Fire Emblem Three Houses

I've read on some other places that some people think that the game will start out in an academy of sorts and that the MC is a teacher over there.

It's an interesting idea but depending on how your position is handled it could make certain S supports awkward. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, VincentASM said:

We waited 1 and a half years for yesterday's trailer. We can keep waiting, I think ^^;;;

Hopefully we will get some more news sooner than later (especially closer to release), but just don't expect anything soon.

I doubt it's anything to do with Heroes.

Don't forget this is the very first HD Fire Emblem, so the developers will need to work much harder. If you think about it, the last big console Fire Emblem was Radiant Dawn on the Wii a decade ago.

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Well, I realize that now.

Also, I suspect the announcement was done just to reassure us that "FEH and remakes" wasn't the future for FE moving forward, not because Three Houses was anywhere near a 2018 release, which explains the radio silence and delay to 2019...and also why we aren't seeing it on Treehouse: the trailer's probably just here because we'd riot if it wasn't.

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Also, I suspect the announcement was done just to reassure us that "FEH and remakes" wasn't the future for FE moving forward, not because Three Houses was anywhere near a 2018 release, which explains the radio silence and delay to 2019...and also why we aren't seeing it on Treehouse: the trailer's probably just here because we'd riot if it wasn't.

That makes sense. It'd also justify the sort of unpolished feel the trailer had about it.

5 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Do you guys think that the will be shown? I mean they showed off mario party and xeno 2 dlc so maybe it has a chance. I mean they are missing a huge chance to promote it here.

Both of those games are coming out this year. I don't expect to see anything more from Three Houses since the game did look pretty rough in the trailer.

20 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

I've read on some other places that some people think that the game will start out in an academy of sorts and that the MC is a teacher over there.

It's an interesting idea but depending on how your position is handled it could make certain S supports awkward. 

It'd make some sense. The Teacher gets tossed into a conflict, and gets picked by one of the houses to instruct their young lord.

Plus, nobles from different houses going to an academy isn't new for the series(Arvis and Sigurd), so using it as a plot point to launch into 3 different directions wouldn't feel too weird.

I’m not sure how to feel about this game. It’s definitely a “wait and see” sort of deal with how little was showed.

The premise has potential. Really not liking the designs so far though, they’re just so bland and similar.

Edited by SilvertheShadow

17 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Except she doesn't really look like Tiki apart from being a green-haired female manakete (and there have been a number of those), that ruined sword looks nothing like the falchion, and that ruined sword is visually identical to the whip-sword that the old guy in the trailer uses (as I noticed and pointed out some time ago). 

The child manakete being the adult manakete's daughter could be interesting, but I would be pleasantly surprised if their relation was something else, like sisters, or maybe even being one and the same person after a timeskip of some sort.

Hmm considering differences in art style, the child manakete really seems like Tiki to me.  Especially since one of the things we most know her for is sleeping for long periods of time, the fact they also show this as the last image makes it seem as maybe a nod to long time FE fans.  

17 hours ago, Alkaid said:

True, though I'd still say a few more soldiers per unit would make the scale look a bit nicer. It just looks a bit sparse to me as-is.

Yeah, I'm not comparing the scale to Total War's exactly, just I think the unit sizes we saw could use a bit of a bump to hit a better balance for scale, in my opinion. I think they're just a little too spread thin as it is. As for looking the same, they maybe could do what Total War does in that case, which is have a couple different armor/detail variations and then spread them out throughout the unit. Maybe just 3-4 types, but it makes a world of a difference even in the big 100-120 model size units in those games. It's simple but really helps with the detail. Just any variation other than the exact same model repeated would be nice to see.

Oh that does seem like a very easy and simple way to improve the look without stressing the frame rate/system too much.  

I actually like the designs we've seen so far, especially Claude's. They're simple, but still distinctive. The over-the-top, ridiculous character designs of Fates (Peri and Camilla bugged me) weren't my cup of tea. 

Edited by Sixsmith

7 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Check out the livestream, not to get hopes up but while waiting they did show off in the big screen the trailer. Does this mean sth?

i saw that 2 hours ago and hoped they show something but nothing happend...smash.....mario party...smash ...nindie ...smash mario...smash smash.....smash +chair= no emblem ( cry)

Cool. Greg Chun, the music vocal director on Super Mario Odyssey (as well as the voice of Ike, Lukas, and Ephraim), also worked on the song with Cup of Tea Productions for this game as well. 

Edited by BZL8

Interestingly when I first saw the trailer I wasn't quite as excited as I thought I'd be. After subsequent viewings however, I've started to feel more excited and positively disposed towards the game. The early world building was appreciated, and I actually quite like the new character designs for the most part (their similar designs, and the reference to the likely MU as 'teacher' gave me a military academy Final Fantasy 8 vibe which is cool). I also really liked the apparent ability to traverse what appears to be this game's version of MyCastle, seems like a great way to handle supports and social stuff as well. The only thing I'm on the rocks about is the mooks. While the notion of squad combat excites me and broadens the scope of battles, I fear it will end up detracting from the individual cool factor of specific characters and classes (will offensive skills like Luna or Lethality look nearly as impressive to execute, for example). That said, overall I'm impressed and am willing to keep an open mind. Very hungry for more info now.

#Team Edelgard: love the look, love the name

Edited by Crux
spelling

1 hour ago, Sixsmith said:

I actually like the designs we've seen so far, especially Claude's. They're simple, but still distinctive. The over-the-top, ridiculous character designs of Fates (Peri and Camilla bugged me) wasn't my cup of tea. 

I'm just happy the women in the trailer are appropriately clothed (so far). But I can agree with you that the designs are actually nice and a breath of fresh air after Fates' heaviness. 

Though, I was a little unnerved with the protagonist's design because the colors were all over the place, but on second thought, I think I should be more open about it. It does seem like the protagonist's design is based on what he (or she possibly) represents and the lords' colors. (Because of this, I'm convinced that the game will be actually about all three lords at the same time while the protagonist instructs them.)

23 hours ago, nyainou said:

If he is the MU, then I don't doubt we'll get to change his name. 

It seems "Byleth" is derived from demonology, actually.

Demon Path and Dark Path confirmed ? Let me dream !

If the MU is mute or gets a shitty personality like those before him I'm sooooo gonna name him after a demon, biblical religion thingy. Belberith. Belzebuth. Belial, Babel, Forneus. Asmodeus. Helel. Satan, Satanael and Lucifer are too classic. Loki is already taken, one time and a half, sorta Loptyr/Loptous is based on Loki and was supposed to be called just that if I remember correctly. Abel and Cain are taken too. Fenrir souds good if the the MU end up being the final boss. Oooooh, maybe Dracul from that false but pretty cool leak !

Fun thing about me, I gave Robin and Corrin different names just to spite the game and the characters themselves. I don't think that make me that petty considering what kind of characters they are. :p

On a different subject, people are talking about this sword the lady hold, but it seems more like a broken scepter to me there's no grip, no blade, no pommel, a broken gem, and it's far too huge... then again that fire guy seems to have no problem swinging a whip sword just as big and apparently similar.
I know we're talking about Fire Emblem, but I thought they took a step up after Echoes.... then again, a whip-sword is more of a whip than a sword.

Also, I finally noticed the girl on the throne, can't believe I missed her, she looks more like Young Tiki. So cute.

After watching the trailer I'm a little bit surprised. There are somethings I like, somethings I was hoping would change that took the opposite turn, and some new changes that I'm not to sure how I feel about.

What I liked is the new map design. I was pretty much expecting this because the Switch is a powerful system unlike the 3DS, and it should be able to handle things like full 3-D Map designs. I also love the new battle animations where you can actually see the other soldiers to the side, making it feel like a more natural battle, where everything and everyone are close together usually. I think the maps may even be as big as Genealogy, though I'm not sure. I don't think you can tell that from the trailer. 

The big thing that I didn't like that they have stuck with is the anime RPGness from Echoes. They didn't go opposite of Echoes, and instead went full front on it, and it just ends up looking like a bunch of other anime RPG games I've seen plenty of times, that I never really liked aesthetically. I was really hoping they wouldn't go in this direction, and I didn't even think it would happen, but they just went full frontal for that type of look. The class designs look very fantasy like as usual, and I was hoping they would make things realistic, but also cool at the same time (which yes is totally possible), but I guess Nintendo didn't see that as fit for this game. 

Some of the new changes that I'm unsure about are the new Magic, Combat Arts, and Formation options in the combat menu. I'm trying to figure exactly what each one is going to be, and I think they took the concept from Echoes. I, however, did not want an Echoes combat mechanics copy in this game because I thought it's too unnecessarily big. I liked the mores simplistic choose what you want and attack, skills, etc. Combat arts is just unnecessarily complicating what makes Fire Emblem a very fun and amazing game. Being limited is what FE a game of chess. Though I'm not sure completely about the combat system so my overall opinion on it is not negative either.

Edit: Oh and it looks like that blue haired dude might be the new MU. F*ck that.

Edited by Ae†her

10 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

So for the people that watch the treehouse livestream, is the stream coming to a close soon enough? And when does E3 end generally?

90 minutes left. We're on day 2 of 3.

Guess all the vampire FE rumors were complete nonsense, and a fake. What a surprise lol.

Edited by Ae†her

I seem to recall one leak from a while ago that said the story would involve several noble families warring with each other through several generations... I don't have the rumour handy but does anyone else remember that? I feel like it would be worthwhile rechecking it to see if there were any other details because the story description sounds pretty spot on. And iirc it was one of the few rumours that didn't mention a title for the game, so it's not like the reveal would debunk it that easily either.

1 minute ago, Book Bro said:

I seem to recall one leak from a while ago that said the story would involve several noble families warring with each other through several generations... I don't have the rumour handy but does anyone else remember that? I feel like it would be worthwhile rechecking it to see if there were any other details because the story description sounds pretty spot on. And iirc it was one of the few rumours that didn't mention a title for the game, so it's not like the reveal would debunk it that easily either.

I feel like enough "rumors" and "leaks" were thrown out there that there are bound to be a few that got it "right"