Fire Emblem Three Houses

45 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Sorry people but I am #TeamEldelgard a good waifu doesn't need big boobs (hear that Camila?)

Hey! You can express whichever waifu is your type all you want without the need to bring my onee-chan down in the process! >:(

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, kiaxxl said:

"Haha, it's a bit like the Pokemon fandom in a way. Either way I hope we get information soon"

It's obviously meant to not be too serious. And the last bit is a Spongebob reference: https://www.quotes.net/show-quote/73362

Ew. If this place has super anal mods, I'm outta here. 

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

5 minutes ago, Pegasus Knight said:

the pkmn fandom is ruined after that horrible masuda decided to dumb things even more

. . .really?

Nice catch on the "Scottish" nation. I saw Leicester and Gloucester at least - it seems at least some of the names are taken from English and Scottish (and perhaps Irish - Fódlan is a distortion of an Irish goddess) etymology.

Edited by Tryhard

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

. . .really?

Congrats on driving someone off, I'm sure I won't be the first or last. You're a mod of a small FE forum, not an almighty arbiter LOL

Hey how do you delete your account anyways?

Just now, Pegasus Knight said:

dude lol no one cares about your toxicity....

Yep, that's me, toxic for quoting Spongebob. Throw rocks if you want

2 minutes ago, Pegasus Knight said:

well yeah masuda is turning the pkmn fandom into the FE one with his latest move

So, maybe you didn't read the entire page before the first post I quoted.  That's okay.  I'll repeat what I said earlier:

You're free to disagree about things.  But don't put others down to express that disagreement.

1 minute ago, kiaxxl said:

Congrats on driving someone off, I'm sure I won't be the first or last. You're a mod of a small FE forum, not an almighty arbiter LOL

You're doing a terrible job of leaving.  I mean, it's one thing to be unable to take criticism to the face.  It's quite another to be a liar.

. . .so since you're being SO DRAMATIC, I'll do the honors for you.

Just now, eclipse said:

So, maybe you didn't read the entire page before the first post I quoted.  That's okay.  I'll repeat what I said earlier:

You're free to disagree about things.  But don't put others down to express that disagreement.

You're doing a terrible job of leaving.  I mean, it's one thing to be unable to take criticism to the face.  It's quite another to be a liar.

. . .so since you're being SO DRAMATIC, I'll do the honors for you.

I'm asking how to delete, because I couldn;t find it in the settings.

You're really smug, huh?

1 minute ago, kiaxxl said:

I'm asking how to delete, because I couldn;t find it in the settings.

You're really smug, huh?

Nah.  My job is to keep this place clean, and I can't leave toxic barrels lying around.

Oh, right, you can't respond.  But you wanted to leave anyway, so it doesn't matter.  Have a nice life and whatnot.

What a passionate fan base we have here. There are a lot of valid concerns and opinions on what is good and bad. I do hope they change the title though. It certainly seems to be a working title.

After rewatching the trailer a dozen times, I think I'm okay with the new art style. The strategy seems to be a mix of Echoes, Awakenings, Tellius series, with a few things from Fates, and other Fire emblems. The focus on more RPG like elements is appreciated. 

I think as long as Intelligent Systems stays away from the cringe-worthy romance elements, everyone will be fairly happy with this new game. You figure they still have 7 months to polish things like the UI, tighten up the game mechanics and add shadowing/lighting to the 3d models. Release in March for Japan, and launch elsewhere in spring. 

Edited by grinus

3 minutes ago, grinus said:

What a passionate fan base we have here. There are a lot of valid concerns and opinions on what is good and bad. I do hope they change the title though. It certainly seems to be a working title.

After rewatching the trailer a dozen times, I think I'm okay with the new art style. The strategy seems to be a mix of Echoes, Awakenings, Tellius series, with a few things from Fates, and other Fire emblems. The focus on more RPG like elements is appreciated. 

I think as long as Intelligent Systems stays away from the cringe-worthy romance elements, everyone will be fairly happy with this new game. You figure they still have 7 months to polish things like the UI, tighten up the game mechanics and add shadowing/lighting to the 3d models. Release in March for Japan, and launch elsewhere in spring. 

i dont think they can change the title now....

1 hour ago, SuperNova125 said:

Sorry people but I am #TeamEldelgard a good waifu doesn't need big boobs (hear that Camila?

Err, correct me if I'm wrong but weren't popular "waifus" Azura, Lucina, and Cordelia too? I'm not saying they're ironing board flat or anything but yeah petite gets some love in the fandom too.

39 minutes ago, Thane said:

I think Three Houses is a great title. Not everything needs to be titled "Shadows of the Eternal Legacy". 

I agree. The titles fine. Gives me a "romance of the three kingdoms" vibe. Which I'm sure is intentional. I hope we get a playable lord from each of the great houses.

Edited by wissenschaft

49 minutes ago, Thane said:

I think Three Houses is a great title. Not everything needs to be titled "Shadows of the Eternal Legacy". 

It just gets weird when you realize the Japanese title is "Four Seasons"

44 minutes ago, Thane said:

I just wish they had titled it "The Three Houses". Gives it a sense of status and importance, like "I swear my allegiance to the Three Houses." As it is, I cannot escape the mental imagery of a street with three single-story homes and someone walking their dog on the sidewalk. Amazing what a single word can do to a phrase sometimes.

Cautiously optimistic about this overall. Technically I have gripes regarding it everywhere, from the music to the color scheme of the characters to the almost generic JRPG aesthetic and plot setup, but what the game seems to be offering is so removed from the aspects of more recent FE titles I despise that I'll take those compromises any day of the week.

It was in another topic that someone had a link with this image, though most people must know about it, but nonetheless I found it intresting. The said image pretty much comfirms the existance of a avatar/protagonist/MU which explains why byleth roams around, talks with Edelgard and seems to be a persona type protag.

THINK that the image is below?

Edited by SuperNova125

It's not the subtitle itself that is the problem. Something like "The Tale of the Three Houses" would have been okay. "The Three Houses" like Party Moth mentioned would also be fine. Just "Three Houses" doesn't flow very well. For me, it comes off as naming a Dragon Quest game, "Dragon Quest House Builder."

What sounds better?  Led Zeppelin Holy house or Led Zeppelin Houses of the Holy.   Just picky about names, I guess. 

Edited by grinus

1 hour ago, grinus said:

You figure they still have 7 months to polish things like the UI, tighten up the game mechanics and add shadowing/lighting to the 3d models. Release in March for Japan, and launch elsewhere in spring. 

Yeah, hopefully they use the 7 months to polish things up, really hoping to see something I like in the upcoming Directs for this game.

As for the release date, I'm pretty sure they're going to be aiming for a global simultaneous release following the trend of every major Nintendo IP release so far.

I’m excited, it seems to be trying to be its own thing, which is what I was hoping it would do rather than borrow heavily from any one era of FE. Excited for more info too. 

Also, team Edelgard. She’s too good. Plus she uses an axe. Sign me up.

hopefully we see more info today with Famitsu, or something within the next month if not.

I'm excited for this, what we saw was really nice in my opinion. The clothes designs in particular were really hitting all the right notes for me. There's a lot of black, but unless it's everyone all the time that's not going to be bothering me. At the moment it looks more like we're starting in a school / military academy setting and the black clothes are school uniforms.

Also loving the character designs, particularly Mercedes and Claude. Only one I'm not feeling is Hilda at the moment, but we saw all of couple seconds of her face so that's not much to go on. Also female axe lord hype!

The school setting and Avatar's role as the instructor are different enough from normal to strike my fancy and as far as mechanics go, squads and formations seem like they'll add nice flair to the usual combat. That said I can definitely see why there are people saying it looks cluttered, I do hope they won't be as big and spread out in indoor maps. On the samey faces on squads, I honestly don't notice it unless people post still images of them so not a bid deal for me. Not like I'll be looking at the game frame by frame. Same goes for complaints about cutscenes and so on, I don't see it. That said, hopefully they'll have time in the following months to polish things so people will be happy.

One thought I had about the new stats Endurance and Resilience was that maybe the squads and formations would have some extra defensive values or something. Though Resilience also sounds like it could be related to debuffs.

1 hour ago, Thane said:

I agree, especially knowing how much shorter intricate titles can be in Japanese than English.

That said, @silveraura25's point about the difference in meanings of the English and Japanese comes off a bit jarring. Though that's happened before so eh.

Edited by Sylphid

4 hours ago, nyainou said:

Because people are sharing their opinions in a civil manner. Not everybody will share a single opinion; people are going to dislike things, and we all have the right to express that. Since there's been barely any issues, I'd say things are pretty good.

I don't know about that since people always bash at me for giving any criticism towards fe6...just saying.