• No
    • All men must wear skirts

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

I suppose men can answer too.

About the 3rd option.... it's a joke, right? :sweatdrop: ...well... let the girls have these options then... :):

About the pic, perhaps the first Fire Emblem settings initially planned to used the backgrounds those loosely based on the ancient Roman Empire, I think?

No, I don't even understand the opsession with him being pantless... Or the obsession of skirts... I hate skirts, they are uncomfortable,  why would I want the poor boys to suffer with one ?

2 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

No, I don't even understand the opsession with him being pantless... Or the obsession of skirts... I hate skirts, they are uncomfortable,  why would I want the poor boys to suffer with one ?

I'm all for equal opportunity.  Including equal opportunity suffering because of fashion.  Tee-hee~!

11 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I'm all for equal opportunity.  Including equal opportunity suffering because of fashion.  Tee-hee~!

Well if the characters are into it, then good, like Forrest. But is they aren't into it, I prefer them not to suffer

16 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

Because it is ridiculous, not by modern standards very manly, and oh so very retro bad design. It's funny and people wanting Pantsless Marth is more a joke than anything. 

Although I don't think Pantless Link has quite the same following as Pantless Marth, not sure why. Link was pantsless longer than Marth even. He was pantless in the original, gained tights in AoL, lost them in ALttP, kept them off in LA, and gained tights again in OoT- but only for Adult Link, Young Link's tunic being long enough, boys wearing shorts being the norm that, and the tunic thought enough to be like shorts that they decided he didn't need them. As a result MM Link is pantsless too, but being a kid makes him different. Oracle Link brought the white tights back. To stay true to the original, despite coming out after the pantsification of Link, the GBA port of ALttP kept the pants off.

Spoiler

67px-TLoZ_Link_Carrying_Treasures_Artwor73px-TAoL_Link_Artwork.png?version=c3bbc67px-Linkleapingdown.png?version=217f839120px-LA_Link_02.png?version=2d00ee9926687px-OoT_Child_Link_Artwork.png?version=91px-Link_Jump_Attack.png?version=b5deaa95px-MM_Link_2.png?version=4bdfdbb5d145c99px-Zelda_oracle_ages_conceptart_IqHYu.

File:Link resting.jpg

It wasn't until WW that Link finally got pants, and then Wild took them away again, if you want (I actually prefer him in the Desert Voe set over his underwear, it still shows flesh, good, but not as much, which is also good since the art style doesn't do showing too much of Link's flesh all that well, at least in the menu view). And yet who gets the retro pantsless version of themselves in a Warriors game? Link. And no, Marth in underwear isn't exactly the same!

By the way, Marth wasn't the only free to breath male in the early games. There were some other cases- some official artwork, mostly mages, and mostly youths by the same logic as Young Link. However, it does the manliest depiction of Gordin ever. It wasn't until FE6 males traded in full no exceptions impractical freedom for practical chains. Well Lucius doesn't wear pants in FE7, nor do some other magical males, but their attire is plenty restrictive as is. If the leg don't show, I don't count it.

Spoiler

MerricGordinPage 54RyanPage 36asvel.jpgDewPage 71: Arthur & TinnyPage 79: Amid & LindaPage 32

Page 114Page 110

I had to wear a kilt for a Scottish wedding and it is the most comfortable thing ever.  If you have decent legs, the ladies appreciate it more. I suppose it's not really the same as a skirt though.

skirts are great and can be super comfortable wtf

i love skirts to the point where i don’t own any pants, and men should be able to, too

6 hours ago, SniperGYS said:

That really depends on the skirt.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Because it is ridiculous, not by modern standards very manly, and oh so very retro bad design. It's funny and people wanting Pantsless Marth is more a joke than anything. 

Although I don't think Pantless Link has quite the same following as Pantless Marth, not sure why. Link was pantsless longer than Marth even. He was pantless in the original, gained tights in AoL, lost them in ALttP, kept them off in LA, and gained tights again in OoT- but only for Adult Link, Young Link's tunic being long enough, boys wearing shorts being the norm that, and the tunic thought enough to be like shorts that they decided he didn't need them. As a result MM Link is pantsless too, but being a kid makes him different. Oracle Link brought the white tights back. To stay true to the original, despite coming out after the pantsification of Link, the GBA port of ALttP kept the pants off.

Reveal hidden contents

67px-TLoZ_Link_Carrying_Treasures_Artwor73px-TAoL_Link_Artwork.png?version=c3bbc67px-Linkleapingdown.png?version=217f839120px-LA_Link_02.png?version=2d00ee9926687px-OoT_Child_Link_Artwork.png?version=91px-Link_Jump_Attack.png?version=b5deaa95px-MM_Link_2.png?version=4bdfdbb5d145c99px-Zelda_oracle_ages_conceptart_IqHYu.

File:Link resting.jpg

It wasn't until WW that Link finally got pants, and then Wild took them away again, if you want (I actually prefer him in the Desert Voe set over his underwear, it still shows flesh, good, but not as much, which is also good since the art style doesn't do showing too much of Link's flesh all that well, at least in the menu view). And yet who gets the retro pantsless version of themselves in a Warriors game? Link. And no, Marth in underwear isn't exactly the same!

By the way, Marth wasn't the only free to breath male in the early games. There were some other cases- some official artwork, mostly mages, and mostly youths by the same logic as Young Link. However, it does the manliest depiction of Gordin ever. It wasn't until FE6 males traded in full no exceptions impractical freedom for practical chains. Well Lucius doesn't wear pants in FE7, nor do some other magical males, but their attire is plenty restrictive as is. If the leg don't show, I don't count it.

Reveal hidden contents

MerricGordinPage 54RyanPage 36asvel.jpgDewPage 71: Arthur & TinnyPage 79: Amid & LindaPage 32

Page 114Page 110

Wow, that's a really good break down of things. A comment far more serious than I ever expected to get on this thread. To answer the question though, I'd say nobody cares about pantsless Link is because it actually suits Link a lot more. People see pantsless Marth and it's not actually about the lack of pants, it's the overall ridiculous look with the outdated art style, massive  hair and strange expression. It comes from the same place as bad box art Megaman. That and Marth takes pantslessness to a bit more extreme levels than Link ever has. What he's packing must be pretty small to not poke out even a little bit.

1 hour ago, Dandy Druid said:

Thought this would be relevant. I didn't edit this btw. I think /u/snowflop on reddit did or something.

kelaaab939z01.png

Glorious.

8 hours ago, Excellen Browning said:

uhh... Where's his penis?

In his shorts.

He could be a grower, not a shower

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

He does have Aptitude on his Awakening Heroes of Yore einherjar. That is the perfect indicator of a growth character.

IT'S CANON NOW.

I refuse to believe everything else. It just makes sense.