Fire Emblem Three Houses

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Sire said:

Man, the lukewarm reception is killing it a bit for me. I was pretty excited for the new title, but I guess it may pay to be cautious after Awakening and Fates... // Still, I'm looking forward to the new Fire Emblem. There are no red flags up for me yet and I just want to know more.

I do wish we went back to Radiant Dawn / PoR style cutscenes, but I guess the new aesthetic starting with Awakening will become the norm.

I think that some people feel lukewarm because after how long we've waited to see something we didn't really get a lot. It's like Harvey said in this thread, this trailer didn't really stand out. Even Fates (a game I dislike) got me more excited. 

Anyway, I can get why people aren't really feeling the trailer. After watching it again, it was really kind of flat. The hype comes from the fact that it's a new main Fire Emblem game, but the trailer itself was pretty underwhelming. Personally, I'm hyped anyway, but I completely understand why others may not be, after that trailer.

2 minutes ago, FuranSuwa said:

I did a chart with all the characters I could see from the trailer :

Hide contents

FE3H_analysis.thumb.png.395d641b9c7ccc04620fd602ca4f876d.png

I'm not gonna lie here, I don't see a single face here that I can appreciate, now that it is in front of me, I just don't like the style, they eyes just look off to me.

I will give points to uncle pennybags though, that's great, I really can't think of any playable fire emblem characters who have really noticeable facial hair.

NB4 mustache is his personality

New details and screenshots: https://gematsu.com/2018/06/fire-emblem-three-houses-announced-for-swich

Of note, there are three lords: Edelgard, Dimitri and Claude. Claude is in the trailer, I think Dimitri is in there for a split second, but I'm mostly worried that Edelgard will go the way of Lyn, being the first Lord of the game but pointless once the important stuff starts.

I don't see the supposed genericness. It looks more subdued than Kozaki for sure, but Edelgard and the teacher look like they fit right in with past FE lords. 

I said I would be skeptical but the more I think and rewatch the trailer the more excited I get. The story sounds intriguing and the world is better defined already than in recent games. I hope this impresses.

9 minutes ago, Etheus said:

That's the FE community for you. Terrible and genuinely impossible to please. I for one think it looks like the most exciting FE game since Radiant Dawn.

Well thank you for explaining that, as someone who love the franchise for 11 years and thought people who like such obscure game which require so much brain power to play would be nice and collected unlike MOBA fan. Guess I was wrong.

I am seeing better, more sensible reaction on reddit so I am going over there.

Good bye everyone and good luck.

At least Pair Up appears to be dead?

I like the idea of the formations/armies. I like that weapon durability is back. I'm curious about magic being usable by everyone/arts returning instead of RNG activation. 

But otherwise we just know so little right now its hard to be hyped up. But at least it appears to be not following the Awakening/Fates formula. The tradition of "change a significant amount of things after 2 FE games" has continued. 

I'm wondering if the "magic" action is really related to magic as we know it. Anyway, here's what I could gather:

- Fighting enemies with friendly portraits, 2 sides conflict?
- Bows have 1-2 range at least(Hilda can counter Byleth's close range attack)
- Squads
- Durability is back
- Roaming
- Barracks serve to train weapon skills?
- Weapon equipped appears on the minimap
- Enemy aggro is visible through links and portraits above enemy squads(can't find the portrait part anymore, might have been me getting confused)
- Terrain seems more complex maybe?
- New stats, End and Rsl
- Combat arts are back from Echoes(?)

Edelgard: Female footsie, can use axes and swords
Dimitri: Male footsie, can use lances
Claude: Male archer
Byleth: Male, can use swords, controllable during roaming(avatar?)
Female mage
Second male archer(visible shortly), priest?

ENEMY:
Mercedes: Female, can use swords, looks like a sister
Hilda: Female archer
Unnamed male 1, 2 and 3. Mage, priest(with bows?) and lance user?
4th unnamed character, uses swords, visible on the map(could be a generic)

Edited by Cysx

The squad combat is intriguing. Will it be a cosmetic feature, or will it carry actual gameplay implications? Only time will tell, but I'm sure this is gonna be a focal point in future trailers.

Also speaking of which I didn't see pair-up in the gameplay footage at all... does this mean it's gone, or will we see it later? Squad cooperation might replace it in a way but we'll need more details.

10 minutes ago, FuranSuwa said:

I did a chart with all the characters I could see from the trailer :

Reveal hidden contents

FE3H_analysis.thumb.png.395d641b9c7ccc04620fd602ca4f876d.png

I honestly laughed at "Important lady" because she looks so like the typical Fire Emblem character that will die early on for emotional impact, and character motivation. If she doesn't die I will honestly be shocked.

2 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

At least Pair Up appears to be dead?

I like the idea of the formations/armies. I like that weapon durability is back. I'm curious about magic being usable by everyone/arts returning instead of RNG activation. 

But otherwise we just know so little right now its hard to be hyped up. But at least it appears to be not following the Awakening/Fates formula. The tradition of "change a significant amount of things after 2 FE games" has continued. 

Dual Strikes are back, so I wouldn't be so sure.

If anything, having mixed masses of generic units would look more impressive.

I kinda feel like I'm watching one of those "protag get in a new fantasy world" cheap anime...Not really enjoying it. I'm not digging the outfits designs nor the greyish tone.

But there is still a lot of time to change that. Plus I feel like going from half-bodies to just portraits for the conversations is a very bad downgrade...

Not gonna lie, I'm a little disappointed for the moment...

I liked it. This feels like that RD (or was it PoR?) prototype thing where we could walk around and do some other stuff. 

While the generics make it seem a bit too busy, I feel that those give a better glimpse that we're fighting in a war and not only in 1 vs 1 contained battles. 

The graphics look like Persona, which I find pretty good. I don't know why people are saying it's generic when those eyes alone are quite unique compared to a ton of anime games (and anime in general). Then again, I can understand why some would be turned off by that style. 

This game also seems to be taking a stronger approach towards the RPG side. I'm quite excited for that! I hope we can explore the different kingdoms and talk with the common folk and maybe having to visit the shops instead of just having them by a button press Hate me for this but I love to explore stuff

Finally, the gameplay seems very different. I can't think of a game to compare it to right now but outside of the basic stuff like WT it really feels like it'll play completely different with the formation stuff and having to take down the faceless mooks instead of doing 1 vs 1 combat like in the other games.

All in all, I really like what I saw. The trailer may not have been as hype as the Fates one but this one already shows to have better worldbuilding so for now I give it a pass although the song was pretty bad imo

Looks great! I'm looking forward to seeing more in-depth gameplay. Glad it got delayed; the longer the wait the better the game will turn out to be.

3 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

I honestly laughed at "Important lady" because she looks so like the typical Fire Emblem character that will die early on for emotional impact, and character motivation. If she doesn't die I will honestly be shocked.

Her death is an equation:

(personality + importance) - (wafiu*sqrt(otaku))=% chance of death

Hmmm I thought that the trailer looked alright. Admittedly I'm not as hyped as I thought I'd be, but I don't think it looks bad by any means. I like the artsytle so far (Although people complained it look too much like Atlus'? Is that a bad thing or something lol?). I think my only concern is the whole "squad" thing. It looks like it'll just add a bunch of clutter, so hopefully it's not in every chapter. Plus with the direction they're going with the 3D models, I think having a bunch on screen will make it look kind of ugly tbh.

Edelgard looks cool though, and it seems that there'll be an avatar? Kinda looks like there'll be one @teal-haired-dude (Which I don't mind. I guess we'll just have to see how it goes story-wise)

EDIT: Okay but like, for those couple of people saying that the game looks "trash", I'd hold off on that for now, I mean, we've only been shown a single 2-minute trailer that showed barely anything. Also I don't think that the English Lyrics from the song sounded forced or bad? Idk why that was thought.

Edited by SuperIb

5 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

The graphics look like Persona, which I find pretty good. I don't know why people are saying it's generic when those eyes alone are quite unique compared to a ton of anime games (and anime in general). Then again, I can understand why some would be turned off by that style. 

My friend found out that the reason is due to the artist for this game is the same artist for Persona 3-5.