Fire Emblem Three Houses

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

My friend found out that the reason is due to the artist for this game is the same artist for Persona 3-5.

Soejima? Really?

Isn't he on RE Fantasy?

Ok, wait, is THIS RE Fantasy? Or is this a major conflict of interest?

Edited by dragonlordsd

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This trailer is actually amazing. It what we've finally been waiting for! The only thing that really bothers me is that everyone has this mini army around them, but I'm sure it will grow on me. No real complaints from me, I'm really happy that we finally got an announcement! I think the artstyle looks really pretty and clean. Idk what everyone else means when they say they dislike it. 

1 minute ago, dragonlordsd said:

Soejima? Really?

Isn't he on RE Fantasy?

Ok, wait, is THIS RE Fantasy? Or is this a major conflict of interest?

I dunno. My friend says this might be the artist. But this could actually indicate the usage of the colors. Always felt that Persona at times had a case of colors being sometimes used in a gloomy way.

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

My friend found out that the reason is due to the artist for this game is the same artist for Persona 3-5.

It's not the Persona artist. It's Kurahana Chinatsu. They've designed characters for "uta no prince-sama"

10 minutes ago, V1nceros said:

Well thank you for explaining that, as someone who love the franchise for 11 years and thought people who like such obscure game which require so much brain power to play would be nice and collected unlike MOBA fan. Guess I was wrong.

I am seeing better, more sensible reaction on reddit so I am going over there.

Good bye everyone and good luck.

The thing about FE is that it's a diverse series in which no two games are truly alike. IS takes big risks and innovates a lot from game to game. With such variety comes mixed opinions. You can tell a lot about someone on these forums by which game they've chosen as their favorite.

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

It's not the Persona artist. It's Kurahana Chinatsu. They've designed characters for "uta no prince-sama"

No, Soejima is the Persona artist.

Chinatsu has never worked for that studio internally.

Edit: whoops, misread. Thought you wrote "that's not the persona artist."

Edited by dragonlordsd

No, Soejima is the Persona artist.

Chinatsu has never worked for that studio internally.

??? I mean the character designer for Three Houses

Visually speaking, it's grey. Like, there's a lack of colors but that may be just me.

There is also a lot of stuff to do in combat (Magic though Edelgard seems to only wield Swords and Axes, Combat Arts and even Formation). 

I also see some kind of an aggro system. 

I want to see more and this FE still have a lot of time to show off.

Just now, silveraura25 said:

??? I mean the character designer for Three Houses

Yup, yup, misread your comment, my bad.

Yeah, you're right, I think it's her.

And for further clarification, she has NEVER worked for Atlus. So there is no connection on that end.

18 minutes ago, Florete said:

I think Edelgard is voiced by Cristina Vee.

She is. Here's confirmation:

I'm particularly fond of Ms. Vee so I'm glad that she gets to voice a main character.

1 minute ago, Jingle Jangle said:

While I'm not a fan of their portraits I really do like the way they look here. The female lord has some really nice looking clothes. And speaking of her clothes, whenever you see a character in a JRPG game with clothes like that they 80% of the time belong to the empire. Wouldn't it be cool if we were on the side of the empire for once and actually fought for them? At least I would love that.

From what it sounds like, we're at war against the religion. 

A brand-new Fire Emblem game with a new story and characters is coming to Nintendo Switch. The game takes place on Fódlan, where the Church of Seiros exercises great power over the land and its people.

And Edelgard also talks about how the Goddess' crests are the reason for the suffering. Meaning that Edelgard is likely against the Church.

Personally, I think the art looks a little flat. Reminds me a bit of FE: Warriors, in which I do think some of the overall menus and designs could do to be a bit more...detail. Like, the menus could look like parchment scrolls or whatever it's called for flavor. But, that's just personal opinion and observation; it doesn't necessarily detract from the overall image.

I do get Avatar vibes from that one guy. But, since I have a neutral-good opinion of avatar in general, I don't particularly mind. Just gonna have to wait and see how it's implemented - if it's even there to begin with.

Three houses? Will battles have three armies in them now? Reminds me of Samurai Warriors where a third yellow army could crash in on others' battles. I also like that there are platoons now; makes it feel more fleshed out now.

Overall, I'm tentatively excited. I'm generally optimistic when it comes to things, so that we finally a general date is enough to lift my spirits.

Edited by saisymbolic

And Edelgard also talks about how the Goddess' crests are the reason for the suffering. Meaning that Edelgard is likely against the Church.

Oh, not this crap again.

I mean, seriously, political intrigue is way more interesting to read. Genealogy's plot was good because it stuck to people fighting other people, and didn't constantly rely on deus ex machina.

(Just me speculating)

Those crests probably have some kind of magical effect on the people but because of how religious they are they don't believe that there's an issue with them. 

looking at the characters closer I figured out what I don't like, the primary color used in their designs is black, the dark colors don't look good on much, it's one of the problems that I had with nohr, their liberal use of black was too dreary and made everything look depressing.

off that topic the dragons in that one artwork looked nice, I really hope for some manaketes to show up at some point.

Looks pretty bad to me,to be honest.

ESPECIALLY those generic no name mooks,standing around doing nothing,looking all the same with their 20 polygons-count model.

Echoes pushed the weak 3ds hardware to its limits,managing to become a small gem with fantastic animations/models and art direction.And then there's this Switch game.

A dumpster fire.

Oh, not this crap again.

I mean, seriously, political intrigue is way more interesting to read. Genealogy's plot was good because it stuck to people fighting other people, and didn't constantly rely on deus ex machina.

...you did see the Tiki knockoff on the throne at the end, right?

I'm excited for Three Houses. There's a few changes I'm interested in.

- Skills, mainly how they're tied to weapons now and not classes

- Battle system; they changed how you can see enemy ranges and renamed a few stats. Also it looks like non-mage classes can use magic now? Looks like it'll be something like Final Fantasy. New classes too though the only one I can find is Aristocrat but that might not be the only one. The viewpoint now changes to the actual battlefield? It reminds me of Dynasty Warriors.

- World, it looks explorable now? Like you can actually move around the locations and explore.

Still not sure why they're sticking with this art style for cinematics. It just looks jarring and choppy.

Edited by Ashpho

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I hope that the game does not the whole "church/ religion of evil" or that an interesting spin on it. That plot point is in too many other JRPGs