Fire Emblem Three Houses

3 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

Guess all the vampire FE rumors were complete nonsense, and a fake. What a surprise lol.

Well at least the gothic style is kinda correct. Churches are considered goth and this game is putting all the focus on the church from what we’ve seen/heard. And vampires haven’t been deconfirmed yet so it’s still a possibility, although I honestly don’t expect to see them either.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, nyainou said:

FE3H isn't on the games list for E3, so we most likely aren't going to see any gameplay. (I assume that's why you're asking p:)

Yeah, for those wondering, I would not get your hopes up. The game is several month's away from release and it's extremely likely they don't have a version of the game ready to demo.

Showing a pre-recorded trailer (like the one we saw in the E3 Direct) is a completely different beast (as in, it's much, much easier).

8 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

Guess all the vampire FE rumors were complete nonsense, and a fake. What a surprise lol.

I'm still cut we're not getting a guest appearance from Syrenne from The Last Story, lol.

7 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Well at least the gothic style is kinda correct. Churches are considered goth and this game is putting all the focus on the church from what we’ve seen/heard. And vampires haven’t been deconfirmed yet so it’s still a possibility, although I honestly don’t expect to see them either.

The rumors made the game sound was if it were more heavily based around vampires, and that clearly isn't the case as we can see. It never made any sense to begin with.

5 minutes ago, HJHolon said:

I'm still cut we're not getting a guest appearance from Syrenne from The Last Story, lol.

I'm not sure about how that relates to the new FE.

Yeah, for those wondering, I would not get your hopes up. The game is several month's away from release and it's extremely likely they don't have a version of the game ready to demo.

Showing a pre-recorded trailer (like the one we saw in the E3 Direct) is a completely different beast (as in, it's much, much easier).

Does that mean they still have time to scrap everything and startover?

Edited by Ae†her

2 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

I'm not sure about how that relates to the new FE.

One of the "leaked character designs" was just a copy and paste of Syrenne's concept art.

Well being an optimist is my thing and as a certain marthcina says in heroes "hope never will never die". Well they are showing off almost every game that was in the direct so there is a small to tiny chance. And second this treehouse ain't so bad, like they even announced a new octopath demo which is very neat.

I'm conflicted. I'm leaning towards #TeamDimitri because he reminds me of Gizel Godwin from Suikoden V. But #TeamClaude is also there. And he's so adorable. I might honestly flip a coin if choosing between them all is necessary. or i might just go with edelgard becuz i love me some axe ladies

On localization, though. The trailer is in English as were in-game menus. Was the trailer for SoV in English? And, if it was, do you guys think this might perhaps affect how soon the game comes out next year?

Edited by saisymbolic

3 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

On localization, though. The trailer is in English as were in-game menus. Was the trailer for SoV in English? And, if it was, do you guys think this might perhaps affect how soon the game comes out next year?

I'm not sure which trailer you are referring to. Is it the Fire Emblem direct one (the one from January 2017)? If yes, the trailer for SoV was not in English. And the game was released a month after the Japanese release. I think Japanese and WW release will be exact or close. It'd be really nice if it has the same since it seems both trailers for the game seemed to point at the same window.

People talked about how the characters look Persona-ish, but they looked like Trails characters to me. Dimitri in particular reminded me of Jusis + Colonel Richard and Claude could as well be Gaius' son or brother. I really dig this new artstyle, regardless. Judging from their looks and presentation, I'd probably go with the girl whose name I forgot*, then Claude, then Dimitri.

I hope Treehouse does a better job at localizing the game this time. In any case, I hope I won't miss the standards Awakening and SoV set for FE localizations.

* speaking of her, doesn't her hair slightly look like the queen figure on the trailer? It has a similar color tone, imo. Maybe she's her heir?

11 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

I'm conflicted. I'm leaning towards #TeamDimitri because he reminds me of Gizel Godwin from Suikoden V. But #TeamClaude is also there. And he's so adorable. I might honestly flip a coin if choosing between them all is necessary. or i might just go with edelgard becuz i love me some axe ladies

The SoV trailer of the english version of the FE direct was not in English. Also you made a really good point since we did get english Dub here so the release is likely not far in the Spring of 2019 and probably close to the JP release.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

4 minutes ago, Aera said:

I'm not sure which trailer you are referring to. Is it the Fire Emblem direct one (the one from January 2017)? If yes, the trailer for SoV was not in English. And the game was released a month after the Japanese release. I think Japanese and WW release will be exact or close. It'd be really nice if it has the same since it seems both trailers for the game seemed to point at the same window.

Just now, Blade Lord Lyn said:

The SoV trailer of the english version of the FE direct was not in English. Also you made a really good point since we did get english Dub so the release is likely not far in the Spring.

I honestly don't know about or can't remember any of the trailers. So I just referred to any trailer as "the trailer for SoV." Sorry about that.

But yeah, this was my point. I was wondering if maybe because we have English footage, localization is already in progress and could possibly affect the release date. It'll likely be after the Japanese release date but it may be sooner than we think, which would be nice.

14 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

I honestly don't know about or can't remember any of the trailers. So I just referred to any trailer as "the trailer for SoV." Sorry about that.

But yeah, this was my point. I was wondering if maybe because we have English footage, localization is already in progress and could possibly affect the release date. It'll likely be after the Japanese release date but it may be sooner than we think, which would be nice.

I think this game will have a Worldwide release instead of Japanese first. I don't know who's going to localize this game but considering that Xenoblade 2 got a Worldwide release despite it being massive and having tons of text and VA and that Heroes also has simultaneous releases in both Japanese/English every two weeks or so it's not that farfetched to assume that this game will follow suit.

2 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

I think this game will have a Worldwide release instead of Japanese first. I don't know who's going to localize this game but considering that Xenoblade 2 got a Worldwide release despite it being massive and having tons of text and VA and that Heroes also has simultaneous releases in both Japanese/English every two weeks or so it's not that farfetched to assume that this game will follow suit.

That's why I feel the Dub and already having english text is pointing towards that.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

Man the live ain't worth it I mean not that I am expecting to see anything FEish but they only show smash! I know it is ninty's main title this year but still. Show us some other games not only smash! Pokemon, teniss, octo- expansion & path, mario party, xeno 2 dlc not only smash. Btw after looking more closely to the dragon loli it resembles me more lisa than Tiki or Nowi.

27 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Man the live ain't worth it I mean not that I am expecting to see anything FEish but they only show smash! I know it is ninty's main title this year but still. Show us some other games not only smash! Pokemon, teniss, octo- expansion & path, mario party, xeno 2 dlc not only smash. Btw after looking more closely to the dragon loli it resembles me more lisa than Tiki or Nowi.

We got a lot of tennis today, hopefully they'll collect the footage and publish it later. The Nairo vs ZeRo match was pretty hype! I think I actually want the game now ?

Hm, talking about the false leak I might want to name my MU Alucard ! Or Arikado. Or Genya. Or Gabriel. Or Trevor. Or Simon. Or Victor. Or Soma. Or Julius. Or.Sonia. Gabriel is a pretty cool name now that I look at it.

Since people are playing the team game, I'll play too, TeamEdelgard because Axe Lord ,I repeat Axe Lord, and that she look like a puppy who wants the attention of my perfect teachering self, and that's, that's hilarious and have no price. And she have a great voice. And she is a Axe Lord. An Archer Lord who can atack at close range seems pretty good

1 minute ago, B.Leu said:

TeamEdelgard because Axe Lord ,I repeat Axe Lord, and that she look like a puppy who wants the attention of my perfect teachering self, and that's, that's hilarious and have no price. And she have a great voice. And she is a Axe Lord. An Archer Lord who can atack at close range seems pretty good

Don't forget female Axe Lord.  Mmm, yeah.

2 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

Hm, talking about the false leak I might want to name my MU Alucard ! Or Arikado. Or Genya. Or Gabriel. Or Trevor. Or Simon. Or Victor. Or Soma. Or Julius. Or.Sonia. Gabriel is a pretty cool name now that I look at it.

Follow in the footsteps of the Castlevania animation and call yourself "Trevor ****ing Belmont".

1 minute ago, ProfImpossible said:

Maybe so, maybe so. Perhaps there is a fourth house... it was inside you all along.

The Fifth House was the friends we made along the way, and the Sixth House, well...

Wait, wrong universe.

It does seem like that having those specific three houses out of 21 (maybe) as a plot point is important to the development of the story? I wonder if that separation that the lord was alluding to is when all of them are separated from the teacher.

1 minute ago, Aera said:

It does seem like that having those specific three houses out of 21 (maybe) as a plot point is important to the development of the story? I wonder if that separation that the lord was alluding to is when all of them are separated from the teacher.

Maybe there are countries in the greyed-out sections of the map that use some of the other symbols?

I'm #teamclaude I guess, because people are choosing sides, edgelord (can't for the life of me remember how its spelt) has no armor and may as well not be wearing those tights, also the shorts are ugly and offer no tactical advantage in combat, she also looks dead and not due to the lack or proper legwear slicing a major artery killing her in under 3 minutes, and other guy's haircut was botched up bad, you can't have bangs longer than the rest of your hair, that is almost as bad as no bangs and not buzzed outright, also not digging the black and blue color scheme, he is just asking to get beat up so his face looks like the rest of him, my recommendation, darken the cape to a much darker tone or wear brighter armor.

watch me get the guys names mixed up, in which case I seriously can't remember the name.

claude... I guess, is the only one who looks like he has a shred of life in him and has a ok color scheme, I am indifferent to his earing, it still offers no tactical advantage in armed combat and only serves as a weak point in hand to hand combat.

also, axes are for savages, brigands, and country bumpkins, and people who have yet to see the light of our god kaga.

Ya know, I'm also kind of sad we've taken a departure from white-haired MUs. I really enjoyed that design aspect. Though I suppose having two MCs sharing a hair color could spark theories about their relations (even though it could quickly become invalid if we get to pick Byleth's hair color).

I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but, if you look at this image from the trailer, the knight/soldier on the very left, and another to the right of the green-haired lady, is clearly using a rapier. Unfortunately, I can't place the image here for some reason, but seriously; it's the 18th screenshot in the Images and Videos section of this site's Fire Emblem Three Houses page. Does this mean that rapiers are back; this time as a weapon anyone can use?