Fire Emblem Three Houses

1 minute ago, Gocciole said:

Looks pretty bad to me,to be honest.

ESPECIALLY those generic no name mooks,standing around doing nothing,looking all the same with their 20 polygons-count model.

Echoes pushed the weak 3ds hardware to its limits,managing to become a small gem with fantastic animations/models and art direction.And then there's this Switch game.

A dumpster fire.

A bit over a minute of a game not even coming out this year and it's a dumpster fire? Are you trolling? 

Edited by kiaxxl

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Gocciole said:

Looks pretty bad to me,to be honest.

ESPECIALLY those generic no name mooks,standing around doing nothing,looking all the same with their 20 polygons-count model.

Echoes pushed the weak 3ds hardware to its limits,managing to become a small gem with fantastic animations/models and art direction.And then there's this Switch game.

A dumpster fire.

Echoes was a mediocre at best game held up only by good story and artwork. Gaiden's map design was a complete shit show, and that was not improved with the remake.

Edited by Etheus

1 minute ago, dragonlordsd said:

Oh, not this crap again.

I mean, seriously, political intrigue is way more interesting to read. Genealogy's plot was good because it stuck to people fighting other people, and didn't constantly rely on deus ex machina.

2 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

(Just me speculating)

Those crests probably have some kind of magical effect on the people but because of how religious they are they don't believe that there's an issue with them. 

1 minute ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I hope that the game does not the whole "church/ religion of evil" or that an interesting spin on it. That plot point is in too many other JRPGs

The trailer begins by talking about the goddess. And Genealogy is also against religion, just against the eviler one. 

Tellius is the case of having the misunderstood religion. 

But here so far, we have one religion that functions as the main, and the things the Church and these crests are doing is wrong. 

I am IN LOVE (and able to finally get into this account again)

THE MUSIC

THE GAMEPLAY

THE CHARACTER DESIGNS

Also we have Mercades (who sadly isn't a car :P), Hilda and Byleth 

Just now, Etheus said:

Echoes was a mediocre at best game held back by good story and artwork. Gaiden's map design was a complete shit show, and that was not improved with the remake.

As usual we have the "edge-off" where two children try to see who can be edgier by randomly insulting things.

Also, you mean, it was "enhanced" by good story and artwork.

Positive traits don't "hold back" things.

28 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

I think that some people feel lukewarm because after how long we've waited to see something we didn't really get a lot. It's like Harvey said in this thread, this trailer didn't really stand out. Even Fates (a game I dislike) got me more excited. 

Eh, maybe it's because I didn't lurk around in this subforum waiting for leaks.

I guess one of the reasons I'm liking the new installment is because it reminds me a lot of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, which I absolutely loved. I also see some aspects of Shadows of Valentia in there which I also like. The music was also all right.

The rest of the stuff (artwork, story, and characters) I need more information before forming an opinion. Right now I'm having a positive outlook.

I'm not liking Dimitri's art. That mop of a hair. Jeez
For, Claude I'm waiting to see his personality as his art screams womanizer

3 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

As usual we have the "edge-off" where two children try to see who can be edgier by randomly insulting things.

Also, you mean, it was "enhanced" by good story and artwork.

Positive traits don't "hold back" things.

Yes that was a typo, which was already corrected.

But I stand by my statement. Echoes, to me, was the blandest FE in years. Map designs are the most important aspect of a FE game, and Echoes doesn't have map design so much as open plains with enemies haphazardly strewn about.

Edited by Etheus

2 minutes ago, Sire said:

I guess one of the reasons I'm liking the new installment is because it reminds me a lot of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, which I absolutely loved. I also see some aspects of Shadows of Valentia in there which I also like. The music was also all right.

The rest of the stuff (artwork, story, and characters) I need more information before forming an opinion. Right now I'm having a positive outlook.

Agreed. We know far to little to make any real judgments, and the game isn't out until next year.

1 minute ago, kiaxxl said:

A bit over a minute of a game not even coming out this year and it's a dumpster fire? Are you trolling? 

No? those are just my first impressions from the trailer.

For all we know this could be an amazing game with 10/10 gameplay and incredible story etc.,but visually speaking this is incredibly disappointing.For me.

Especially after IS has spent plenty of years working and practicing on their 3D works.What could be justified for PoR back in 2005 can't be done in 2018.

Just now, Sire said:

PoR, RD and SoV are also FE games I liked a lot so I can see what you're saying. I'm still interested in FE16 that's for sure.

I've had kind of mixed feelings about the streamlined gameplay FE has had in comparison to other tactical RPGs. The formation mechanics look to add a bit of variety-spice, so I guess I'm excited about Fire Emblem gameplay again!  Things like the immersiveness and grand-scale RPG, storytelling, production values, and great user experience are all there. If it's like Echoes++ on the experience side, I'm going to be extremely happy.

I'm craving the song in the trailer in a way I haven't had trailer song cravings since BotW :lol:

41 minutes ago, lecongvu said:

I suddenly have this strange epiphany that the degree of enjoyment the Fire Emblem fans have with Three Houses would be propotional with the enjoyment of isometric turn-based strategy like FF Tactics.

What if I'm lukewarm on Advance Wars, dislike FFT, like FFTA and FFTA2, and thought Pokemon Conquest was funny? :P:

In other words, it's more than the genre, since my dislike of FFT is due to some game-specific mechanics and the overall story.

35 minutes ago, JoeyW001 said:

im was still half asleep.. so when it first revealed.. i thought i was watching Fire emblem Warriors 2..

Although i read "Three houses", i had Three kingdoms (Dynasty Warriors) in my head.. and especially when it showed a massive group of grunts supporting the characters.. 

Reading my mind is a bannable offense :P:

The generics and the art style are vaguely reminiscent of Warriors!

28 minutes ago, Sire said:

Man, the lukewarm reception is killing it a bit for me. I was pretty excited for the new title, but I guess it may pay to be cautious after Awakening and Fates... // Still, I'm looking forward to the new Fire Emblem. There are no red flags up for me yet and I just want to know more.

I do wish we went back to Radiant Dawn / PoR style cutscenes, but I guess the new aesthetic starting with Awakening will become the norm.

My guess is that people built up some pretty lofty expectations between the reveal of the Switch game and now.  When you put your expectations that high, of course they're going to come crashing down when the actual game is revealed.

27 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Guys I really think you should wait till we know more before calling it trash.

What is this logic and reason doing in this thread? :P:

18 minutes ago, V1nceros said:

Well thank you for explaining that, as someone who love the franchise for 11 years and thought people who like such obscure game which require so much brain power to play would be nice and collected unlike MOBA fan. Guess I was wrong.

I am seeing better, more sensible reaction on reddit so I am going over there.

Good bye everyone and good luck.

Try bitching about the FE reddit community on reddit, and see how well it's taken.

But I don't expect you to come back.  On the off chance that you do, please note that one of the fast-tracks to pissing me off is hyperbole.

10 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Hmm...I wonder if this game can be beaten in 0% growths run...

Let's wait and see, shall we?

---

So, take Warriors-style generics fighting (which I like because this is a war), shove it into an interface that gives me serious Tellius vibes, and add weapon durability back in.  Part of me thinks that this might be grounds for re-releasing Tellius. . .but that's something only time will tell.  The dude in black reminds me of an edgier Ephraim, appearance-wise.  Edel vaguely reminds me of Micaiah.  I'll wait for more info, but it looks intriguing (especially Carlos).

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

Yes that was a typo, which was already corrected.

But I stand by my statement. Echoes, to me, was the blandest FE in years. Map designs are the most important aspect of a FE game, and Echoes doesn't have map design so much as an open plain with enemies haphazardly strewn about.

Fair enough. If that is what you value most in the game, I can't disagree with you there.

I'm looking forward to it. I like the three characters shown so far - at least their designs. I'm hoping that classes remain open to both genders (more male pegasus knights and female berserkers! :D ), but that'll be known much later, while the sleeping loli-manakete did not fill me with glee. I was hoping they'd finally move away from that. The rest intrigues me, though. 

1 minute ago, Sire said:

It's probably best that you didn't look, to be honest.

It's a bit funny, but I just watched a video talking about long wait times for projects, the reasons behind them and how it can make fans go from excited to angry and then bored. The latter seems to have happened to some that have stuck around since the beginning of the FESwitch speculation, and it might be an element of the overall lukewarm reception.

It's a shame, too. I was looking forward to more positivity, but I can't fault people for those opinions or how they feel.

8 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I hope that the game does not the whole "church/ religion of evil" or that an interesting spin on it. That plot point is in too many other JRPGs

FE's never really been original, and all three of the 3DS games had shit writing.

It's going to be the church is evil and end off with killing god.

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

FE's never really been original, and all three of the 3DS games had shit writing.

Well, killing off an evil degenerated dragon who happens to have the label of 'god'....

2 minutes ago, Cardinal_Copia said:

As an aside does anyone else hope for more same sex S-supports in fact how well supports work in general with the new mook team ups

I don't want same sex S-supports if it's just for the sake of pandering. Like, if it's a few established gay/bi characters I'm cool with it, but if it's every character, then that's literally just pandering, and forced diversity.

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

Subjective opinion. I loved Awakening and thought it and the story was great. And Echoes was pretty great as well, just had issues on the basis of using an old game that seemed like not much effort was put into it in the longrun.