Fire Emblem Three Houses

On 6/12/2018 at 7:24 PM, alatartheblue42 said:

0:38 "It's time to measure your worth as an instructor" -> Uses axe against a sword dude. (sure, they might not have a weapon triangle here from the looks of things, but I still found that silly upon first viewing)

Something I laughed about on my first viewing also; but I think they chose this specifically. If you watch through the trailer you'll notice that none of the characters actually kill any units. My guess is that the KO animations and surrounding visuals aren't done, or they just didn't want them in the trailer, so they purposely make Edelgard not kill the unit.

I'm keeping an open mindset. I encourage IS to continuously try to improve their work, so if they try new things with battle formations, extra units around main ones, etc. I'm all for it. The only thing I genuinely don't like is the cut scenes look choppy and uninteresting; I was hoping for some Fates-tier work, but these look low budget. Not at all what I expected for FE's return to home console.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, MetalAmethyst said:

8-4 Play? What's that? Refresh my memory.

They localized SoV. Tree House did Fates. Since everybody seemed to like SoV's localization, they were all hoping 8-4 would do 3H.

Edited by nyainou

2 minutes ago, MetalAmethyst said:

8-4 Play? What's that? Refresh my memory.

I think they localized SoV

not gonna lie I too am concerned about this, they could be lying, but we should probably just assume truth for the time being.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

1 minute ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Probably Treehouse.

Reveal hidden contents

I honestly feel like Treehouse was handed already shoddy work when it came to Fates. The story and writing would be as bad as it was regardless of anything they did. The story got so much backlash that I think we can cross our fingers and hope they learned from their mistakes. I'd like to have faith 3H won't be as bad.

1 minute ago, MetalAmethyst said:

Ah, I see. Wait, if they're not the ones localizing the game, then who is?..

could be anyone, maybe treehouse, maybe someone we've never heard of, I personally don't think fates had the most robust of localizations, but I think it is better to hope for the best and think that they can learn from any backlash. Assuming they are localising 3H, like I said could be someone else altogether.

at least it will be easier than ever to get the japanese version, it will be like having two versions, one which is fully featured and has a better script in theory and another that is worse in every regard but at least you can read.

1 minute ago, nyainou said:

I honestly feel like Treehouse was handed already shoddy work when it came to Fates. The story and writing would be as bad as it was regardless of anything they did. The story got so much backlash that I think we can cross our fingers and hope they learned from their mistakes. I'd like to have faith 3H won't be as bad.

This game does look like it'll be a bit more serious than Fates.  Hopefully Treehouse will approach it appropriately if they really are the ones localizing Three Houses.

8-4 localized Awakening too I think. Please don’t let Tree House be the one to localize this. Fates script was atrocious sure but they still managed to make it worse. I mean to be fair, I think Tree House also did PoR an RD and it seems like no one minds those.

7 minutes ago, nyainou said:

even though they weren't working with the best possible script, they still could have done a better job, removing content, regardless of feeling towards it, is never a good sign and no one likes feeling like they got the shaft because they live in the wrong country.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

1 minute ago, thecrimsonflash said:

even though they weren't working with the best possible script, they still could have done a better job, removing content is, regardless of feeling towards it, never a good sign and no one likes feeling like they got the shaft because they live in the wrong country.

If you're talking about skinship, wouldn't that have been Nintendo of America's decision, instead of Treehouse's? They have to do what their boss says. I think there was a statement made on it but its been years and I don't quite recall who it came from. 

Just now, nyainou said:

If you're talking about skinship, wouldn't that have been Nintendo of America's decision, instead of Treehouse's? They have to do what their boss says. I think there was a statement made on it but its been years and I don't quite recall who it came from. 

Regardless, the saizo beruka c support isn't the most inspiring thing as to writing quality, especially given the original, that was shameful.

Hope Treehouse goes easy on the memes and modern slang.

Anyway, about the lords... I find something to be excited about for each of them. Edelgard looks like a badass woman, a type of lord we've never really had before unless we count Lyn, but something about Edelgard's portrait and lines in the trailer makes me think she'll be much more like Hector/Ike compared to Lyn's more calm personality. Dimitri is the least interesting at first glance but he strikes me as a Camus, and to have that archetype or something similar as one of the lords is an interesting choice. Plus, he uses lances. We can always use more lance lords. And Claude is dark skinned which hopefully means the country/area he hails from will have a different flavour to it than the typical FE kingdoms. It's nice to see a main character like him after 16 games. He's also the first lord to mainly use a bow, since Takumi isn't technically one. 

I'm also thinking that, contrary to expectations, the woman we see at the beginning of the trailer will be an enemy as part of the church, and the whip sword guy will be on our side.

Edited by Book Bro

Just now, thecrimsonflash said:

Regardless, the saizo beruka c support isn't the most inspiring thing as to writing quality, especially given the original, that was shameful.

I admit there were small changes like that which I didn't like (*cough* messing up Niles' characterization and development *cough*), but like I said, lots of backlash happened. I'd be really surprised (and miffed!) if they didn't listen to allllllll the feedback they got.

Woah Three quote ? Badass.

3 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Don't forget female Axe Lord.  Mmm, yeah.

Oh yeah. Forgot about that part.

3 hours ago, HJHolon said:

Follow in the footsteps of the Castlevania animation and call yourself "Trevor ****ing Belmont".

Ahah that meme !

Though, I could always call him Adrian Fahrenheit Tepes.... Ahah, that name.

2 hours ago, ProfImpossible said:

Maybe so, maybe so. Perhaps there is a fourth house... it was inside you all along.

Maybe I was the fourth house the entire time !... Which is kinda what Inde path was... erm.
Just saying, but f I can betray my latest employer, the Empire after getting a legendary sword that I'm supposed to wield for them, I'll laugh.

About Treehouse doing... Three houses... good grief, it's just now that I realize that... and how  the name is kind of a mouthful... I'm sorta of the team that believe that the localizations of Fates was bad, because Fates was... let's be polite and shorten it by saying 'all over the place'. So if Three Houses really is a good game with a minimum of seriousness, self-respect, respect for consumer, good writing and work put into it, I believe there's not much to fear writing wise. IS was also at fault, like, where can you even start with the bad things in Fates ?

Not saying it was perfect. Hello Saizo/Beruka Support. Feel free to post more example cuz I'm tired. But hey, we had the Shiro recruitment that was better than the original. It's not all black and white.

I just realized I was kinda playing the devil's advocate without realizing. Weird.

2 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Hope Treehouse goes easy on the memes and modern slang.

Anyway, about the lords... I find something to be excited about for each of them. Edelgard looks like a badass woman, a type of lord we've never really had before unless we count Lyn, but something about Edelgard's portrait and lines in the trailer makes me think she'll be much more like Hector/Ike compared to Lyn's more calm personality. Dimitri is the least interesting at first glance but he strikes me as a Camus, and to have that archetype or something similar as one of the lords is an interesting choice. Plus, he uses lances. We can always use more lance lords. And Claude is dark skinned which hopefully means the country/area he hails from will have a different flavour to it than the typical FE kingdoms. It's nice to see a main character like him after 16 games. He's also the first lord to mainly use a bow, since Takumi isn't technically one. 

I'm also thinking that, contrary to expectations, the woman we see at the beginning of the trailer will be an enemy as part of the church, and the whip sword guy will be on our side.

but if there are no memes it'll get low scores

6/10 - "not enough jimmies rustled, but we liked the bribe" - ign

4/10 - "spaget not touched" - gamespot

0.5/5 - "not verbose enough" - giant bomb

1/5 - "groans of increasing discomfort" - polygon

3 hours ago, HJHolon said:

The Fifth House was the friends we made along the way, and the Sixth House, well...

Wait, wrong universe.

Hm, I seem to have accidentally made a reference again.

15 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

Maybe I was the fourth house the entire time !... Which is kinda what Inde path was... erm.
Just saying, but f I can betray my latest employer, the Empire after getting a legendary sword that I'm supposed to wield for them, I'll laugh.

There's gonna be a magician named Jessica too, I'm calling it.

Ha, I feel like I'm the only one whose totally indifferent to the idea of Treehouse being the localizer! Sure, it wasn't the best, but I still think that the entire localization fiasco regarding Fates was completely overblown and the only really egregious thing was the deletion of the Saizo x Beruka C-rank, but hey that's just me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Even then, I highly doubt NoA and Treehouse are stupid and deaf to the community as a whole. They're probably aware of the Western fanbase's response to Fates's controversial localization so the possibility of receiving another localization on par with Fates is unlikely, especially if IS isn't stupid and handles Three Houses with more tact.

Also, there's always the possibility that Treehouse isn't even localizing FETH, but another studio entirely. Until any confirmation is put out there, everything is just speculation.

29 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

Ha, I feel like I'm the only one whose totally indifferent to the idea of Treehouse being the localizer! Sure, it wasn't the best, but I still think that the entire localization fiasco regarding Fates was completely overblown and the only really egregious thing was the deletion of the Saizo x Beruka C-rank, but hey that's just me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Even then, I highly doubt NoA and Treehouse are stupid and deaf to the community as a whole. They're probably aware of the Western fanbase's response to Fates's controversial localization so the possibility of receiving another localization on par with Fates is unlikely, especially if IS isn't stupid and handles Three Houses with more tact.

Also, there's always the possibility that Treehouse isn't even localizing FETH, but another studio entirely. Until any confirmation is put out there, everything is just speculation.

They are aware. Monster Hunter's localization team even mocked them for it in a magazine, meaning, publicly. I also think the issue with treehouse was blown out of proportion, except for Saizo x Beruka C support, and Keaton x Velouria (recluitment dialogue, I think it was...), which got me very mad. But some characters were given a better personality, like Forrest.

In any case, they definitely know to be careful now, in case they truly are localizing Three Houses.

1 hour ago, Book Bro said:

.We saw plenty of soldiers around Claude and all of them was blond caucasian so obviously he just happen like sunbathing.

BTW Definitely team Eldelgard. She knows the Truth: there is nothing that can't be solved by hitting it with axe.

Edited by Tenzen12

Why are you guys scared of treehouse localizing the game? Do you realize that treehouse has been Nintendo in house localization for like since NoA started or atleast during the GameCube era?

God man, why does everyone hate treehouse?