Should you level up your lords to above 50?

Hanes

No, sure lloyd's level is harder and more annoying but in a future chapter you will fight the other brother, on a trone! So if you kill linus you will have to fight lloyd with the insane bonuses of the throne, no thank you ima get critted a lot, if you kill lloyd first on the other hand (BY having the lords be under level 50 as the sum of their levels) you will have to fight linus in the throne and hes easier to take down more tedious but not annoying as when lloyd dodged everything. Ive seen very few peopple say this and others say its better to get the linus version, why?

For me bosses that don't move are significantly easier because I can always ensure that units that are best suited to fighting that boss will fight that boss. Due to that neither boss is too threatening when they don't move. Lloyd's chapter is annoying because he can critical hit you and for people who haven't played his map before can ambush you as well if you aren't aware of his position on the map, in addition you have to hope Wallace's AI doesn't get him killed before you can recruit him.Meanwhile Geitz starts as an enemy and thus is actually easier to recruit.

Well, what it basically comes down to is will you use Geitz or Wallace? If you won't use either, then yeah, Lloyd's is probably better. It can be cleared more quickly, especially if you don't care about even recruiting Wallace.

If you plan on using one of them, or even want the option, then Geitz is far and away the better unit. He's still not amazing, but Wallace is terrible and Geitz is actually pretty solid. Plus he has a B in bows and some nice HM bonuses. He's arguably the best bow user in the game, and is one of the better axe users (I think people usually place the paladins, Hawkeye, and possibly Hector and Harken, just because Geitz is around more, above him).

As for CoD, Lloyd can't critical from range, and yes, he's tougher, but he's still not ridiculously difficult from what I remember. Sure, you're not going to be doubling him, but gang up on him with a few lance users, and he should go down okay. IIRC, both move, so you can get rid of their throne bonuses too. He also only has effectively 19 attack at range, if I remember calcs correctly.

But basically, in the end it comes down to Geitz vs. Wallace. If you don't care about either, then yeah, go Lloyd in FFO.