salem and Kakyoin (JJBA) must go to the same hairdresser.

I mean, iirc it was stated that Salem's design was inspired on Kakyoin's (can't find the source right now), so...

Oh yeah, and there's that Echoes boss (Blake) who looks like Polnareff (and who wields a Shadow Sword).

On 6/8/2018 at 6:35 PM, Ertrick36 said:

For some reason, Yukimura reminds me of Citan Uzuki from Xenogears and Hal Emmerich (Otacon) from Metal Gear Solid.

4zfvGZu.pngFmtjfTY.pngjE0ii2W.png

It's probably the glasses and the common interest in tinkering with junk that causes me to equate these characters.  I guess Citan's actually wearing spectacles, but still.  Though Yuki and Hal are also rockin' a stubble.  And while none of them share hairstyles, Yuki and Hal have a similar scruffiness to their hair.

You could also say Yukimura resembles Jin Uzuki from the Xenosaga Trilogy because Jin is literally Xenosaga's version of Citan (in terms of appearance).

_______

latest?cb=20180102132826latest?cb=20170204201245

The summoner of FE Heroes resembles Addam from Xenoblade Chronicles 2

latest?cb=20180328151944latest?cb=20170122063010

Alfonse is literally Emperor Niall, also from Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

1 hour ago, Erureido said:

Rem, the blue-haired maid from Re:Zero, is quite similar to Flora in regards to one of the traits you mentioned: that the two despised the main character of their respective titles at some point.

Rem initially hated Subaru because he had the same smell as the Witch Cultists, the antagonistic faction that was responsible for massacring her entire tribe when she was just a child. Because of Subaru's smell, she came to the assumption Subaru was someone from the Witch Cultists, more specifically a spy that was sent to eventually terrorize the mansion she worked at ever since her tribe was wiped out. Rem even went as far as killing Subaru in two loops (one of which was with the help of her sister) because of this. 

Well the reasoning is pretty different, but I do confess that sounds slightly more than coincidental.

@Thane:

The artist of the below picture of the link recasted 4 Awakening children as the Persona 4 cast. The only objection I have is Inigo being Teddie; I say Inigo should have been Yosuke - trying to play cool, but fails to?

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/761/639/214.jpg

Edited by henrymidfields

Ylgr from FEH looks so much like Izumo's younger sister Tsukumo from Blue Exorcist. 

Spoiler

image.png.4a53a0b4130ef4b593eaeabda14bb3e6.png

Byleth from Three Houses looks like a mix between L-Elf Karlstein from Kakumeiki Valvrave, and Tiir from Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu.

Spoiler

image.jpeg.35002dd9ea81ffd91814cb354b7ee078.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b890493f15c58579969e09c9ae5fe695.jpeg

I don't watch anime, but is red hair common amongst this angry girl tsundere cliche I've heard of? Since Devil Survivor 2's Airi Ban and Severa both fall into this category I hear.

latest?cb=20111121033650fefates-icon-luna

Also, Male Robin and Valkyria Chronicles's Welkin Gunther:

Avatar (1)Image result for valkyria chronicles welkin

The hair color is off now that I compare them side by side, but the stylings and color is close enough for me. The difference is while Robin is broken in gameplay, his character leans me a bit towards wanting him to sing like a canary. Welkin I find more bearable, if a little too idealistic dorky goodie, although unless you have to use it, the Edelweiss is better sold for scrap in gameplay.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't watch anime, but is red hair common amongst this angry girl tsundere cliche I've heard of? Since Devil Survivor 2's Airi Ban and Severa both fall into this category I hear.

Well when it comes to tsunderes there are usually two major visual indicators.

1. twintails

2. and thigh highs also known as the absolute territory referring to the skin between the thigh highs and the edge of the skirt.

honestly I'm kind of ashamed that I know all this information

Red hair seems to be a third one the more I think on it. Usually because characters with red hair are generally abrasive and hot headed. which are kind of the defining traits of a tsundere.

• 2 weeks later...

I can still post here right? The topic isn't too old yet? Okay, cool.

The similarities between Sigurd from FE4 and Jonathan Joestar from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is too close. There's was a reddit post that showcased fanart of Sigurd looking like Jotaro Kujo, a descendant of Jonathan, and one poster who went by the name of KujoQtaro said:

"Both were born into nobility and wealth. Both were also very strong and gifted with powers above normal humans, and fought with conviction and the belief that what they fought for was just and right. Both of their fathers died in front of them, prompting their own growth to defeat the one responsible for their father's death. Though they lost great and close allies along the way, (Quan and Ethlyn & Zeppeli and Dire) they ultimately appeared to succeed in their goals by defeating the villain. However, they were surprisingly and violently killed in front of their wives by one who had masqueraded as a friend, surrounded by fire. Their descendants avenge them eventually though."

Spoiler

Portrait_Sigurd_Heroes.png.6b61df75cbbc2a130a7025be6499b65c.png5b3973a042c8a_jonathanjoestar.jpg.a939475f2f37726305a89adf1106cb9a.jpg 

Not the best pictures to compare the two, but meh.

Jonathan is a lot more jacked than Sigurd, but the resemblances remain true regardless.

Someone on the dev team for 7th Dragon III was a Camilla fan, I think, since one of the female Agent portraits looks exactly like Camilla does, purple hair over the eye and all.
The kicker is, in-game, you can even select Miyuki Sawashiro's voice, the same person who voiced Camilla.

On 10-6-2018 at 5:55 AM, Armagon said:

Alfonse is literally Emperor Niall, also from Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

I personally view him more similar to Morgan due to the smaller size and younger age.

From the same game there's also a character who's basically a brown haired Hinoka.