• Hardin, Dark Emperor
    • Sigurd, Holy Knight
    • Arvis, Emperor of Flame
    • Ephraim, Legendary Lord
    • Lyon, Shadow Prince
    • Ike, Vanguard Legend
    • Zelgius, Jet-Black General

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/08/2018 at 04:11 AM

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

I'm not sure that's as big a factor as you think it is. If it was, then why was F!Grima's team in the last gauntlet so much bigger than any of the Askr trio's teams or maybe the more apt question is why were the Askr trio's teams so minuscule in general? Why didn't Black Knight have a notable advantage against his helmet-less self two gauntlets before last? And also in that one, Grima was also the most popular team instead of either of the F2P units (Black Knight and Anankumi).

Yeah, this, plus RD Ike's team should've been bigger than Grima Robin's by that logic too. He's free now. And mega popular.

I think some salty Tharja fans went to Grima Robin's team because of how RD Ike beat out Christmas Tharja in the Hero Rises poll.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

I'm not sure that's as big a factor as you think it is. If it was, then why was F!Grima's team in the last gauntlet so much bigger than any of the Askr trio's teams or maybe the more apt question is why were the Askr trio's teams so minuscule in general? Why didn't Black Knight have a notable advantage against his helmet-less self two gauntlets before last? And also in that one, Grima was also the most popular team instead of either of the F2P units (Black Knight and Anankumi).

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, this, plus RD Ike's team should've been bigger than Grima Robin's by that logic too. He's free now. And mega popular.

I think some salty Tharja fans went to Grima Robin's team because of how RD Ike beat out Christmas Tharja in the Hero Rises poll.

I guess that is true.  I don't know why people would vote for characters they don't have cause it would greatly reduce the rewards they get.  I think F Grima is very popular though, Black knight is very popular as well and Zelgius is just the power creeped summonable version.  On the other hand Marth is like top 5 popularity, while Hardin is I dunno, 200th or something?  I love Hardin the character, but I don't know how many other people do.  The New Mystery or its remake was never released in the US, which is where Fallen Hardin comes from.  

5 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

I guess that is true.  I don't know why people would vote for characters they don't have cause it would greatly reduce the rewards they get.  I think F Grima is very popular though, Black knight is very popular as well and Zelgius is just the power creeped summonable version.  On the other hand Marth is like top 5 popularity, while Hardin is I dunno, 200th or something?  I love Hardin the character, but I don't know how many other people do.  The New Mystery or its remake was never released in the US, which is where Fallen Hardin comes from.  

Some peeps just like to support their fav person, regardless

9 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

I don't know why people would vote for characters they don't have cause it would greatly reduce the rewards they get.

I think a lot of players still just treat VGs as a popularity contest first and foremost and pick their favorites.

5 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Request sent!

Trent with Lyn? Accepted!

@Lewyn @Motendra @Alkaid Guilty as charged. In about half of the gauntlets, I didn’t have the unit I supported. Didn’t stop me because I actually go with my favourites, or those I dislike the least.

Edited by Vaximillian

9 hours ago, Alkaid said:

I think a lot of players still just treat VGs as a popularity contest first and foremost and pick their favorites.

Based on this forum and you could already assume 90% of the players treat this as a popularity contest.

5 minutes ago, Exozinx said:

Based on this forum and you could already assume 90% of the players treat this as a popularity contest.

Like you, I presume?  If so, then you'll fit right in~!

This is the first time that I have every single unit on the banner.  I'll. . .roll a 7-sided die (no I'm not supporting Alvis, why do you ask?).

7 minutes ago, Exozinx said:

But this is supposed to be a popularity contest, and has been supposed to be a popularity contest from the word go.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

I'll. . .roll a 7-sided die

Why give yourself up to the grace of the RNG, when you can join our lord and saviour, our hope and ray in the darkness, our lodestar, our Hero-King?

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Why give yourself up to the grace of the RNG, when you can join our lord and saviour, our hope and ray in the darkness, our lodestar, our Hero-King?

Because it's a bunch of cute guys. :P:

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

But Maaaaaaaaaaars.

. . .is wearing pants. :P:

'sides, I don't have him at 5*, and I'm a wee bit short on feathers.  I hope this gauntlet fixes that!

It wouldn't be so bad except he's up against Hardin.  Way back when he was on the banner, he was the unit I wanted off of it, and he showed up, +Spd to boot.  I can't turn my back on that!

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

. . .is wearing pants. :P:

If Heroes survives to FE1’s 30th anniversary, they absolutely must make a Pantsless Marth alt. Basic decency demands it.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

If Heroes survives to FE1’s 30th anniversary, they absolutely must make a Pantsless Marth alt. Basic decency demands it.

HELL.  YES.  And he must be accompanied by pantsless Gordin! :P:

Now, for a breakdown on the units:

Marth - The ever-so-modest-and-kind Hero King, main character of my favorite FE realm, who needs feathers for his promotion.  I have one good to go, at +Atk.  But he's up against Hardin, which is a problem because. . .
Hardin - . . .I pulled Hardin as +Spd/-Def, which works amazingly well on him.  But he's up against Marth. . .ugh. . .

Ephraim - I preferred him to Eir, because he was a pretty good combat unit.  I also managed to pull mine randomly, and he's served me well.
Lyon - This should be Ephraim route Lyon, who I think is infinitely cooler than Eirika route Lyon.  He's my dedicated bowkiller, but I don't want either of these guys to fight. . .

Sigurd - Look up the word "overpowered", and you'll see his mug next to the definition.  I also pulled him on his banner, as +Atk to boot.  No way I'm gonna fight against him.
Alvis - . . .but he DID give Sigurd the Silver Sword, which is the root of many shenanigans.

Ike - I never pulled the guy.  But he's a freebie, so everyone has him.  I think he'll have the biggest team.
Zelgius - The good news is that I pulled him off of his banner.  The bad news is that he's -Atk.  Still, this feels like feather mercenary move, since I doubt Ike will lose against him.

See the problem?

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

See the problem?

Don’t see no problem. Joining Marth is always a correct choice ?

Who knows when else he will get the chance?

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Don’t see no problem. Joining Marth is always a correct choice ?

Who knows when else he will get the chance?

I'm sure he'll show up again~!

But someone like Lyon?  That could be a while. . .

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

I'm sure he'll show up again~!

After it took him this long to show up for the first time? After it took him this long to get an alt, and a free, basically unmergeable to boot? Yeah, I wouldn’t really count on that.

57 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Still, this feels like feather mercenary move, since I doubt Ike will lose against him.

To be fair, underdogs have a decent chance to pull through as well due to how these things tend to go. For me I just pick the characters I like and hope for the best.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

After it took him this long to show up for the first time? After it took him this long to get an alt, and a free, basically unmergeable to boot? Yeah, I wouldn’t really count on that.

Vax, you mah guy and all, buuuuut there is the inevitable CYL gauntlet. Js

4 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Marth isn’t getting a CYL alt.

Got what you meant. Still doesn’t invalidate my point entirely.

Edited by Vaximillian

54 minutes ago, Motendra said:

In before IS completely ignores that he came second overall if you add both versions.

...I'm holding out hope that that picture on the results page means something. Please IS, give us a sign!

30 minutes ago, Lau said:

..I'm holding out hope that that picture on the results page means something. Please IS, give us a sign!

It better mean something! Otherwise that would be quite a dick move.

I just wish the people complaining about Marth would stop it. It’s getting rather annoying, since he isn’t that special.

Anyways, I’m actually trying to decide which team to go for. Arvis, Hardin, Sigurd, Zelgius, Ephriam, and Lyon are who I’m trying to decide from