Fire Emblem Three Houses

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

It just gets weird when you realize the Japanese title is "Four Seasons"

I have a feeling that it used to be four houses and that each house represented a season. Some time before the game the fourth house was destroyed and their descendands are now the members of the typical evil cult.

5 hours ago, eclipse said:

Actually, it's been pretty good.  Now we're up to twenty-one pages, and still only two people who were so bad that I had to say something.

Unless your idea of toxic is "anyone that disagrees".

F:GO is that way, ban! :P:

"Aristocrat" is another name for a noble.  We've been beating things up with various nobility already (see: mostly all the non-Tellius lords).

But I have actually read the tain bo cuilange

7 hours ago, Icelerate said:

This game gives me Radiant Dawn vibes. 

1. No fan service.

...So I guess thigh-highs, miniskirts, low-cut dresses, and buff shirtless dudes aren't fanservice?

There's a pretty broad scale of "fanservice", and FE's always had it from the start.

36 minutes ago, iavasechui said:

Very much looking forward to this ^_^ though I really hope unique and legendary weapons won’t break...

That hasn't been the case for a long time, so I highly doubt they'd revert that.

I'm hyped, but wary too after the Fates fiasco. After that, they went to do SoV which was a neat remix... So wary but hopeful.

At least, the art seems better than Fates and Awakening, more in line with Echoes which is pretty super cool.

So gameplay wise
-My Unit seems to be back in the form of this 'Teacher', we'll see what if it'll be as bad as the others before him; He had better clothes, even though the way he wears the mantle makes me cringe. What kind of teacher weak a coat like that ? Hopefuly, they'll get a clue, and make him mute instead of spouting constant bullcrap left and right..
-Gaiden/Echoes Magic system seems to be back along with weapon techniques which seems fine, I guess ?How it'll works though is anyone guesses.
-Weapon durability is back, and the number of dur seems quite large. 50 for Steel ? But I think it's a nice change. Fates became quickly bothersome with it's debuffs.
-This new formation system seems quite badass, I wonder what'll it'll actually be. A fusion between Advance Wars and Fire Emblem ? Der Langriser ?
-Con and Weight seems to be back, eeeeeh. It's nice to see it back, but I did not minded it not being there. We'll see.

Some interesting things to note.
-We have a brand new named continent. Where is the Champagne ?
-I getting some bad from this main girl constantly  talking to you by calling the MU teacher, teacher, almost adoringly as if he was super important to her, or to some other people, Is this waifu bait or what ? She have a teacher fetish ?
-Poor Half-jokes and worries, aside, what I find interesting is that the possible MU is neither a tactitian nor a prince, he is a Teacher, to her or to others we dunno. It had interesting implication. That could means there is a deep bound of trust between him and her, and that she might count on you and your opinions as shown in the 'what weapon raining would I work on' moment
-Speaking of this choice does it means that this or other character will gain new skill and weapons prof depending on what the Teacher tell them to do ? Seems to be that by telling her to focus on axes, she was to start using axes. That my explanation for it anyways. But so, why is sword selectable then ? Better pro or bonus with swords ?
-This scene at the end puzzle me "Until then, please don't forget me, Teacher", why whould he forget her ? Is he getting transfered or something ? Does that even exist in medieval times ? Also, people talk about a loli that is loli as Nowi (Heresy alert), on this throne thingy, but the only thing I see is some sort of gray crap. I'm... not joking. It looks like a slime to me. Must be looking at thise the wrong wa..

... I don't have a Switch. >_>
Counting on you let's players to.play the game !

19 hours ago, ProfImpossible said:

Wait a minute... a greater number of (probably) insignificant units, more anime like graphics (though nowhere near as stylish)! Guys, I've got news for you, this is just a Langrissser game.

Independant Path confirmed then ?

2 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

It was in another topic that someone had a link with this image, though most people must know about it, but nonetheless I found it intresting. The said image pretty much comfirms the existance of a avatar/protagonist/MU which explains why byleth roams around, talks with Edelgard and seems to be a persona type protag.

THINK that the image is below?

fire-emblem-three-houses-fact-sheet.jpg

Oooo some kind of ecclesiastical political shit goin on, sign me the fuck up! 

Also, yeah. Its saying your mu moves freely and interacts. Apparently, they are a unit too, as someone pointed out them doing a crit. But looks like they arent like, the main lord. It's intriguing. Im likely to save for a Switch. I gotta have this game. 

4 hours ago, Tryhard said:

Nice catch on the "Scottish" nation. I saw Leicester and Gloucester at least - it seems at least some of the names are taken from English and Scottish (and perhaps Irish - Fódlan is a distortion of an Irish goddess) etymology.

I was the one who caught it. I had a theory based on the name Fergus: an anglicization of the Scottish Gaelic Fearghas meaning man of vigour, and, as someone pointed out to me, the axe-wielding guys in the trailer wearing blue tartan kilts. Also, the swordsman in spiked armour in the trailer is wearing a red tartan cape. 

I like how the map is full scale and the units are quite small in relation to each tile. Forests are like actual forests with tall-ass trees.

I wonder how flying units will work though. Will they fly over said tall-ass trees?

My guess on the story is that the three main characters are from the "three houses" and they are all sent to study under us the "teacher" similar to how Eliwood, Hector, Erik were all at the same school, and how Roy and Lilina were both taught in a separate country by Cecilia.

Conflict will break out and these three characters will team up with one another to fix things as opposed to just siding with their home countries.

I'm getting FF Tactics vibes from how the story might turn out.

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I have a feeling that it used to be four houses and that each house represented a season. Some time before the game the fourth house was destroyed and their descendands are now the members of the typical evil cult.

That, or Byleth is a member of the 4th house that fell out of favor with the rest. That could explain why the title references 4 seasons in Japanese. The english dub could have changed it to make it clearer that this game will focus on Claude, Edelgard, and Dimitri rather than the avatar character. 

Can I just say how much I love the new battle backgrounds? It appears now that each unit is merely a squad leader; this is an excellent change and will go a long way to making the battles seem like actual battles and not skirmishes.

I think i will wait before getting excited. I would like to see a closer return to FE:PoR and RD mechanics for weapons and skills. I hope weapons no longer lower your stats and that it has no more bullshit kids (the plot can allow for them but don't pull them out of your ass with 'time is different here').

Also not too sure how to feel about the characters being squads. I think i would prefer the skirmishes more than anything else. Seeing a small band of soldiers defeat a crap ton of enemies has always been great. One of the reasons I loved RD so much.

I love Utapri, so I recognized the art style right away. Plus, the "instructor" looked like Masato's doppelganger, so that gave it away quickly. Totally digging the art and character design!

I've always wanted more units on the battlefield/in the background to make the fights look more realistic and chaotic, so props to IS for finally adding that.

Really excited to see more of the free roam mechanic and if our character is customizable or not(I'm leaning towards yes).

So far, I like what I see, but I'm gonna hold out on pre-ordering until they announce a special edition.

After letting it al sink in a bit more I'm a little bit more positive. I'm just really interested to see MORE because I really want to have more information on the stuff we did see but I can certainly appreciate IS doing something new and giving us some world building. 

Oh and I'm joining team Eldegard because she has a cool name, cool black/red clothes and because I really hope that she's going to be a good female lord.

For the record, Three Houses probably won't appear in the Treehouse show. In the list of games that will be shown at E3, Three Houses isn't featured.

Presumably the game is still too early to be demonstrated in public.

2 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

For the record, Three Houses probably won't appear in the Treehouse show. In the list of games that will be shown at E3, Three Houses isn't featured.

ouh..so maybe they show us in a fire emblem direct? okay...that means we must wait again xD. i thought we see something in these 3 days but you probalby right

1 minute ago, VincentASM said:

Which makes me wonder what in the world happened.  This was supposed to be a 2018 release?  I mean, it looks promising, but also like it could use some work.

Did Heroes really take up that many resources?

I'm glad durability is back. Kind of disappointed that it looks like the avatar is back, but if its just a wandering tactician ie Mark then that wouldn't be too bad. The emphasis on the world building is huge, and I'm hoping they continue with it and we get a Jugdral like story instead of something like the last few games. Considering we have 3 main lords I think it would be cool if they did something like the FE8 path split or the FE7 Hector versus Eliwood mode paths. Making them into separate games would really suck. Another thing I liked is the addition of squads around each unit, although the fact that they all look the same is a little disappointing, but its a step in the right direction. The art overall and especially the music were very nice, although I'm not a huge fan of the character portraits so far as they seem very bland.

22 hours ago, TheInternetExplorer said:

Yo those stats have 3 digits!

Looks like we're going to statcreep RD and Awakening.

Oh.....no.....

22 hours ago, Frenzify said:

I honestly laughed at "Important lady" because she looks so like the typical Fire Emblem character that will die early on for emotional impact, and character motivation. If she doesn't die I will honestly be shocked.

Hmm, she doesn't look like any of the characters I usually accidentally get killed so I'm not sure what you mean....

Joking aside, yeah she does have the same feel as Emmeryn/Mikoto, but she reminds me more of Mila.

22 hours ago, Harvey said:

Hmm...I wonder if this game can be beaten in 0% growths run...

This is the most important question.

22 hours ago, Frenzify said:

Oof. It's hard to defend the stories of Fire Emblem. I love Awakening to bits, but it's story is very lackluster. Fates revolved around the Mary/Gary Sue/Stu avatar, who could do no wrong. And Echoes was about a nobody village boy who was secretly actually super important, but before anyone even knew this he was made the leader of an army. Also, there are dragons to kill. Like, I don't wanna be a negative Nancy, but once the critique goggles are on, it's hard to swing the story as a positive point.

Genealogy has an amazing story. Blazing Sword's is at least unique. The rest I can't defend.

3 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Which makes me wonder what in the world happened.  This was supposed to be a 2018 release?  I mean, it looks promising, but also like it could use some work.

Did Heroes really take up that many resources?

yeah ...its heroes fault....why IS why??

2 minutes ago, senior firehood said:

yeah ...its heroes fault....why IS why??

Well, now that I think about it, I'm sure there were other issues besides Heroes, possibly with getting the engine right.

We probably shouldn't be jumping to conclusions.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

2 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Well, now that I think about it, I'm sure there were other issues besides Heroes, possibly with getting the engine right.

We probably shouldn't be jumping to conclusions.

i dont know...im not happy about three houses.. ithink we havent seen all of  fire  emblem yet and that turns out that many of us are unhappy with the new emblem. i think if we goit more information...then evryone is happy^^