Fire Emblem Three Houses

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

if we look at each of the two swords:

I thought for a second one of them could be the falchion, since the blade deteriorates but the hilt doesn't, but here's alms sword which is much more similar:51lt-3u63YL._SY355_.jpg.cc03191f52b6b024249f68e4d67382ea.jpg

1 minute ago, Laptopispy said:

Yeah, you're definitely correct about that. I'm curious to see if the sword in the mural has any importance at all. 

Thanks (if you are referring to me). I'm curious as to the mural sword's importance as well, but I just stumbled upon something regarding the ruined sword:

Image result for fire emblem three houses

Look: dragon-wings crossguard, that bit that goes down the first part of the blade, and one edge being smooth while the other edge is bits. Now, look closely at the old guy's magic whip-sword:

Related image

The dragon-wings crossguard, the bit going down the first part of the blade, one edge smooth while the other edge is bits. They're the same sword! The ruined sword is the whip-sword! Or at least, it's of the same make!

1 minute ago, vanguard333 said:

Look: dragon-wings crossguard, that bit that goes down the first part of the blade, and one edge being smooth while the other edge is bits. Now, look closely at the old guy's magic whip-sword:

Related image

The dragon-wings crossguard, the bit going down the first part of the blade, one edge smooth while the other edge is bits. They're the same sword! The ruined sword is the whip-sword! Or at least, it's of the same make!

When I first saw that it I thought it looked like a spine, but you're definitely right.
So the two are definitely related, but there are a lot of possibilities as to why. Maybe the bone look is intentional?

well I for one am quite relieved that none of the leaks were real.

• Avatar seems interesting? older avatar which is nice (assuming the green haired dude is the avatar)
  • I love the art style, it's very detailed and shows house diversity well
  • durability is back! not mad or happy, just interesting they decided to go back to it
  • I ABSOLUTELY love that there is a ton of mooks around and with the characters when they attack, it actually feels like a real battle. This is extremely important, this makes it feel a lot less like some silly 1 man army shenanigans and we don't have to wait until the last like 3 chapters to actually get the feel of a real battle going on
  • They could easily make this more intricate with the random mooks, maybe display less of them when you're injured or show them visibly getting tired/banged up
  • Combat arts are back, awesome loved this from SoV
  • Not enough details to really give an opinion on the narrative
  • music is decent
  • It gives a PoR feel, and I love that, hopefully this game is legit

All in all, I'm finally excited to see what we're working with! it's been a long time coming, rip leaks thread i knew ye well

Everyone seems to be in a tissy about this 2 minute trailer, but i am kinda bummed out it was pushed back. but that's totally fine, if they improve the game instead of releasing it early and incomplete i can wait.

Geez, what a bland illustrator they chose for it. I wonder who it is -- it's definitely not the Persona illustrator people are parroting around. I'm actually SHOCKED they went to this after Hidari's gorgeous work. I figured they'd have a bigger budget for this especially after the massive revenue that Heroes has brought in. I expected much more polish and quality.

Anyway, it's not actually bad. It's just bland. The new gameplay looks really interesting and I'm glad they're throwing a twist into that. It might need more than til Spring 2019 to polish up because it does look really rough right now. Not sure I appreciate the SoV low fps style cgi either because it just looks like a low FPS video game cutscene instead of an anime style one. 

Enough negativity. I loooove they're allowing you to free roam now, and the fact they have a more proper map this time around makes me feel like they're going to care more about world building and story than Fates had. Durability I think is also an okay reversion.

I'm really curious how this game is going to turn out.

Edited by Frosthazard

13 minutes ago, Laptopispy said:

When I first saw that it I thought it looked like a spine, but you're definitely right.
So the two are definitely related, but there are a lot of possibilities as to why. Maybe the bone look is intentional?

Maybe it is a spine: a dragon's spine? After all, for the falchion in Echoes, they intentionally gave the blade a bone-texture look to indicate that the blade's made out of one of Naga's fangs. Perhaps it's the same, but a spine instead. This would also explain why it's a whip-sword rather than just a sword, since I don't think whip-swords have previously been seen in FE.

19 minutes ago, kyoukory said:

I thought for a second one of them could be the falchion, since the blade deteriorates but the hilt doesn't, but here's alms sword which is much more similar:51lt-3u63YL._SY355_.jpg.cc03191f52b6b024249f68e4d67382ea.jpg

Other way around; the handle deteriorates, but the blade doesn't, as the blade is the part that's made out of one of Naga's fangs. 

Edited by vanguard333

1 minute ago, vanguard333 said:

Other way around; the handle deteriorates, but the blade doesn't, as the blade is the part that's made out of one of Naga's fangs. 

thanks!! ignore my comment then

So the castle being seemingly a hub and the wording of "you can move your character freely at certain points" makes me think this is an improved and expanded My Castle we've seen. Nice! And the training... maybe you can use either base/bonus EXP or raise someone's weapon level slightly between each battle. 

I preferred no weapon durability myself, but I'll just deal with it.  Hopefully dragonstones are buyable like in Awakening at least, don't want another situation like Myrrh where outside of glitches she was 50 uses then done forever.  Also legendary weapons should be infinite, or at least let them become like that towards the end like the Radiant Dawn blessings.  

Aww, it is moved to early 2019 but at least they show it off.

Since the trailer is in English, the localisation should be in progress so I dont think we need to wait till March.

Btw, is it just me that FE: Three Houses look like SoV?

Some of my first impressions summed up:

- the game title

Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Two Doors and One Key (looks more filled now, doesn't it)

- story seems to have potential

- gameplay looks interesting

- character art & design is okay, but nothing outstanding or particular unique (the modern artstyle and the mideavel setting is somthing that has to grow on me, I guess)

- the singing was good

That's it for now.

Edited by fOrEiGn sOUl

14 minutes ago, Nowi's Husband said:

I preferred no weapon durability myself, but I'll just deal with it.  Hopefully dragonstones are buyable like in Awakening at least, don't want another situation like Myrrh where outside of glitches she was 50 uses then done forever.  Also legendary weapons should be infinite, or at least let them become like that towards the end like the Radiant Dawn blessings.  

You and me both. I also hope they are not like Myrrh in that they only join way later in the game, I'd rather have manaketes be middling in their power levels, but common enough that you can have some real fun with them, Myrrh is still best dragon though

On the topic of dragons this could be a great opportunity to show just how all  mighty dragons are by having them go out without soldiers.

@Agnar beat me to the punch, I was thinking about that earlier, that this could possibly be a telius follow up taking place after ashuruna(?) returned, the land mass is similar enough that I think it could hold water, and talk of a goddess in the trailer does help support this.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

2 minutes ago, Agnar said:

@thecrimsonflash yep, the second I noticed that I freaked out. I had to make the image to compare the two, and damn am I hyped. Also, just a side note, its Ashunera, sorry to correct you :P But yeah, the similarities are insane

the moment they showed the whole map I almost thought it was telius, also, it's ok, Ashunera doesn't show up often and I couldn't remember how it was spelt.

@Agnar no clue, must've been typing too fast.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

Just now, Agnar said:

@thecrimsonflash yeah, no worries! But considering PoR and RD are my absolute favorite Fire Emblem games, I can't wait for Three houses. I hope its plot ties to PoR/RD in some way shape or form!

radiant dawn being my favorite of the series, that would be a real treat, I will remain optimistic regardless, there is always a bit of uncertainty, but there may be a good reason why we haven't seen any dragons or beasts in gameplay.

@thecrimsonflash yeah, I noticed that too. I just showed my mom the trailer, and she said "why are the names of the countries wrong? And why are there no animal people?" I didn't even have to show her the comparison, she saw the similarities immediately. And I hope more people realize this! Its so amazing that we might be getting a tellius sequel!!

24 minutes ago, Nowi's Husband said:

Who knows? Just because durability has come back doesn't mean there won't be weapons with infinite durability. Hopefully dragonstones will have infinite durability.

2 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Who knows? Just because durability has come back doesn't mean there won't be weapons with infinite durability. Hopefully dragonstones will have infinite durability.

I'm fully expecting at least Legendary weapons will still be infinite use.

5 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

or purchasable, or dragons won't use stones at all and it will tie into that magic system.

I would love to have our dragon units transform on the map like they did in tellius, helped give them that imposing image they deserve.

@Agnar Maybe, a spiritual successor to RD. The continent certainly is shaped like Tellius but everything else is different. I miss laguz tbh. I think it will be just fine if the focus is on gameplay/tactics, instead of being mired in pointless conversation, and everything else that made Fates unpalatable. Also, I wish the art style was more PoR/RD instead of FeW/Echoes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ivadzovlhkjuwd/rd.jpg?dl=0

I wonder who will wield the sword of plot importance seeing as Edelgard seems to be an axe focused lord (axe lord hype), Probably the avatar but I think it would be an interesting twist if the big important sword is the fire whip sword the obvious evil is carrying. Also the Edelgard isn't the only one to talk in the trailer, there is also a sleepy "huh" which is probably the loli dragon