Fire Emblem Three Houses

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Went off of memory, sorry.  Claude.  Good to see some skin variety!

I'm wary of him. I'm kinda hoping he isn't a womanizer, but even if he is he can win me over with supports

So I noticed the revealed characters have similar clothing except their cloak is of a different color. You can tell by all of their names they're nobles, but I'm guessing the color of the cloak signifies the family which they belong to

Edited by silveraura25

I'm loving what we gotten so far. The character designs are already starting to grow on me and the battles look amazing. I don't mean aesthetically but the battles simply look like actual war fights. I do wish the colours weren't so muted but it does build atmosphere. The mechanics so far are compelling and add more depth(at least from what I can tell). Overall I'm very excited for this game and I don't mind the delay at all if it means they can patch up the frame rate.

2 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

I don't want same sex S-supports if it's just for the sake of pandering. Like, if it's a few established gay/bi characters I'm cool with it, but if it's every character, then that's literally just pandering, and forced diversity.

I honestly wouldn't see the problem with that if the supports are decent. It would be purely optional and the representation was absolutely atrocious during Fates. Of course having ALL characters be bi would be a bit ridiculous but a good chunk of them would be nice. Or maybe I'm just letting my wishes cloud my judgement,

I'm satisfied with what was shown! It isn't much but I'm smitten already. I love how Claude and Eldegard look already <3

From the names alone, I get a Germany vibe. I'm interested in how they are gonna take inspiration from the country.

It seems like the game revolves around what Eldegard described as the Crests of the goddess, which bring war and death upon the land rather than unify its houses and people. Veeerrryyyy curious as to how the plot will go. In any case, it doesn't seem as messy as Fates was, which is a good first impression I would say!

So the assumed lords seem to be able to wield the following weapons:

Edelgard = swords and axes

Dimitri = lances

Claude = bows

That's very interesting. I hope those are canon weapons and not completely interchangeable. I like the variety, although I'd like to see some magic representation as well.

1 minute ago, ChickenBits said:

I honestly wouldn't see the problem with that if the supports are decent. It would be purely optional and the representation was absolutely atrocious during Fates. Of course having ALL characters be bi would be a bit ridiculous but a good chunk of them would be nice. Or maybe I'm just letting my wishes cloud my judgement,

Agreed but having every character being bi wouldn't be bad seeing as it would allow for people who are gay to have more options rather than just the token gay who they might not like 

8 minutes ago, Cardinal_Copia said:

As an aside does anyone else hope for more same sex S-supports in fact how well supports work in general with the new mook team ups

How about "no", because I want to see what the game is about first.  Whatever happens in regards to supports should make sense within the setting.

7 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

It's probably best that you didn't look, to be honest.

It's a bit funny, but I just watched a video talking about long wait times for projects, the reasons behind them and how it can make fans go from excited to angry and then bored. The latter seems to have happened to some that have stuck around since the beginning of the FESwitch speculation, and it might be an element of the overall lukewarm reception.

It's a shame, too. I was looking forward to more positivity, but I can't fault people for those opinions or how they feel.

Imagine you're going out on a blind date.  You know a few things about the guy (about your age, some similar interests), but the date is two months away.  Meanwhile, you really REALLY want this relationship to work, despite only knowing a bit about the guy.  So. . .you start to daydream.  Think about what he's like.  Maybe let your mind wander into "happily ever after" territory.

Once you get an idealized version of the guy in your mind, you actually meet him.  Since he's human, and most likely not a perfect match for the ideal you built up for yourself, he's probably going to seem disappointing in comparison.

That's what happens when people read too much into a short release trailer.  The reactions don't surprise me at all.

Oof. It's hard to defend the stories of Fire Emblem. I love Awakening to bits, but it's story is very lackluster. Fates revolved around the Mary/Gary Sue/Stu avatar, who could do no wrong. And Echoes was about a nobody village boy who was secretly actually super important, but before anyone even knew this he was made the leader of an army. Also, there are dragons to kill. Like, I don't wanna be a negative Nancy, but once the critique goggles are on, it's hard to swing the story as a positive point.

1 minute ago, EdeaCreamer said:

So do we have any confirmation on whether this will be a single main release with all three MCs' stories in it, or if it's going to be three different game releases?

Not yet. But I highly doubt they'll pull the Fates shit they did before.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

How about "no", because I want to see what the game is about first.  Whatever happens in regards to supports should make sense within the setting.

Imagine you're going out on a blind date.  You know a few things about the guy (about your age, some similar interests), but the date is two months away.  Meanwhile, you really REALLY want this relationship to work, despite only knowing a bit about the guy.  So. . .you start to daydream.  Think about what he's like.  Maybe let your mind wander into "happily ever after" territory.

Once you get an idealized version of the guy in your mind, you actually meet him.  Since he's human, and most likely not a perfect match for the ideal you built up for yourself, he's probably going to seem disappointing in comparison.

That's what happens when people read too much into a short release trailer.  The reactions don't surprise me at all.

That sounds pretty accurate.

Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn remake using this game engine would be pretty cool.  The cinematics doesn't do a whole lot for me so they could just skip those. Put it out as Fire Emblem Tellius series ultimate edition, or something like that. 

Game is still pretty far off so there's time to make tweaks to it. The UI could use some work. 

Edited by grinus

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Not yet. But I highly doubt they'll pull the Fates shit they did before.

Didn't Fates sell pretty damn well? As much as I also don't think they'd go down the Fates route again, I wouldn't be surprised, either, if they did, since it certainly wasn't a financial failure.

3 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:
6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Yeah that's valid but just hoping we get some in general

Edited by Cardinal_Copia
formatting

4 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

Oof. It's hard to defend the stories of Fire Emblem. I love Awakening to bits, but it's story is very lackluster. Fates revolved around the Mary/Gary Sue/Stu avatar, who could do no wrong. And Echoes was about a nobody village boy who was secretly actually super important, but before anyone even knew this he was made the leader of an army. Also, there are dragons to kill. Like, I don't wanna be a negative Nancy, but once the critique goggles are on, it's hard to swing the story as a positive point.

Awakening being a rushed game intended on invoking nostalgia and references, but honestly, the story itself can actually stand well on its own. If they ever were to remake it in the future, I feel they can put a lot more effort into it and make it fantastic.

Fates was sadly a case of trying to ride on Awakening's explosive popularity. 

And Echoes was more along the case of remaking a game that's considered the black sheep of the family. 

Didn't Fates sell pretty damn well? As much as I also don't think they'd go down the Fates route again, I wouldn't be surprised, either, if they did, since it certainly wasn't a financial failure.

IT did, but it was the stupidest move on their part, splitting the paths up. I doubt they'll go for something like that again. Least I hope they don't. 

To be fair, Echoes was a rerelease of Gaiden's story, which was written quite a while ago (in video game terms).

It's piss-easy to be negative about a story, especially since tropes will happen.  My idea of a good story is one that's driven by the characters - does the premise make sense, given each character's personality and motivations?  It's why I have a love-hate relationship with Tales of Berseria.  The characters make sense, but the villain does some pretty nonsensical things to make the premise fit.

1 minute ago, Cardinal_Copia said:

Yeah that's valid but just hoping we get some in general

I can't say what kind of game people built up in their minds.  But it would be impossible for IS to release a trailer to fit all of their ideals.  Someone's bound to be disappointed because their ideal isn't reality.

19 minutes ago, Cardinal_Copia said:

As an aside does anyone else hope for more same sex S-supports in fact how well supports work in general with the new mook team ups

I don't, but only because I don't want S-supports period.  At least not how they have been in 3DSFE.

3 minutes ago, Gah, norwegian supermodel said:

I dont know if someone notice but, the designes are less Fanservice than the ones in fates (At least with Eldegard ), and that for me is something interesting.

I know its nitpicking but i liked that

Yes, at least based on the things we've seen so far, which is actually a plus point for me even though I don't like the overall aesthetic of this game.

Is there any confirmation on the artist? I've only seen speculation in this thread and elsewhere. Looks like it could be Doi as well.

Given the 2d sprites next to the characters, anyone else think there may be a 2D strategic map mode?

4 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

I think you're not giving the stories enough credit.

In Fates, Conquest!Corrin was a sheltered fool who continually made terrible choices, wound up killing their family, dragged their best friend into a pointless war... I can't speak for Birthright since I haven't played it. Revelations makes their actions in Conquest even worse. Psychological weakness is still a flaw.

Clive's deferral of leadership to Alm was obviously contentious, and even Clive came to second-guess himself, but Alm still manages to grow his authority organically. It's not a fantastic story about leadership, no; and Celica's arc is more interesting, but I can't call it a bad one or one with bizarre or inexcusable holes.

I think people are unreasonably harsh on the stories of Fire Emblem. They're not the gold standard in the industry--they're obviously not Matsuno--but I personally can't frame the stories as a negative. I'm in this series for the production value, the stories, music, spectacle etc.