Fire Emblem Three Houses

6 minutes ago, SimplyUnknown said:

Thanks for that. But now I'm curious about something else. If you look closely, you'll notice that all three characters have very similar clasps holding up their cloaks. They might even be identical; I can't get close enough to tell. I wonder if that means that they all work for the same group, maybe the church itself, rather than being royals from different houses. Or maybe both.

Personally, I assume its what marks them all as "lords". There's also this which touches on the Japanese name for the game and thus ends up explaining why I/we think the trio are lords!

Edited by lordcorrin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, HJHolon said:

If you like strategy RPGs, it's a good one! Masoukishin was a childhood favourite amongst me and my friends, and it just got a finished translation patch. I'm also enjoying my Tactics Ogre (PSP) first-time playthrough; the original SNES version is considered one of the best SRPGs by fans and critics.

Yeah I'm more familiar with the Tactics series as I've played several of their titles. The Ogre Battle style was my favourite amongst this series though. 

Is the Genesis game the one you say was just fan translated? How does it compare to Fire Emblem (or other srpgs)? Seems to have some sort of Advance Wars generic soldiers mechanics.

3 minutes ago, lordcorrin said:

Personally, I assume its what marks them all as "lords". There's also this which touches on the Japanese name for the game.

This is definitely an interesting reference but I feel like I'm going to end up stuck calling them by mystic instinct and and valor.

54 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

Delthea having a clear crush on... Clive, I think it was?

Completely invented by 8-4, from what I've heard.

6 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Man, I missed this bit earlier and it made me go take a closer look at the graphics in the trailer. It kind of looks like a lower budget game from what they've shown, and don't really get the impression they tried to make it as nice as other mainline series' games (which FE seemed to have become these days) on Switch. Visually the game seems pretty weak even for a Switch title. Not a make-or-break issue, but it's something to note. Pokemon, Zelda, Smash, Mario and even Kirby all look stunning visually. This seems like it's unfinished or something. I might even lean towards Warriors looking a bit better, but there's not enough footage to really make a specific comparison yet.

It's almost like the game isn't releasing for nearly another year with the footage likely taken from an even earlier build (as well as potentially held back from the March Direct).

16 minutes ago, thanny said:

It's true, honesty is a good positive trait. But there is a time and place for that, how he was acting towards Valbar was simply inappropriate. As I said, would this be acceptable if Leon was straight? But because he's gay, this doesn't count as sexual harassment or creepy people seem to throw around freely, and just gets a free pass. Honestly there's a lot of characters with one-dimensional, bland and undeveloped characters in Echoes too that people accuse of Fates and Awakening of having, but the latter two spunges up all the hate.

I'm not too fond of the current roster reveal as they all seem like generic good protagonists like Lucina and Azura, just not with my ideal designs. It's still early to call this game off for me, hoping to see more of it soon.

Actually yes In context of story I didn't find his behaviour inappropriet and that probably wouldn't change if he was female

That's weird, from some reason I don't find Leon being that bad, but when I imagine him as girl, he instantly annoy me. Well, that's probably just because I hate clingy girls that need depend on guy, while here it feels like Leon is actually one supporting Valbar instead? Well there is certainly double standard somewhere, in my reasoning. though I don't have clue where exactly.

i saw the trailer, it was a good one but it doesnt kicked me out of my chair.

i was reliefed that i saw finally a trailer after so long time of frustration!

I think after we see more...we will like this game^^

the graphic is not so bad.....but

did you see alle the hot badass female characters???? woah so dawm hot! even the enemy female looks badass!!!

Just now, Vince777 said:

Is the Genesis game the one you say was just fan translated? How does it compare to Fire Emblem (or other srpgs)? Seems to have some sort of Advance Wars generic soldiers mechanics.

Masoukishin is a different game, it's one of the OG-style Super Robot Wars.

I've only ever played the SNES Langrisser. All I remember was branching promotions and the game lying to me about bait and swarm vs charging and controlling as a valid strategy.

I’m so excited, it looks like it’s going to come out really well.

Not a fan of the woman’s name as I can only read Edgelord. Which will become my nickname for her. But the boys are good, I just don’t know which is which. So if anyone knows tell me.

3 minutes ago, TheLostWhisperer said:

I’m so excited, it looks like it’s going to come out really well.

Not a fan of the woman’s name as I can only read Edgelord. Which will become my nickname for her. But the boys are good, I just don’t know which is which. So if anyone knows tell me.

Byleth is the supposed MU; he's referred to as "teacher" by Edgelord. He's the dark blue-haired man.
Dimitri is the blond, blue-themed man.
Claude is the dark-skinned, yellow-themed man. 

Edited by lordcorrin

2 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

It's almost like the game isn't releasing for nearly another year with the footage likely taken from an even earlier build (as well as potentially held back from the March Direct).

If anything, games more often look worse than their E3 trailers. I don't have much reason to expect they'll improve the visuals that much by release.

1 minute ago, lordcorrin said:

Byleth is the supposed MU; he's referred to as "teacher" by Edgelord. He's the dark green-haired man.

Thank you, so Claude is my favorite so far.

I can see Byleth being the Mc with how he is just called the protagonist on the Nintendo thing I saw. But playing as the teacher is an instesting turn. I wonder if that makes us slightly older than the other MCs? Though none really have a coanin age.

3 minutes ago, lordcorrin said:

Byleth is the supposed MU; he's referred to as "teacher" by Edgelord. He's the dark green-haired man.

What? that guys name is byleth? ouh...that is not a good name...in my mind that name sounds like the russian swearword i hope really he is the avatar and we can change the name xD

Has anyone taken a stab at the lyrics in the song?

Reach for my hand, I'll soar away into the dawn, though I wish I could stay. Here in cherished halls ? peaceful days, I fear the end should ? ????

the faceless background characters Instills Fear in me,, i get they're there to add scope but a part of me wants the singular characters back. I liked watching them hold their own and being able to interact with every character in battle, which isn't the case anymore it seems

Man I'm sure hope that the Avatar takes a spectating role this time.

16 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Completely invented by 8-4, from what I've heard.

Fake news: This thread has the translated supports

To add to my point about the sword in the portrait and the ruined sword not being the same sword (since I'm not being allowed, for some reason, to edit my original post to include this image of the ruined sword), if we look at each of the two swords:

Image result for fire emblem three houses

4.png

The second sword looks overall far more... ordinary apart from the wavy blade; speaking of which, as a history guy, I think it's cool to see a proper flamberge in an FE game. But yeah, the guard for the second blade looks thin and... ordinary. The guard for the ruined sword is a set of dragon wings.

5 minutes ago, Eveangaline said:

Oh lord, I hope we're not another demon possess MU.

I would be meh about it, but if it was more like fiend pact Warlocks in dnd. Now that would get me excited. 

Spoiler

I’m sorry I’m a dnd nerd. And warlocks are op.