• Hardin, Dark Emperor
    • Sigurd, Holy Knight
    • Arvis, Emperor of Flame
    • Ephraim, Legendary Lord
    • Lyon, Shadow Prince
    • Ike, Vanguard Legend
    • Zelgius, Jet-Black General

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/08/2018 at 04:11 AM

22 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Anyway, getting back on topic ... I still don't know who to choose between Marth and Sigurd. Anyone want to convince me either way?

Go with Marth so I can crush you under my Gradivus so that you can give me more multipliers.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Go Marth. He’s finally getting to participate in one of these after Naga knows how long. He deserves appreciation.

Okay, I'm convinced XD

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

If some folks in our country think that way, it's probably a minority. There are women in high positions of power in this country, and even plenty of women in the freaking military here who also even sometimes get deployed. Do any other country's militaries have women? Again, I'm not saying we're perfect, I'm aware that there are still some issues, I just think we're one of the better countries in the gender equality category.

It could be less of a minority than you think, and it's not like everyone who thinks that way knows it consciously. It could be a subconscious thing that they can't even really explain or are even aware of. Besides, my point is that you shouldn't blast this as a "primarily weird Japanese culture" problem while praising the U.S. for being soooooo much better when it's a universal problem that's existed as long as shit and still does everywhere to some extent.

EDIT: @Ice Dragon I feel that that shouldn't convince me, but I think I am doubly convinced XD;

Edited by Sunwoo

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

It could be less of a minority than you think, and it's not like everyone who thinks that way knows it consciously. It could be a subconscious thing that they can't even really explain or are even aware of. Besides, my point is that you shouldn't blast this as a "primarily weird Japanese culture" problem while praising the U.S. for being soooooo much better when it's a universal problem that's existed as long as shit and still does everywhere to some extent.

I didn't mean the US was THAT much better, sorry if it came off that way. I just think we're better to a degree, that's all. But fair enough.

After much careful consideration, I've decided to join Marth's team. I just have to support him in his first gauntlet, hopefully all the way to victory!

Fellow Marth team members, my ID is: 6899831584
My lead is Brave Lyn, but I can change that if needed. I have a merged +10 Valentine Lyn and +10 Nino, and a merged +6 Marth and +6 Roy.

2 hours ago, SageOfAnys said:

Oh, a new VG, I wonder whos-   *sees Lyon*

I am ready and willing to die for my prince. We're totally going to get stomped by Ephraim round 1 lol

On a more serious note, it's nice to see an all male gauntlet so a guy can finally win, hopefully it's a bit of a more fun one. Hopefully Lyon can make it past round 1, otherwise I'll jump ship to Sigurd or Arvis, whichever survives, really.

ALSO, anyone on Team Lyon want to add me? I don't think I have any fellow Team Lyon members on Serenes on my friend list. My ID is 0453367742 and my in-game name is Anys!

You are already on my FL I think your lead is Catria right? 

10 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

After much careful consideration, I've decided to join Marth's team. I just have to support him in his first gauntlet, hopefully all the way to victory!

Fellow Marth team members, my ID is: 6899831584
My lead is Brave Lyn, but I can change that if needed. I have a merged +10 Valentine Lyn and +10 Nino, and a merged +6 Marth and +6 Roy.

Gotchu. I'm running a +2 Michalis

Shit, this is a great gauntlet but I want to support everyone! I think I'll start with Arvis just to see if he can get far, if he loses I'll go with Ike if he's still there.

Seeing all this Marth support makes me feel all warm inside<3

Team Marth, my ID is 7048770922

I'll be running my +1 Groom Marth but I'm willing to change if you want.

One must question why on earth it matters if a voting gauntlet in a spin off game has any kind of gender ratio. Considering women often win these, with maybe three male winners since launch, having a vg of all badass dudes is actually refreshing. Also, the US being one of the worst nations for gender equality in the industrialized world, has....literally nothing to do with this vg.

:KnollRoll: 

im backing my BBQ Boi, Arvis. If he gets beat, its Sigurd. If Sig gets beat, i guess its Marth. But Jugdrals have my priority. 

4 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

WE SHALL DIE TOGETHER FOR OUR DEMON KING.

Added. My user name is Aria's Boys and Lucius is my lead ATM. Will probably switch to my Close Counter Leon though. The last time someone I loved this much was in a gauntlet was when Merric got to be in the mage gauntlet. I'd love to see him destroy everyone on the right. XD 

If he doesn't make it, I'll probably jump ship to Marth....or anyone on the left really. It would be nice to Sigurd or Arvis win however...

Thanks! I'm okay with any unit lead, as long as it isn't red :P

Also I know how you feel. Last time I was this excited for a VG was the dragon gauntlet with Nini. I'm raring to go now just like I was back then! Go Lyon!

2 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

You are already on my FL I think your lead is Catria right? 

Yup!

32 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

Also I know how you feel. Last time I was this excited for a VG was the dragon gauntlet with Nini. I'm raring to go now just like I was back then! Go Lyon!

Sent you a request as well ^^ Lead is Fallen Takumi but will change to a green unit before the gauntlet starts.

14 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Well yeah, but that doesn't change the connotations of GUYS FIGHT EPIC BATTLES FOR THE FATE OF THE WORLD GIRLS HAVE SILLY INCONSEQUENTIAL SLAP FIGHTS

Also, where is our big brothers gauntlet we definitely have more than enough big bros. Hold the Ike, though.

To be fair, I do get where you're coming from. It did make me think that it figures the first theme with all guys is pretty grandiose. But I let it slide because for once all guys xD

It would be nice to have a big brothers gauntlet. Or even a little brothers gauntlet, 'cos we have a fair few of those, too (even if many are from Fates). Maybe a big brothers vs little brothers gauntlet xD

14 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Anything that lets me support Marth more.

Exactly :D

I possibly would support him in that. I kinda want to support him in this, but Sigurd always gets my vote. I'm then torn between Marth or Ephraim, otherwise, since I do really like Ephraim and he has put in a lot of work on both my accounts... but at the same time, Marth just feels really deserving. I might see how popular they both are and go with the one less likely to win so I can support the other next round, maybe.

Unless Sigurd wins, then I'm taking him as far as he goes :D

Edited by Cute Chao

9 hours ago, Motendra said:

Gotchu. I'm running a +2 Michalis

Accepted!

9 hours ago, Lau said:

Seeing all this Marth support makes me feel all warm inside<3

Team Marth, my ID is 7048770922

I'll be running my +1 Groom Marth but I'm willing to change if you want.

Sent a request!

Any other Marth teammates?

3 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Any other Marth teammates?

My ID is in my signature, but if you can’t see these, it’s 2511325170, leader is Sharena forever and always.

I don’t remember if I have you on my friend list.

It would be fun if something like "Gun"nthrá happen again.

Looks like it's a battle between protagonists and anti-protagonists.

I guess this is one of the voting gauntlets with the least salts as many have more than one preference.

Who win doesn't matter, as long as you get to support who u like most...and seeing flags fly all over the place.

(๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧

Edited by Exozinx

Team Hardin.  I pulled him on this VG banner, and has helped me get over a lot of bad luck on the summer, DB, and legendary banners.  In addition he is going to be a huge underdog against Marth and if he wins will likely still be an underdog regardless of who he faces in future rounds so he is great for feathers.  

27 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

In addition he is going to be a huge underdog against Marth and if he wins will likely still be an underdog regardless of who he faces in future rounds so he is great for feathers.  

Time for the obligatory reminder that the most popular team on SF more often than not isn't the gauntlet's actual most popular team. If anything, Marth might be the underdog here because of Hardin's status as one of the game's most OP armors. Marth, meanwhile, is at least my pick for the most underwhelming Falchion user now that Alm has ascended into dragon slaying godhood.

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Time for the obligatory reminder that the most popular team on SF more often than not isn't the gauntlet's actual most popular team. If anything, Marth might be the underdog here because of Hardin's status as one of the game's most OP armors. Marth, meanwhile, is at least my pick for the most underwhelming Falchion user now that Alm has ascended into dragon slaying godhood.

Marth is pretty awesome, I think he is 2nd only to Alm actually.  Cause his drive spectrum is something no other unit can do.  Ayra and Karla are better than Lucina or Chrom as combat units, while Alm is the best dragon slayer.  

Hardin is known as an OP armor, but he is 5 star locked and fairly recent, so not many people have him.  While near everyone likely has a Marth, since he was 4-5 star for awhile, and then 3-4 star.  I've pulled so many of him.  Generally people like voting for a unit they have so they can get the bonus points.  

22 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Generally people like voting for a unit they have so they can get the bonus points.

I'm not sure that's as big a factor as you think it is. If it was, then why was F!Grima's team in the last gauntlet so much bigger than any of the Askr trio's teams or maybe the more apt question is why were the Askr trio's teams so minuscule in general? Why didn't Black Knight have a notable advantage against his helmet-less self two gauntlets before last? And also in that one, Grima was also the most popular team instead of either of the F2P units (Black Knight and Anankumi).