Fire Emblem Three Houses

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'll agree that the art style may look generic, from what I've seen I wouldn't really rag on anything else, since Fire Emblem tends to be the epitome of generic when it comes to story and whatnot.

2 minutes ago, Harvey said:

I understand that its just a trailer and I get that its too early to say anything about it. But at the same time, first few glances don't give me characters with some charm in them. Heck, even Fates did this with Camilla.

I have to agree with this, I didn't see anyone who I feel like I am going to end up hating in some capacity, or care for at all (Barring the loli, but when discount tiki is the best you've got this may be sad), guess we'll just have to see, I personally am not diggin the designs too much, they don't seem to stand out much (for better or worse).

at least they didn't shove the backside of a man who probably doesn't bathe into our faces again.

1 minute ago, Frenzify said:

While I'll agree that the art style may look generic, from what I've seen I wouldn't really rag on anything else, since Fire Emblem tends to be the epitome of generic when it comes to story and whatnot.

I'd disagree there, but the definition of generic differs for many.

Edited by familyplayer

im was still half asleep.. so when it first revealed.. i thought i was watching Fire emblem Warriors 2..

Although i read "Three houses", i had Three kingdoms (Dynasty Warriors) in my head.. and especially when it showed a massive group of grunts supporting the characters.. 

Edited by JoeyW001

Hey, the subforum's been renamed!! This is really happening, huh? Also, RIP to the leaks thread. I really hope we could have kept that going on the side for rambles...

Anyway, Pokemon is up on Treehouse next. Hopefully they show off some Fire Emblem!

Good grief every FE style has been "generic"

The NES stuff was stock standard for the 80's

SNES was every 90's anime ever

The GBA and Radiant games stuck with the SNES style and refined it a bit, but overall that's actually the minority

3 minutes ago, kiaxxl said:

I'm really hoping the 2019 release date doesn't mean we're not getting any Treehouse footage :((

Well they said spring so its most probably going to be a treehouse thing.

• Female lord is certainly good thing. We need some decent one after that failure princess from echoes.
  • Physical tactician/avatar sound bad though, it didn't work before and I don't believe it will start work now. Hopefully they will at least try balance it more.
  • Generic units, is great idea imho. It something that was always missing in FE games. It should make look huge battles as... you know huge battles.
  • OP sounds very good, I can't judge translation, but melody is catchy and singer sound like she can sing.I
  • It certainly need more interesting characters, but there is no point complain about something that can't be judged from trailer from firs place
  • Durability is back. Hurray!
  • Art: Well guys didn't look interesting, but Eldegard looks nice, so there is still hopes.

1 minute ago, familyplayer said:

Until I see the full art, I'm not gonna comment too much on the art, but so far it looks so-so to me. Kinda generic too. The teacher is almost definitely the MU/Avatar. So far, they seem silent though so hopefully that means they aren't important to the story or anything, but the MC is talking to him and he's in battle, so that's not the best sign. Hopefully there isn't any forced children and marriage stuff. We'll have to wait and see.

I think that the teacher is someone else because of the "I will return here someday my teacher, promise me that you won't forget me" line.  

12 minutes ago, V1nceros said:

I litterally just create a new account to talk about my hype to people here. But what I am reading is people complaining about a name(???) so they think the game is bad(???)

Seems like I'm hanging with the wrong crowd, back to my friend circle I guess.

If you don't complain about every little details, you're not a real FE Fan.

Well, they couldn't make a new Advance Wars games, so they implemented it on FE. I'm totally fine with this.

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

Good grief every FE style has been "generic"

Whether they are generic or not, the characters always end up standing out. What character in this trailer stands out?

16 minutes ago, V1nceros said:

I litterally just create a new account to talk about my hype to people here. But what I am reading is people complaining about a name(???) so they think the game is bad(???)

Seems like I'm hanging with the wrong crowd, back to my friend circle I guess.

That's the FE community for you. Terrible and genuinely impossible to please. I for one think it looks like the most exciting FE game since Radiant Dawn.

Man, the lukewarm reception is killing it a bit for me. I was pretty excited for the new title, but I guess it may pay to be cautious after Awakening and Fates... // Still, I'm looking forward to the new Fire Emblem. There are no red flags up for me yet and I just want to know more.

I do wish we went back to Radiant Dawn / PoR style cutscenes, but I guess the new aesthetic starting with Awakening will become the norm.

19 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

fire emblem was always a generic anime RPG.

In my opinion, Kozaki and Hidari did not have a 'generic anime' style.

The trailer just... didn't do it for me. Fates was mysterious and impactful, this game was just... bland and generic? The game is completely washed out of color and saturated, none of the protagonists left any impressions on me. It also looks like they cut the budget on the cinematic area with how blocky and chunky each frame was rendered. The gameplay looks interesting, but I'm definitely not sold on the game yet. Maybe they'll show more during E3 Treehouse Live. 

2 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Whether they are generic or not, the characters always end up standing out. What character in this trailer stands out?

so far the only ones who stood out were the only ones that they put focus on.

god, I need more, I still feel like I'm in the dark, I appreciate the new direction, but I really don't know where this will go.