Fire Emblem Three Houses

19 hours ago, Harvey said:

I don't know about that since people always bash at me for giving any criticism towards fe6...just saying.

You're free to have an opinion.  But your opinion isn't really rooted in fact (no I'm not bringing up examples in this topic), hence why you get flak for it.

In other words, you can have an opinion, and others can have an opinion on your opinion.

13 hours ago, Hekselka said:

I've read on some other places that some people think that the game will start out in an academy of sorts and that the MC is a teacher over there.

It's an interesting idea but depending on how your position is handled it could make certain S supports awkward. 

Cliche?  Somewhat.  But I'll wait for more information.

10 hours ago, Ae†her said:

Edit: Oh and it looks like that blue haired dude might be the new MU. F*ck that.

I didn't know you were into those sorts of guys! :P:

9 hours ago, saisymbolic said:

I'm conflicted. I'm leaning towards #TeamDimitri because he reminds me of Gizel Godwin from Suikoden V. But #TeamClaude is also there. And he's so adorable. I might honestly flip a coin if choosing between them all is necessary. or i might just go with edelgard becuz i love me some axe ladies

On localization, though. The trailer is in English as were in-game menus. Was the trailer for SoV in English? And, if it was, do you guys think this might perhaps affect how soon the game comes out next year?

I don't get a Gizel vibe from Dimitri at all. . .but I also don't get Euram vibes, so hooray?

2 hours ago, Harvey said:

Why are you guys scared of treehouse localizing the game? Do you realize that treehouse has been Nintendo in house localization for like since NoA started or atleast during the GameCube era?

God man, why does everyone hate treehouse?

I still haven't forgiven Treehouse for what they did to Izana.  But we don't know who's doing it, so it's all speculation.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, Pegasus Knight said:

so i guess full voice acting isnt back? such a shame echoes actors did a fantastic job bringing the characters to life

If looking at the trailer, it isn't confirmed that full VA will be implemented. To b honest though, it seem too early to tell. ? 

1 hour ago, Ririn said:

If looking at the trailer, it isn't confirmed that full VA will be implemented. To b honest though, it seem too early to tell. ? 

I agree. How would you even tell considering the entire trailer was voiced over.

15 hours ago, Slumber said:

It'd make some sense. The Teacher gets tossed into a conflict, and gets picked by one of the houses to instruct their young lord.

Plus, nobles from different houses going to an academy isn't new for the series(Arvis and Sigurd), so using it as a plot point to launch into 3 different directions wouldn't feel too weird.

True. It would be pretty neat and new if we were a teacher to the lords but I'm just scared that they'll use the teacher position for more my unit pandering. 

7 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

8-4 localized Awakening too I think. Please don’t let Tree House be the one to localize this. Fates script was atrocious sure but they still managed to make it worse. I mean to be fair, I think Tree House also did PoR an RD and it seems like no one minds those.

They messed up RD's difficulty and cut the extended script. Also no Maniac mode for PoR.

Honestly, when I saw the battle-sequence's gameplay, it's not a Fire Emblem anymore since a character bring his/her own squads. Well, technically it becomes more realistic since it is a war-theme games from the start, but... it's not a Fire Emblem anymore. Perhaps it will be much better if IS gave the 3H a brand new title and not Fire Emblem.

The character/unit stats shall be HP, Ld, Str, Mag, Skl, Spd, Lck, Def, Res, and Mov. Ld : leadership, max troopers that the unit can bring / handle. (Ref.: Langrisser)

1 hour ago, jake72002 said:

Fourth route: Byleth betrays everyone to unite them against himself. Byleth is a demon's name after all..... ?????

They already took the idea of squads from Langrisser, so why not?

1 minute ago, illegal knight said:

Honestly, when I saw the battle-sequence's gameplay, it's not a Fire Emblem anymore since a character bring his/her own squads. Well, technically it becomes more realistic since it is a war-theme games from the start, but... it's not a Fire Emblem anymore. Perhaps it will be much better if IS gave the 3H a brand new title and not Fire Emblem.

That is an incredibly extreme assumption,.

Gaiden and Echoes featured dungeon exploration more akin to Zelda games yet there's minimal criticism on their part for being different to the standard.

In that respect it's the same here. They're trying new things so that the series doesn't get stale. People have criticized Pokémon for hardly changing (and also for changing...) so what happens if Fire Emblem falls into the pit of "same shit, different day"?

I don't see the squads having a major impact on the core FE gameplay. With battle animations turned off, I'm sure we would never even see them. With how great the map animations look, I will probably turn the battle animations off before too long.

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

I still haven't forgiven Treehouse for what they did to Izana.  But we don't know who's doing it, so it's all speculation.

It doesn't matter if it's speculation or not. Point is that people are so terrified about treehouse localizing the game to which I say quit it.

If treehouse is to localize it, we all should be happy that we get it to the west. Cribbing about better localization at this point is more or less Nintendo deciding that and not treehouse. If I recall, they were the ones responsible for releasing fe7 overseas..a game that got us to fire emblem.

Besides, treehouse has been localizing games ever since Nintendo started making consoles. With that level of experience, unless treehouse has other games to work on, why should Nintendo toss them out in favor of 8-4? That just makes it all the more disrespectful to not just treehouse but to Nintendo as well.

They already took the idea of squads from Langrisser, so why not?

if you ask me, I see it as an advance wars mechanic and nothing else.

Edited by Harvey

8 hours ago, SageOfAnys said:

Ha, I feel like I'm the only one whose totally indifferent to the idea of Treehouse being the localizer! Sure, it wasn't the best, but I still think that the entire localization fiasco regarding Fates was completely overblown and the only really egregious thing was the deletion of the Saizo x Beruka C-rank, but hey that's just me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also the fact that 8-4 did basically everything in Awakening that NOA did in Fates; honestly, to me it's plain hypocritical to act like one is better or worse than the other. Sazio and Beruka's C is every bit as bad as 8-4 having Walhart repeatedly threatening to kill Morgan in their parent/child supports to me.

7 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

It's how they completely butchered Fates' localization. They changed dialogue in a way that original script was heavily altered and characters were altered in a way that they didn't mesh with their portrayal in the Japanese version. There are things to nitpick about such as Arthur's name (the letter H on his belt being the initial for his real name Harold) among many others

Very few characters had any actual alterations; people raise a stink about Effie and Hisame, yet that's entirely confined to certain voicelines.

But it seems in general expecting people to act rationally here is simply too much.

4 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Sazio and Beruka's C is every bit as bad as 8-4 having Walhart repeatedly threatening to kill Morgan in their parent/child supports to me.

But that was the highlight of Walhart's characterization :^_^:

I don't really judge Treehouse for Fates' localisation. I myself didn't have much trouble with it but people should also take into account they were just given a horrible product to work with. There was no chance any localisator could have properly handled extremely weird concepts like skinship or Soleil. 

5 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

But that was the highlight of Walhart's characterization :^_^:

I don't really judge Treehouse for Fates' localisation. I myself didn't have much trouble with it but people should also take into account they were just given a horrible product to work with. There was no chance any localisator could have properly handled extremely weird concepts like skinship or Soleil. 

Skinship itself was controversial among the devs and a forced compromise between nothing and full upper-body groping. That and other removals likely mandated from Nintendo itself, which wouldn't have changed regardless of who localized it.

8-4 may as well be NOA and vice versa to me; the hypocrisy bothers me infinitely more than any actually alterations, to be perfectly honest.

Soleil was anchored within a Japanese concept of teenage girls "dating" other girls as practice for dating guys... or something. Either way, it was a super Japanese concept that simply wouldn't translate anywhere else.

Anyways, what I came here to post in the first place: an artist comparision.

gramz9d1yt311.png?width=795&height=968

Completely ignoring the fact that Soejima is an Atlus employee and almost certainly wouldn't be attached to an outside project, Chinatsu's overall style is far closer, with similar eyes, noses, and overall coloration.

Edited by The DanMan

1 hour ago, illegal knight said:

The character/unit stats shall be HP, Ld, Str, Mag, Skl, Spd, Lck, Def, Res, and Mov. Ld : leadership, max troopers that the unit can bring / handle. (Ref.: Langrisser)

I agree. If a game ever makes even a single change then they should just make it a completely separate franchise. This is why the only true game franchise is NHL by EA, as its just a glorified roster update.

This TOTALLY wasn't sarcasm

1 hour ago, Light Strategist said:

People have criticized Pokémon for hardly changing (and also for changing...) 

Ahh, I was one of 'People'.....

If Treehouse is the one localizing Three Houses, then I'm torn: on the one hand, they somehow made Fates even worse in a lot of areas. On the other hand, they seriously improved a lot of Path of Radiance (I've heard that Ike and Elincia's interactions come off as somewhat flat and robotic in the Japanese version), and I think Radiant Dawn was kept almost completely the same. So, I guess I'll be hoping for the best (Path of Radiance) and preparing for the worst (Fates). 

I guess what I'm saying is, at Treehouse's best, they can breathe life into dialogue and character that was previously lifeless. At their worst, it's a meme-fest. Since I've seen a lot of people saying that they're getting something of a Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn vibe from the trailer for Three Houses, hopefully it's the former. 

4 minutes ago, immatx said:

I agree. If a game ever makes even a single change then they should just make it a completely separate franchise. This is why the only true game franchise is NHL by EA, as its just a glorified roster update.

This TOTALLY wasn't sarcasm

More seriously, I'm okay with change as long as it doesn't alter the core experience.

Though Awakening and Fates have different bells and whistles, they're fundamentally similar to what came before in the gameplay department.

But to use an opposing example, Monster Hunter World lost the distinctive combat rhythm of previous installments and had a ton of running around/downtime, which ended up making the game feel a lot more spastically paced and very different overall.

20 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Hide contents

Completely ignoring the fact that Soejima is an Atlus employee and almost certainly wouldn't be attached to an outside project, Chinatsu's overall style is far closer, with similar eyes, noses, and overall coloration.

Yeah, if it's really Chinatsu, she does very good job ripping off emulating Soejima. 

Thank goodness.

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

Good points. It is indeed more similar to Chinatsu's style now that I saw the side to side comparison. Either way, I personally like it. 

Edited by Ririn
Added "that"

Everyone is beating on the generic squads and I understand that but maybe they are gonna do it like Eiyuu Senki where the "heroes" are just the captains of the full unit of soldier and are just the figure head of them on the map

i'm not reading 29 pages, so i may accidentally repeat someone else's thought

btw, i liked the trailer (and the music is amazing, even though that "techno" (don't kill me if that's not techno, i'm not an expert) track reminded me of tms#fe and this scares me a lot, not to mention that strange doll that appeared at a certain point, i think it has nothing to do with the general aesthetics of the game, that reminds me of a late renaissance)

honestly, the only things i actually disliked are those "formations", they looked to me like discount Z moves, and i fear that they could make the game easier, even though they could balance it by making the enemy able to make formations as well (maybe it's already possible and we just don't know yet)

but it's too soon to judge, i'll have to wait and see more

i want to distance myself from this trailer: i loved the very first fates trailer, then i ended up really disappointed after playing the game, so i don't want this to happen again

5 hours ago, jake72002 said:

Fourth route: Byleth betrays everyone to unite them against himself. Byleth is a demon's name after all..... ?????

But Daaaaaaaaad I want to be evil slash judge everyone as dumb, hypocrite and or evil and win.

2 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Skinship itself was controversial among the devs and a forced compromise between nothing and full upper-body groping. That and other removals likely mandated from Nintendo itself, which wouldn't have changed regardless of who localized it.

8-4 may as well be NOA and vice versa to me; the hypocrisy bothers me infinitely more than any actually alterations, to be perfectly honest.

Soleil was anchored within a Japanese concept of teenage girls "dating" other girls as practice for dating guys... or something. Either way, it was a super Japanese concept that simply wouldn't translate anywhere else.

Anyways, what I came here to post in the first place: an artist comparision.

Reveal hidden contents

It still of boggle my mind that the basic was groping, as if 'skinship', aka petting or touching, wasn't enough, I know there is probably cultural difference and all in there... but to heck with this, what was wrong with them ? That's what I was mentioning when I talked about a 'minimum of self respect and respect for consumers'.

On a more serious note,, no noooooo get ways that Persona from my Fire Emblem, nooo, I don't want deus ex machina, broken aesop, tropes, social commentaries that goes nowhere nooooo.
(Surprise it was a less serious note.)

It pretty resembling though.

29 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Well we can only hope the opposite can happen here disappointing trailer but good game... right?

I thought this trailer was a lot better than the initial Awakening and Fates ones. It seemed to have a lot more depth and showed more than 1 gameplay mechanic when it wasn't showing cutscenes.