Future forms of the Fire Emblem

So far the titular Fire Emblem has taken the form of a lock pick, a shield, a flag (sort of), a royal seal, a magic stone made to seal a Dark God, a medallion with a different Dark God sealed in it, a sword and an opera (that's the path Tokyo Mirage Session took, surprisingly this is not the most tacked on appearance in the series).

So the cool sounding name for a tactics series is pretty mutable, what other things could it be, or would you like it to be? I'm sort of surprised it hasn't been a super powered Dragonstone used by the villain yet.

Edited by Jotari

43 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I'm sort of surprised it hasn't been a super powered Dragonstone used by the villain yet.

The Earth Stone was a thing for Medeus in the war of shadows. I'm just sayin.

Edited by CatManThree

Don't know what they can do they already did stones, a sword, a shield, crests, a medallion, (likely Kirans summoning gun so magic divine pistol). Only thing I can think of is the other weapon types, a pendant, a bracelet, an old trinket or magic armor. 

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

I like the idea of the Fire Emblem being a person but I don’t expect it to be handled well.

What if the Fire Emblem is instead a place?

Or maybe some sort of league?

We could also take a more metaphysical approach and have the Fire Emblem be a concept or ideal instead of having it be a material thing.

Honestly, I feel like the fire emblem is the least interesting thing in the series, it's really just a name, I really don't like what fates did, because it was one of the most tacked on versions (the most common thing to do is take a mcguffin which already has a name and then give it the name of the series as a second name so the writers can think they are clever)

I wouldn't disapprove of a dragon stone, so long as we cannot argue that the writers had other ideas originally for its name.

also fates loses so many points for me, for not using the fire emblem, or the fire emblem theme until the ending of revelation, that kinda pissed me off.

so in that regard, let's make sure the fire emblem (including the name none of this yato final form is fire emblem) is established early on, I think that Lehran's medallion was one of the better handled fire emblems because it was always there, had influence, and wasn't brought up only when it was significant.

can't wait for FE 16 to take place in modern day and the fire emblem is actually the fyre emblem an ancient mixtape from the distant past of 1975. Ya know, for the meme.

2 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I like the idea of the Fire Emblem being a person but I don’t expect it to be handled well.

What if the Fire Emblem is instead a place?

Or maybe some sort of league?

We could also take a more metaphysical approach and have the Fire Emblem be a concept or ideal instead of having it be a material thing.

Would the opera count as a concept more than a material thing?

2 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Honestly, I feel like the fire emblem is the least interesting thing in the series, it's really just a name, I really don't like what fates did, because it was one of the most tacked on versions (the most common thing to do is take a mcguffin which already has a name and then give it the name of the series as a second name so the writers can think they are clever)

I wouldn't disapprove of a dragon stone, so long as we cannot argue that the writers had other ideas originally for its name.

also fates loses so many points for me, for not using the fire emblem, or the fire emblem theme until the ending of revelation, that kinda pissed me off.

so in that regard, let's make sure the fire emblem (including the name none of this yato final form is fire emblem) is established early on, I think that Lehran's medallion was one of the better handled fire emblems because it was always there, had influence, and wasn't brought up only when it was significant.

can't wait for FE 16 to take place in modern day and the fire emblem is actually the fyre emblem an ancient mixtape from the distant past of 1975. Ya know, for the meme.

You think Fates is bad, in Genealogy of the Holy War it's tact on after the final boss is defeated, depending on your marriage options, referenced for the first time on an object we never get to see and doesn't even use the conventional name for the series (sort of like the Emblem of Flame more so than the Fire Emblem).

Edited by Jotari

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

You think Fates is bad, in Genealogy of the Holy War it's tact on after the final boss is defeated, depending on your marriage options, referenced for the first time on an object we never get to see and doesn't even use the conventional name for the series (sort of like the Emblem of Flame more so than the Fire Emblem).

To be fair, FE4 started not as Fire Emblem at all. Apparently it was "Holy Sword Elm Kaiser" (how mighty- for Arbor Day!), and then Sword Emblem (ironic?), before becoming Fire Emblem. So really the object is irrelevant, because the game wasn't even intended to be a Fire Emblem in name, only in gameplay (but not enough so the developers thought to warrant the FE title). 

https://serenesforest.net/2016/06/20/making-of-fire-emblem-genealogy-of-changes/#more-32331

Actually, although I know it wouldn't happen nowadays, I wouldn't mind the franchise's title being just "Emblem", with other words tacked on changing from game to game. So Sword Emblem one day, the next it's Heart Emblem, the one after that, it's Emblem of the Pact. Allows for the emblem to not have a name with such contortions in explaining said name sometimes. No need to make it fiery.

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

To be fair, FE4 started not as Fire Emblem at all. Apparently it was "Holy Sword Elm Kaiser" (how mighty- for Arbor Day!), and then Sword Emblem (ironic?), before becoming Fire Emblem. So really the object is irrelevant, because the game wasn't even intended to be a Fire Emblem in name, only in gameplay (but not enough so the developers thought to warrant the FE title). 

https://serenesforest.net/2016/06/20/making-of-fire-emblem-genealogy-of-changes/#more-32331

Actually, although I know it wouldn't happen nowadays, I wouldn't mind the franchise's title being just "Emblem", with other words tacked on changing from game to game. So Sword Emblem one day, the next it's Heart Emblem, the one after that, it's Emblem of the Pact. Allows for the emblem to not have a name with such contortions in explaining said name sometimes. No need to make it fiery.

Huh, that's an article I've never seen before. Thanks for sharing. With those kind of names in consideration, it's even more baffling that Kaga thought he could get away  with "Emblem Saga." Which I suppose he kind of did in the end, some how.

Edited by Jotari

"Fire Emblem" which might incarnated as a person? In my minds :

If become protagonist character, the promoted class would be the Emblem Lord.

If become antagonist character, the class would be the Overlord.

In my minds, the next "Fire Emblem" is the massive ancient and invulnerable air-floating WARSHIP which powered by mythical rune-engines, armed with some ballistical barrels that may operates by bow-wielders, long-range magical towers that may operates by tome-wielders, an healing ward with "fortify" effect that may operates by a staff-wielder, the large deck for support and "launching" the fliers, a bridge for operates the ship which only able to works by a marine-unit, and have a giant room for carrying and deploying ground units, including stables for all kinds of steeds.

This "Fire Emblem" is a legendary weapon from the ancient lost technology which has very high potential not only to the entire lands but also intercontinental serious threat if possessed by wrong hands. The WARSHIP is a mobile-fortress which has own weaponsmith and vendor facilities, in other words, this "Fire Emblem" is a moving My-Castle.

The story may developed like this:

More than a millenia ago after the great wars ended, the "Fire Emblem" divided into several parts and those each parts spreaded and sealed under several kingdom's or empire's palaces until the existancy of "Fire Emblem" would be considered as a myth. The prologue started when the empire started the war to other countries for retrieves each parts of the ship in order to revives it.

Long story short: The emperor found the ship's part and some damaged ancient documents when his palace were under renovations. The emperor examined the documents for a year until he learned the truth about the ancient "great war", why the terrifying and invulnerable "Fire Emblem" existed but able to be divided, and the prophecy about the next "Great War". The emperor tried to presented it another kings and queens but nobody believed him and even suspected him as an insane and delusional person, including his own scholars. The main characters who their kingdoms attacked by imperial forces finally convinced and learned the truth about "the mad emperor's intentions", but it's too late : the real threat has been started.

Please forgive my crazy story. I admit my minds has 'contaminated' by so many Tactical RPG titles. Beside, I have a different idea about the character who started a war, and not must only as "the war criminal (the emperor) must die" without any strong background stories. The epilogue may be developed as the emperor paid his crimes by helps rebuilding and repairing the damages he done to the another countries and unnecessary died as a boss unit who sat patiently on his sweet throne.

I felt perhaps my idea has been written in the wrong thread, but what do you thing about it?

2 hours ago, illegal knight said:

"Fire Emblem" which might incarnated as a person? In my minds :

If become protagonist character, the promoted class would be the Emblem Lord.

If become antagonist character, the class would be the Overlord.

In my minds, the next "Fire Emblem" is the massive ancient and invulnerable air-floating WARSHIP which powered by mythical rune-engines, armed with some ballistical barrels that may operates by bow-wielders, long-range magical towers that may operates by tome-wielders, an healing ward with "fortify" effect that may operates by a staff-wielder, the large deck for support and "launching" the fliers, a bridge for operates the ship which only able to works by a marine-unit, and have a giant room for carrying and deploying ground units, including stables for all kinds of steeds.

This "Fire Emblem" is a legendary weapon from the ancient lost technology which has very high potential not only to the entire lands but also intercontinental serious threat if possessed by wrong hands. The WARSHIP is a mobile-fortress which has own weaponsmith and vendor facilities, in other words, this "Fire Emblem" is a moving My-Castle.

The story may developed like this:

More than a millenia ago after the great wars ended, the "Fire Emblem" divided into several parts and those each parts spreaded and sealed under several kingdom's or empire's palaces until the existancy of "Fire Emblem" would be considered as a myth. The prologue started when the empire started the war to other countries for retrieves each parts of the ship in order to revives it.

Long story short: The emperor found the ship's part and some damaged ancient documents when his palace were under renovations. The emperor examined the documents for a year until he learned the truth about the ancient "great war", why the terrifying and invulnerable "Fire Emblem" existed but able to be divided, and the prophecy about the next "Great War". The emperor tried to presented it another kings and queens but nobody believed him and even suspected him as an insane and delusional person, including his own scholars. The main characters who their kingdoms attacked by imperial forces finally convinced and learned the truth about "the mad emperor's intentions", but it's too late : the real threat has been started.

Please forgive my crazy story. I admit my minds has 'contaminated' by so many Tactical RPG titles. Beside, I have a different idea about the character who started a war, and not must only as "the war criminal (the emperor) must die" without any strong background stories. The epilogue may be developed as the emperor paid his crimes by helps rebuilding and repairing the damages he done to the another countries and unnecessary died as a boss unit who sat patiently on his sweet throne.

I felt perhaps my idea has been written in the wrong thread, but what do you thing about it?

That sounds AMAZING I would want this!!!

On 6/10/2018 at 1:01 PM, Jotari said:

Would the opera count as a concept more than a material thing?

I don’t know much about mirage sessions but, from what I gathered after a quick google, the Fire Emblem there seems to be a ritual in the form of an opera? Yeah I guess that would count

On 6/11/2018 at 1:14 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Haha. How concidental. I first read that article yesterday and learn they wanted to out some kind of squad mechanic into Genealogy, and then look what happens today.

I think that you have to gather all the crests, place them in a bigger crest which would be called the Fire Emblem, and then a giant dragon emerges from them all and grants you three wishes. Then Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude each wish for a new house. Hence the name Three Houses.