• Hardin, Dark Emperor
    • Sigurd, Holy Knight
    • Arvis, Emperor of Flame
    • Ephraim, Legendary Lord
    • Lyon, Shadow Prince
    • Ike, Vanguard Legend
    • Zelgius, Jet-Black General

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/08/2018 at 04:11 AM

10 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I just wish the people complaining about Marth would stop it. It’s getting rather annoying, since he isn’t that special.

Anyways, I’m actually trying to decide which team to go for. Arvis, Hardin, Sigurd, Zelgius, Ephriam, and Lyon are who I’m trying to decide from

Well, he's wearing pants.  His original art had him without pants.  That's more than enough reason to complain. :P:

As he's part of this gauntlet, and he's been sidelined A LOT (especially given the CYL results), the complaints are relevant.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

Well, he's wearing pants.  His original art had him without pants.  That's more than enough reason to complain. :P:

As he's part of this gauntlet, and he's been sidelined A LOT (especially given the CYL results), the complaints are relevant.

Marth still has a lot to fall back on.

Namely being playable in Smash Bros.

Edited by Zangetsu

20 hours ago, Alkaid said:

I think a lot of players still just treat VGs as a popularity contest first and foremost and pick their favorites.

I guess that is true, especially among casual players and the majority are casual.  

3 hours ago, Poimagic said:

I just wish the people complaining about Marth would stop it. It’s getting rather annoying, since he isn’t that special.

Anyways, I’m actually trying to decide which team to go for. Arvis, Hardin, Sigurd, Zelgius, Ephriam, and Lyon are who I’m trying to decide from

I mean Marth did get screwed as far as CYL voting since they split his votes.  

So, I'm up for choosing.

So, Sigurd, Arvis, L'Ephraim or Lyon? Don't have three of the others and I don't particularly have much of an opinion on Ike (Still not played Tellius)

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

So, I'm up for choosing.

So, Sigurd, Arvis, L'Ephraim or Lyon? Don't have three of the others and I don't particularly have much of an opinion on Ike (Still not played Tellius)

You should totally join team Lyon. Just saying.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

So, I'm up for choosing.

Choose Lyon, he's a better antagonist than Arvis.

Edited by Zangetsu

@Dayni Nah, forget Lyon and Ephraim too for that matter. Jugdral deserves your support way more than overrated Magvel.

5 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Choose Lyon, he's the better antagonist than Arvis.

Heh, yeah that's a good one.

35 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Choose Lyon, he's a better antagonist than Arvis.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha…sorry, I couldn’t help it.

Enjoy your weeklong dose of chaos theory. For a basically random process that produces a winner, I'll play Mario Party, it's more fun. Now if only I could edit that kinda well known "Luigi does nothing and wins" clip for FEH.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Heh, yeah that's a good one.

It's Blackmailed By Manfroy Thinking There Would Ultimately Be Good vs. Subtly Manipulated By Formortiis Thinking It Would End In Good. What difference does it make? Pawns are both of them I say, both with catastrophic consequences.

(Since it's Eph vs. Lyon, I'm assuming it's Ephraim's Lyon, and not the super pity magnet of Eirika Lyon. The greater agency and more nuanced manipulation of Ephyon makes me like him more.)

Hardin just was just straight up possessed by Gharnef and the Darksphere. Whilst all the bad guys here are just pawns, only Zelgius willingly entered and without hesitation to the moment he died accepted being the tool of a greater villain.

And who would I choose if bothered to play? Well Ephraim is a no. Marth is vintage FE, but he has aged in bottle and not a cask, meaning his flavor has not improved at all. Ike, well if maybe if Reyson or Ranulf were besides him I could be persuaded, but otherwise he is rather dull in a different way from Marth. Sigurd I can't judge as I've not played FE4. And as the villains DEH- I haven't played FE3/12, so can't judge, same for Arvis. Which leaves just Lyon and Zelgius. Either Two Inconsistent Faces of Evil, or the victim of a 12th and 13th hour botched character assassination.

Of them, well the Tellibias of mine shall swing towards the Earl of Kadohl.

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's Blackmailed By Manfroy Thinking There Would Ultimately Be Good vs. Subtly Manipulated By Formortiis Thinking It Would End In Good. What difference does it make? Pawns are both of them I say, both with catastrophic consequences.

Except I'm pretty sure Arvis's life would've been over figuratively, if not literally, if that little tidbit that Manfroy knows about him were to become public knowledge so Arvis really didn't have much of a choice. Lyon, meanwhile, willingly choose to risk apocalypse in messing with the sealed Demon King just so that he could save a singular kingdom: his own. I fail to see how he can be a sympathetic villain with that in mind, but that's just my opinion.

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Lyon, meanwhile, willingly choose to risk apocalypse in messing with the sealed Demon King just so that he could save a singular kingdom: his own. I fail to see how he can be a sympathetic villain with that in mind, but that's just my opinion.

I was just in the mood for general character denigration of everyone in the VG. Casting everyone in a negative-ish light without going crazy with it. 

You do have a point though.

You know, I have to do. I’m joining team Lyon to help the best villain.

FC is 6980436612 and my Lead is PA!Azura. She is the TA kind, so I hope she helps you deal with blues you might encounter. 

Screw it, I am in favor of the Melee Veteran and giving him fair representation in the game series he helped promote to western audiences.

Marth siders, my FC is 5177973547, and my ally for you is the same as last voting gauntlet.

kfr16vG.png

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Except I'm pretty sure Arvis's life would've been over figuratively, if not literally, if that little tidbit that Manfroy knows about him were to become public knowledge so Arvis really didn't have much of a choice. Lyon, meanwhile, willingly choose to risk apocalypse in messing with the sealed Demon King just so that he could save a singular kingdom: his own. I fail to see how he can be a sympathetic villain with that in mind, but that's just my opinion.

How is Arvis in any way shape or form more sympathetic than Lyon? Arvis is willing to reluctantly cooperate with Manfroy to save his own skin. Lyon is willing to reluctantly cooperate with the Demon King to save his own country. Arvis is inherently more selfish than Lyon. Arvis killing Sigurd was in no way shape or form justified whereas all the evil stuff Lyon does is because his mind has been corrupted by that point. Not saying Lyon is a better villain than Arvis though. Possessed villains aren't as great as villains with more agency. 

5 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Lyon is willing to reluctantly cooperate with the Demon King to save his own country.

Yeah, only problem with that is that Grado, like the rest of Magvel, would've become a hell on earth if the Demon King won and had his way. So if we're going to be real here, Grado was going to get screwed regardless of what Lyon did. And how is Lyon trying to save his own kingdom at the potential cost of screwing over the rest of Magvel not selfish itself?

As I already said, I personally cannot find Lyon sympathetic because he knowingly was risking a way bigger problem (an end of the world disaster) just to solve a comparatively minor one (a single kingdom getting devastated).

omg I made a guess as to what the hot discussion would be as I was making my post from the first page and my guesses were whether Marth is worthy of a legendary/CYL/being the face of Fire Emblem or "Who's the better villain? Lyon or Arvis?"

Even with no female characters to trash on we're just running in circles here.

9 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, only problem with that is that Grado, like the rest of Magvel, would've become a hell on earth if the Demon King won and had his way. So if we're going to be real here, Grado was going to get screwed regardless of what Lyon did. And how is Lyon trying to save his own kingdom at the potential cost of screwing over the rest of Magvel not selfish itself?

As I already said, I personally cannot find Lyon sympathetic because he knowingly was risking a way bigger problem (an end of the world disaster) just to solve a comparatively minor one (a single kingdom getting devastated).

The Demon King winning is an if, not the end result Lyon wanted. That's like saying Eirika and Celica are not sympathetic because their actions almost triggered the apocalypse. If the Lopytr sect got its way, all of Jugdral would come to ruin so once again how does Arvis fare better exactly? 

When did I say Lyon trying to save his kingdom despite risking a calamity wasn't selfish? I said relative to Arvis, he's not as selfish in comparison. 

In that case, how the hell is Arvis sympathetic in the slightest if Lyon fails to be? 

Edited by Icelerate