Fire Emblem Three Houses

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

He means as in the mycastle having a cringey stuff. He mentioned that the free roaming mode what looks like a town/castle could be this games' equivalent of the mycastle.

Ah, yeah. I'll be curious to see where the base stuff goes, but I'd be surprised if it ever went as far as skinship, like with Fates.

2 minutes ago, Harvey said:

So I noticed that Edlegard's class is aristocrat. Not to sound negative but how exactly does a class like that fit in war?

Aristocrat is by and large just another way of saying "Lord". Maybe with more posh, financial implications, but aristocrats are essentially the ruling class, much like any other Fire Emblem Lord in the franchise. They sent people to die in wars, too.

43 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Boy...this thread is rather getting toxic I might say.

Guys, it's just a trailer. Let's wait for interviews and stuff like that because it's too early to conclude anything.

Like I said earlier, it looks fine to me so far.

Actually, it's been pretty good.  Now we're up to twenty-one pages, and still only two people who were so bad that I had to say something.

Unless your idea of toxic is "anyone that disagrees".

43 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

House Fergus huh.

I'm hoping this house sticks to its celtic mythological influence for inspiration. don't hurt me @eclipse

F:GO is that way, ban! :P:

1 minute ago, Harvey said:

So I noticed that Edlegard's class is aristocrat. Not to sound negative but how exactly does a class like that fit in war?

"Aristocrat" is another name for a noble.  We've been beating things up with various nobility already (see: mostly all the non-Tellius lords).

7 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

The tone definitely seems more serious this time, and the character art seems more conservative. If it really was the artist from Uta No Prince-Sama, who I believe is a woman, we probably won't have to worry TOO much about bad female design. We may need to worry about too many flower boys though.

We're going from waifu emblem to fujo emblem.

Well, I honestly don't know what to feel at this point. Fates burned me so hard on Fire Emblem that I've just about given up on the series. SoV was alright, but I mainly bought that because of better character designs and that it had an established story that could not be greatly changed. Looking at the trailer, it looks like they may have learned from their mistakes (better world building, more sensible character designs, an unspoken promise of a more consistent and coherent story) but this is all one trailer and it will take more than what we got, a looottt more, before I consider picking it up.

Perhaps I've been spoiled on the Witcher 3, Dark Souls, Pillars of Eternity, Yoko Taro and the like as well as Howard, Moorcock, Pratchett, and Gaiman's books when it comes to characters and story. If it is actually good in both gameplay and story, I will pick it up.

Now, I am all for a Scottish Kingdom. Fear the men in kilts!

33 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

We're going from waifu emblem to fujo emblem.

We're evolving as a fandom

20 minutes ago, LorisaGoldfish said:

#TeamClaude :P

I really do like his design though. Makes me excited to see more characters.

17 minutes ago, Slumber said:

I'm a straight guy who hates waifu culture.

Totally #TeamClaude

14 minutes ago, nyainou said:

I'm a bi dude who loves to waifu characters.

Totally #TeamClaude

I'm beginning to notice a trend here. I'm #TeamClaude too

Interesting design, first tan lord, first bow lord, and his portrait shows the most personality. He's winning me over the most.

9 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Actually, it's been pretty good.  Now we're up to twenty-one pages, and still only two people who were so bad that I had to say something.

Unless your idea of toxic is "anyone that disagrees".

If it's pretty good, then why are people complaing about the artstyle and the game just looking bland and others going as far as to say the game is a lot like landgrisser?

12 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Aristocrat is by and large just another way of saying "Lord". Maybe with more posh, financial implications, but aristocrats are essentially the ruling class, much like any other Fire Emblem Lord in the franchise. They sent people to die in wars, too.

Ok thanks for that!

This fanbase: I hope they do something new with the next FE and it's not exactly like Fateswakening

FE: *does that*

This fanbase: Wow we only saw a minute of it but looks absolutely terrible the series is over dimitri poisoned my water supply

Haha, it's a bit like the Pokemon fandom in a way. I just hope we get new info soon and we don't have to wait for like a September direct or anything. I'd be more than happy with a returning avatar if the main three still get the spotlight. Maybe like an improved Kris? 

Edited by kiaxxl

21 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Totally #TeamClaude

Transformers, fujos in disguise.

2 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

I'm beginning to notice a trend here. I'm #TeamClaude too

Interesting design, first tan lord, first bow lord, and his portrait shows the most personality. He's winning me over the most.

I like his yellow/black clothes, plus the bow. Hes got some style at least. While I've called the designs overall rather generic, he's the least so to me. He seems like he'll have the most potential to be interesting, just from what little glimpse we have of the crew. Not to mention his competition is mop-head and Alm 1.5.

Hopefully he doesn't get shot in the foot (literally or figuratively) by the writers when we actually get the play the game.

1 minute ago, Harvey said:

If it's pretty good, then why are people complaing about the artstyle and the game just looking bland and others going as far as to say the game is a lot like landgrisser?

Because people are sharing their opinions in a civil manner. Not everybody will share a single opinion; people are going to dislike things, and we all have the right to express that. Since there's been barely any issues, I'd say things are pretty good.

I was watching the trailer again, and watching the teacher run it just reminds of a Pokémon trainer running through the towns. Am I the only one who feels that way? Anyway, if dungeon exploring does return, I hope they fix the breaks. When you were running in Echoes, when you tried to stop, it was like trying to stop a car.

On a side note, yeah I’m totally #teamclaude. As an Asian Person, I have to admit I get annoyed slightly when the majority of characters are fair skinned.

Good or bad, I'm just glad we have a title, characters and gameplay. Do you know how worried I was that they'd just go "oh yeah and FE is coming 2019 we'll show it later"? We actually have things to analyse :D

I have hope for this game's world building, from what I've seen from the Three Houses, the map, the crests and the three different main characterzs. I don't think any game since POR has done that too well. 

Edited by kiaxxl

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

Totally #TeamClaude

I’m a straight cat who doesn’t care about waifu culture. Go Edelgard. And go Dimitri and Claude. And go Byleth. And go everyone.

Edited by Vaximillian

Sorry people but I am #TeamEldelgard a good waifu doesn't need big boobs (hear that Camila?)

Btw after analyzing the trailer I believe that normal units( like no lords and byleths /Mu) do not have individual sprites be it during battle or the field. Look at the trailed trailer and you will notice.

Edited by SuperNova125

21 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Sorry people but I am #TeamEldelgard a good waifu doesn't need big boobs (hear that Camila?)

Btw after analyzing the trailer I believe that normal units( like no lords and byleths /Mu) do not have individual sprites be it during battle or the field. Look at the trailed trailer and you will notice.

If you are referring to the generics in the battalions then yes none of them have unique sprites and it looks kinda stupid cause their face is visible and they all have the same one. If you are referring to regular units then I would pause the trailer at 0:56 and give the archer to the right a look, he very clearly has his own unique sprite  

Edited by Mackc2

2 hours ago, Slumber said:

Totally #TeamClaude

2 hours ago, nyainou said:

I'm a bi dude who loves to waifu characters.

Totally #TeamClaude

I'm a straight woman who waifus men.

#TeamClaude

1 hour ago, Harvey said:

You're confusing disagreement with toxicity.

The art style isn't going to please everyone.  I have no issues with people voicing their issues about that.

Toxicity is determined by HOW people express their discontent.  Chiming in a dissenting opinion isn't toxic by itself.  "I don't care for the art style" is far different from "this game looks like weaboo trash".  The former is a statement of opinion, and everyone has a right to that.  The latter is toxic, because it expresses its discontent by putting the game down.

For toxic, see the quote below this sentence.

1 hour ago, kiaxxl said:

This fanbase: I hope they do something new with the next FE and it's not exactly like Fateswakening

FE: *does that*

This fanbase: Wow we only saw a minute of it but looks absolutely terrible the series is over dimitri poisoned my water supply

I dislike hyperbole, especially when it's being used to take potshots at the fanbase.  Such comments are part of the toxic fanbase problem, so kindly keep them to yourself in the future.

48 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m a straight cat who doesn’t care about waifu culture. Go Edelgard. And go Dimitri and Claude. And go Byleth. And go everyone.

What is this well-reasoned and logical opinion doing here? :P:

Edited by eclipse

1 minute ago, kiaxxl said:

Toxic?? Potshots??? I'm having a joke, and I'm part of the fanbase. :/

That wasn't funny, nor did it come across like a joke.

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

That wasn't funny, nor did it come across like a joke.

"Haha, it's a bit like the Pokemon fandom in a way. Either way I hope we get information soon"

It's obviously meant to not be too serious. And the last bit is a Spongebob reference: https://www.quotes.net/show-quote/73362

Ew. If this place has super anal mods, I'm outta here. 

Edited by kiaxxl

3 minutes ago, kiaxxl said:

"Haha, it's a bit like the Pokemon fandom in a way. Either way I hope we get information soon"

It's obviously meant to not be too serious.

Ew. If this place has super anal mods, I'm outta here. 

the pkmn fandom is ruined after that horrible masuda decided to dumb things even more

---------------------------

well so far the FE art style is... well uninteresting tbh.... i will wait and see more character but i hope their designs get improved