Fire Emblem Three Houses

Byleth's 'None' in the ZL/ZR toggle-able option in the combat forecast is referring to 'no combat arts selected', it's clear if you compare it to the Japanese trailer.

That bow user (Hilda) being able to retaliate a sword user (Byleth) at 1-range. Not necessarily a fan of giving bows 1-range (it kinda defeats the point of a ranged unit, it's prone to making gameplay either unsharp or annoying) but that seems to be the case according to the trailer.

Edited by Aggro Incarnate

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

Edelgard seems to be able to use magic but doesn't wield tomes or staves, which seems to be a new mechanic.

Not exactly new since Gaiden/SoV does that too

———————————

i hope there’s no dlc in this game. At least nothing story related.

I wonder if any new characters will make their way into heroes before the game is actually released.

1 minute ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Not exactly new since Gaiden/SoV does that too

How on earth did I forget about that? Thanks bud. Still, interesting that it makes a return, if it's that system - might be something new entirely still.

I wonder how much the avatar's choice impacts Edelgard's weapon usage though. It seems like she can use both swords and axes, so maybe it's a skill increase? Or it's just flavor text.

Looks amazing, the squads around the playable characters make it seem more like a large scale battle, I thought it was neat in Chapter 6 of Fates so seeing it everywhere is nice.  Glad to see you can walk around outside of battle, I enjoyed it in Echoes.  Main guy is hopefully silent except dialogue choices as it appears in the trailer, that makes it so much easier to project onto and imagine it's me than having a character with a personality like Robin/Corrin.  If they dropped the waifu stuff that's ok by me, nothing could compare to Nowi anyway.  I'm sad it's not coming this year but thankfully Heroes will be there to give me some kind of FE experience to enjoy besides replaying old games.    

9 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

did anyone think this game looked like Langrisser with all of the generic units fighting alongside yours?

I was thinking Last Remnant at first, but I'm getting those Langrisser pings a bit too. Doesn't look like the mooks will be as involved as the supporting fighters from Langrisser.

I watched the video and I'm confused, are we going to be playing as the woman who was voicing it, presumably looking for our teacher who may or may not be a dragon of some kind? Or is she the main lord but we play another found tactician type?

Is she an outsider going through all three groups to destroy the powerful objects left by the goddess? And we end up slowly recruiting people from all three, or is she a member of one and we take out the other two?

Also this guy looks cool and I hope we get him in our party early tumblr_pa823mvbbk1w4158ao2_1280.jpg

Edited by Eveangaline
to add something I didn't thin kof earlier

7 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

To be fair, I don't think Leon was trying get into Valbars pants. Or at least I don't think he believed he had chance. He was honest with himself and that's pretty possitive trait in my book. But it would be better if his personality was more than just "I am gay for Valbar", that much is certainly true.

It's true, honesty is a good positive trait. But there is a time and place for that, how he was acting towards Valbar was simply inappropriate. As I said, would this be acceptable if Leon was straight? But because he's gay, this doesn't count as sexual harassment or creepy people seem to throw around freely, and just gets a free pass. Honestly there's a lot of characters with one-dimensional, bland and undeveloped characters in Echoes too that people accuse of Fates and Awakening of having, but the latter two spunges up all the hate.

I'm not too fond of the current roster reveal as they all seem like generic good protagonists like Lucina and Azura, just not with my ideal designs. It's still early to call this game off for me, hoping to see more of it soon.

2 minutes ago, Eveangaline said:

I watched the video and I'm confused, are we going to be playing as the woman who was voicing it, presumably looking for our teacher who may or may not be a dragon of some kind? Or is she the main lord but we play another found tactician type?

Is she an outsider going through all three groups to destroy the powerful objects left by the goddess? And we end up slowly recruiting people from all three, or is she a member of one and we take out the other two?

The info suggests WE the teacher is the main character her and the other 2 guys are probably the "Azura" or even the "Hoshido/Nohr sibs" of this game.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I hope the success of this series would give them enough confidence to bring back Advance Wars.

It's hard to be fan of both FE and AW honnestly.

The main reason we don't have more AW games seems o be because FE got so popular. (I think I've read that somewhere, but I don't have the sources right now...)

This game looks great, I'm really interested in it.

Graphics look neat.

Music's awesome.

I like the character designs.

Gameplay looks like a few fun twists on the classic FE gameplay we all know and love.

Story has potential.

12 minutes ago, Aggro Incarnate said:

That bow user (Hilda) being able to retaliate a sword user (Byleth) at 1-range. Not necessarily a fan of giving bows 1-range (it kinda defeats the point of a ranged unit, it's prone to making gameplay either unsharp or annoying) but that seems to be the case according to the trailer.

I liked Valentia's model of archers having flexibility to do opening strikes, exploit terrain to force chip damage, or apply status effects, and having more flexible positioning. It adds more diversity than just having multiple flavours of 2-range units.

3 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

The info suggests WE the teacher is the main character her and the other 2 guys are probably the "Azura" or even the "Hoshido/Nohr sibs" of this game.

Ooooh, it feels a bit odd coming into the story with our character already being an experience teacher type. How are we gonna explain being so low level at the beginning to our students?

I'm a little confused about something. I watched the trailer and I read this thread, but has it been confirmed that Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude are all three separate lords? I mean, I can definitely see Edelgard as one, but I'm not entirely convinced about Dimitri and Claude.

Other than that, I think the game looks pretty interesting for just being only one trailer. I'll hold any further judgement off until we get some more info though.

Looks interesting so far! Sure, it's your typical FE fare but the gameplay seems to be going in some new directions.

More thoughts:

• Edelgard is pretty. Reminds me of a Micaiah/F!Robin hybrid
  • Grizzled Old Man could be the game's Jagen, or maybe a villain
  • Dimitri has 90's boy band hair
  • Looks like the Gaiden/Echoes magic and skill system is back to some degree
  • I'm a sucker for character customization so the avatar returning is fine by me
  • That automaton thing looks really cool. Could it be some kind of raid battle?

2 minutes ago, SimplyUnknown said:

I'm a little confused about something. I watched the trailer and I read this thread, but has it been confirmed that Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude are all three separate lords? I mean, I can definitely see Edelgard as one, but I'm not entirely convinced about Dimitri and Claude.

Other than that, I think the game looks pretty interesting for just being only one trailer. I'll hold any further judgement off until we get some more info though.

I don't think there's official confirmation.  But those three are pretty important, if they have full names.

3 minutes ago, SimplyUnknown said:

Yup, check it out here. 

3 minutes ago, Tamanoir said:

It's hard to be fan of both FE and AW honnestly.

The main reason we don't have more AW games seems o be because FE got so popular. (I think I've read that somewhere, but I don't have the sources right now...)

That is sort of true, since you do not want your products to canabalize each other, just as how Blizzard killed off the WarCraft as a strategy game and focused on branding StarCraft as the primary one instead.

However, Bethesda got both Fall Out and Elder Scrolls under them, and both are very successful open world games with the main difference being the setting, so I hope Fire Emblem and Advance Wars can coexist in the same way under Intelligent Systems.

Alright so my thoughts

-The design and the name of the green haired lord are so stylized that it makes it hard for me to believe that he would be a MyUnit.  but still, there are a lot of things pointing to the fact that he might be.

-Music is Godly

-I like the grunts surrounding the unit

-Looks like Persona Emblem.  The models remind me a bit of Warriors and a bit of Xenoblade

-I'm Hyped

5 minutes ago, lordcorrin said:

Yup, check it out here. 

Thanks for that. But now I'm curious about something else. If you look closely, you'll notice that all three characters have very similar clasps holding up their cloaks. They might even be identical; I can't get close enough to tell. I wonder if that means that they all work for the same group, maybe the church itself, rather than being royals from different houses. Or maybe both.

Just now, Laptopispy said:

Could this sword this cloaked figure is holding in the painting at the beginning be the ruined sword the woman is holding later on?

4.png

I was thinking the same thing at first, but the ruined sword's guard looks like dragon wings, whereas the guard on that sword almost looks like an ordinary crossguard. Also, this sword has a wavy blade like a flamberge, while the blade of the ruined sword looks less wavy and more like it has bits missing; it also has two fullers (the grooves in the middle of some straight swords), while the blade in the portrait has no fullers. So no; they're not the same sword.

1 hour ago, Lynsanity said:

Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 2.39.48 PM.png

Man, I missed this bit earlier and it made me go take a closer look at the graphics in the trailer. It kind of looks like a lower budget game from what they've shown, and don't really get the impression they tried to make it as nice as other mainline series' games (which FE seemed to have become these days) on Switch. Visually the game seems pretty weak even for a Switch title. Not a make-or-break issue, but it's something to note. Pokemon, Zelda, Smash, Mario and even Kirby all look stunning visually. This seems like it's unfinished or something. I might even lean towards Warriors looking a bit better, but there's not enough footage to really make a specific comparison yet.

Edited by Alkaid

3 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

So, as I'm looking for new things to play and don't mind older games, is Langrisser any fun? I had never heard of it.

If you like strategy RPGs, it's a good one! Masoukishin was a childhood favourite amongst me and my friends, and it just got a finished translation patch. I'm also enjoying my Tactics Ogre (PSP) first-time playthrough; the original SNES version is considered one of the best SRPGs by fans and critics.