Fire Emblem Three Houses

1 minute ago, Vince777 said:

I'm having concerns about characters having squads of other soldiers on the map with them. I'm fine with it as it cuts to the battle scenes where it looks great but on the map, they just seem to clog the whole thing and it seems like it makes for a Fire Emblem where you control much less actual units. 

It's seems to be only for third person mode. The usual look from above doesn't seem to have that

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, lordcorrin said:

And I don't know why they can't just have nice, smooth cutscenes. Awakening and Fates did it. I don't see why its such a difficult feat to accomplish for a Switch game.

I'm holding out hope it was just a demo render. The game is still about nine months out, so they might be waiting to do full renders of the cinematics? There was no excuse for some of the choppy utscenes and the heavily (and poorly) compressed voiceovers in Valentia though...

Just now, HJHolon said:

I'm holding out hope it was just a demo render. The game is still about nine months out, so they might be waiting to do full renders of the cinematics? There was no excuse for some of the choppy utscenes and the heavily (and poorly) compressed voiceovers in Valentia though...

Yup, I agree. I'm hoping for this too. If I play Three Houses on my TV then there's absolutely no reason for it to look bad and choppy. You just can't justify that. If its a stylistic choice to have things go at 6FPS, then, well... its a bad stylistic choice. (Did they not get flak for how bad Echoes looked? Why would they do this again??? I just don't understand, haha)

I'm surprised anyone is shitting on this game. I think it looks excellent! The colors might be a bit washed out, but that's my only critique. I can't wait for this game!

2 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Fair enough not to judge a book by its cover but this isn’t some random 28 year old guy/gal, it’s Fire Emblem. With a series that is almost three decades old at this point there will inevitably be certain expectations in terms story and gameplay. Whether Three Houses lives up to those standards or not is yet to be seen.   

Person A imagines that the new FE will have Echoes' art style, the weapon system from Fates, FE12's support system, and kids a la Awakening.

Person B wants Jugdral-style maps and deployment, Tellius-style classes, the shards from FE12, and Elibe-style supports.

Person C wants Awakening's pair-up system, canto, no kids, and more cleavage.

It would be impossible to release a game that has all of this.

10 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

Of course they don't need to have specific traits or characteristics that say "Hey, btw I'm gay," but making every character a same sex option would honestly feel like overkill. It's just like I wouldn't need half of the characters to be black just so I could feel like I'm represented. I said it before, but a few characters would be fine, and the only reason I can see for having every character a same sex option is pandering. I can understand that there won't be as many options if you're gay, so I'd be fine with more than just the one option for each game that Fates offered, but I don't think making every character potentially bi is the way to go. Because although I can't think of any right now, what if characters showed some kind of romantic or sexual interest before the S support?

I don't know. Maybe in practice it wouldn't be an issue, but I just don't like when things look like clear pandering.

I think as a concept, it'd be worth the shot. Giving the player the freedom of pairing anyone they wanted, and having these characters well written and not flamboyant or stereotypical would be interesting to see. But I understand where you're coming from. It's a risky task to put in IS' hands especially. I might just be starved for video game representation. The next Assassin's Creed gave me a taste of what it could be like! 

I just hope they give us a handful of characters so that we don't feel limited. Since I'm not expecting the return of children here, I don't think there should be any issue in that. 

I'm not sure I understand what you meant by 'what if characters showed some kind of romantic or sexual interest before the S support' ? Would you mind going over that ?

Edited by ExaltedViolinist

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I didn't notice any horses. A bit early to tell of course

I didn't see any on the battlefield, but there were some in the cinematic somewhere around 0:52

Edited by vanguard333

I don’t see why Edelgard has to be a Jagen. I doubt they would have made a main character a jagen archetype. We also don’t know how far in the game the trailer takes place. They might have just picked a point in the game where they had already promoted her.

Simply going off of the art, I’m a fan of Claude. I hope his personality isn’t a let down.

I wonder if everyone will have generic mooks with them. Assuming thieves are in the game it wouldn’t make sense for them to also have them seeing as they’re supposed to be stealthy.

I don’t really want to involve myself with the LGBT+ debate but it’d be nice if they continue to add some characters like that. Maybe three characters? When it’s just one or two it feels more like the token characters.

2 minutes ago, kiaxxl said:

Sounds like Treehouse is ending for today in 15 minutes, so no Three Houses. I'm really hoping we get something tomorrow, but the 2019 date is making me doubt a little. 

Isn’t almost everything that’s shown by Treehouse localized by them? I’m fine with not seeing more of it if it means someone else is doing the localization.

9 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Person A imagines that the new FE will have Echoes' art style, the weapon system from Fates, FE12's support system, and kids a la Awakening.

Person B wants Jugdral-style maps and deployment, Tellius-style classes, the shards from FE12, and Elibe-style supports.

Person C wants Awakening's pair-up system, canto, no kids, and more cleavage.

It would be impossible to release a game that has all of this.

Yes, but their are several thematic ideas (the themes of fellowship and tragedy) gameplay mechanics (supports, permanent death) that tie most of the games together. Intelligent Systems will have to learn to bring together the best elements of Era of Identity Crisis (a.k.a. the 3DS FE games) as best it can to please as many fans as possible ere the game releases.

Edited by Wraith

3 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I don’t see why Edelgard has to be a Jagen. I doubt they would have made a main character a jagen archetype. We also don’t know how far in the game the trailer takes place. They might have just picked a point in the game where they had already promoted her.

Simply going off of the art, I’m a fan of Claude. I hope his personality isn’t a let down.

I wonder if everyone will have generic mooks with them. Assuming thieves are in the game it wouldn’t make sense for them to also have them seeing as they’re supposed to be stealthy.

I don’t really want to involve myself with the LGBT+ debate but it’d be nice if they continue to add some characters like that. Maybe three characters? When it’s just one or two it feels more like the token characters.

Isn’t almost everything that’s shown by Treehouse localized by them? I’m fine with not seeing more of it if it means someone else is doing the localization.

Nope. They've showed off Overcooked 2, Pokemon Let's Go and Fortnite. At E3 they display games.

30 minutes ago, ExaltedViolinist said:

I'm just curious as to why having every character or so able to marry anyone they want any different than to have M/F marriages all across the board ? Barring a few characters fixed into a specific sexuality by the story, having characters not explicitly anything and making them anything we want them to be sounds great to me. They're just people who happen to date people of the same sex, or not. To me it doesn't have to be more complicated than that. It's an acknowledgement that we exist, and that we don't need to have specific characteristics to be. We're just as badass of a warrior as anyone on the field, except we are tied to a character of the same sex.

It's same. Both is equally wrong. Honestly being able pair any male with any fedmale is already overkill and doesn't make much sense as many people simply don't have any common ground in first place. I myself have no problem with having homosexual or bisexual couple. But there is no point blowing it out of proportion. Probably best route would be simply put there official couple of same sexm, like you know Pent and Louise or Calil and Largo instead making everyone bi for no particular reason.

17 minutes ago, thanny said:

I think you should take your own advice and "Relax" instead of calling someone a "bigot" and calling out someone else's opinion as "bullshit" simply because you don't agree with their opinion.

No one decides what is or what isn't pandering, but one can certainly feel that something is pandering, and I definitely feel that about the inclusion of the ability of being able to marry Rhajat and Niles with the same sex as well as the person you are angered by. If you're going to include same-sex S-supports, at least do it properly, not the half-ass bone throwing attempt that is in Fates. Splitting the Rhajat in Birthright and Niles in Conquest, one that doesn't even come until you've paired Hayato with someone, not having both gender options on both paths is just begging for criticism.

The problem doesn't solely exist in and end at Fates though. In SoV, forced pandering is gone even further with Leon being essentially the "HI I'M GAY XD" character, there is no substance in him other than him constantly trying to get together with Valbar when his family was literally murdered not too long before they met. Would this character be acceptable if he was straight? Wouldn't he come off as a creepy rather? Let's not discuss what they did to Niles' character in Warriors...

Diversity is great, but it can be rather down right terrible if done badly, which FE has done so twice in a row. So tell me in your perspective, why "forced diversity" isn't a bad thing.

To be fair, I don't think Leon was trying get into Valbars pants. Or at least I don't think he believed he had chance. He was honest with himself and that's pretty possitive trait in my book. But it would be better if his personality was more than just "I am gay for Valbar", that much is certainly true.

1 minute ago, ExaltedViolinist said:

I think as a concept, it'd be worth the shot. Giving the player the freedom of pairing anyone they wanted, and having these characters well written and not flamboyant or stereotypical would be interesting to see. But I understand where you're coming from. It's a risky task to put in IS' hands especially. 

I just hope they give us a handful of characters so that we don't feel limited. Since I'm not expecting the return of children here, I don't think there should be any issue in that. 

I'm not sure I understand what you meant by 'what if characters showed some kind of romantic or sexual interest before the S support' ? Would you mind going over that ?

For example, see Gray and Tobin being clearly interested in Clair, Chrom getting flustered around F!Robin, Delthea having a clear crush on... Clive, I think it was? If you left every character's sexuality vague until S support there wouldn't really be any of that. I'm hoping there are no children this game, too, and if there are I'm hoping it's not done as shoddily as Fates, so there should be more room for gay characters. That being said, I can't say I'm expecting a lot.

7 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

It's same. Both is equally wrong. Honestly being able pair any male with any fedmale is already overkill and doesn't make much sense as many people simply don't have any common ground in first place. I myself have no problem with having homosexual or bisexual couple. But there is no point blowing it out of proportion. Probably best route would be simply put there official couple of same sexm, like you know Pent and Louise or Calil and Largo instead making everyone bi for no particular reason.

I don't know why, I must've had a brain short circuit, but it didn't even occur to me that relationships could be directly established into the story with canon building behind it. It would make romances a lot less eclectic and a lot more meaningful. I'd like that. A handful of canon pairings, m/f, m/m and f/f alike.

5 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

For example, see Gray and Tobin being clearly interested in Clair, Chrom getting flustered around F!Robin, Delthea having a clear crush on... Clive, I think it was? If you left every character's sexuality vague until S support there wouldn't really be any of that. I'm hoping there are no children this game, too, and if there are I'm hoping it's not done as shoddily as Fates, so there should be more room for gay characters. That being said, I can't say I'm expecting a lot.

Aaah, I see. Well for those characters I assumed they'd just either be bi/pan or fixed in their heterosexuality by the story like I mentioned in my initial post. And that's entirely fine by me! But I'd be expecting story-fixed LGBT characters as well if that were the case again.

Edited by ExaltedViolinist

Happy about the delay since that game looks like it needs more time in the oven. Love the idea of each character representing a platoon. Gives battles a larger scale rather than the improbably battles we're used to of 12 guys versus suspiciously small "armies". Would love to see more but I guess they've got nothing else to show at the moment.

2 hours ago, Frenzify said:

Anyway, I can get why people aren't really feeling the trailer. After watching it again, it was really kind of flat. The hype comes from the fact that it's a new main Fire Emblem game, but the trailer itself was pretty underwhelming. Personally, I'm hyped anyway, but I completely understand why others may not be, after that trailer.

This pretty much describes how I feel. I'm not really excited by the trailer itself, but rather just the fact we're finally gotten a reveal for the new game.

I'm still kind of struggling with the new art style and designs. Every time I look at these characters I think I'm looking at a VN or Persona-like school simulator game, rather than FE. Game mechanics-wise there's nothing really notable to take from the trailer other than durability being back and the groups of soldiers, which I'm just neutral on.

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Game mechanics-wise there's nothing really notable to take from the trailer other than durability being back and the groups of soldiers, which I'm just neutral on.

Edelgard seems to be able to use magic but doesn't wield tomes or staves, which seems to be a new mechanic.

I wonder if we'll get any of the lord trio in Heroes or Smash before this game releases.

1 minute ago, Thane said:

I wonder if we'll get any of the lord trio in Heroes or Smash before this game releases.

I suspect we'll get at least one banner featuring the main trio before release for the sake of hype. Maybe MU will be in trials or something. We'll just have to see, I suppose. p:

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

Edelgard seems to be able to use magic but doesn't wield tomes or staves, which seems to be a new mechanic.

Oh I didn't notice that, that could be interesting.

Even if not, they could also put them in as DLC down the line like Corrin was if there's demand for it.

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

I'm reallllly hoping we get them in Heroes before the release. I want them sooner rather than later. But just from an advertising standpoint, later makes a lot more sense. Probably co-inciding with the actual release (perhaps a week or so before) for people to get a taste of the characters.

But would love for a early 2019 release in Heroes a couple months before.

Not a fan of the soldier behind ou tropey character, (Co from advance wars 4?).  I Also don't like the animation, the impact seems nonexistante ( the fire magic looks ugly) especially compared to Echoes. The rest looks fine , i'am hype (and i can't wait to know if Nina , Ophélia and Forrest will be in this game, it will be fun to watch the reaction and how they looks with this art style, I would love it , even if it's probably a bad idea. Maybe she will be well executed this time?).