Fire Emblem Three Houses

8 hours ago, eclipse said:

I didn't know you were into those sorts of guys! :P:

Omae wa mou shindieru.

In a more serious note the MU seems like an appeal to Robin since he's a teacher who has a lot of tactical and combat knowledge to help other with. That could mean he is also connected to the plot in some big way, or he's not and is a more freer MU. 

So he/she may not be that bad...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

On a more serious note,, no noooooo get ways that Persona from my Fire Emblem, nooo, I don't want deus ex machina, broken aesop, tropes, social commentaries that goes nowhere nooooo.
(Surprise it was a less serious note.)

Like FE hasn't always been tropey and predictable with its deus/diablo ex machinas, broken aesops, and an entire duelogy with fantasy racism as a plot point that you're hit over the head with.

37 minutes ago, immatx said:

I thought this trailer was a lot better than the initial Awakening and Fates ones. It seemed to have a lot more depth and showed more than 1 gameplay mechanic when it wasn't showing cutscenes.

The trailer, in terms of how much it showed, is about on-par with Fates' trailer; I think the issue is it's using SoV's faux 2D/choppy 3D without shadows cutscenes a la Berserk 2016 and other 3D anime trying to look 2D-- whereas Awakening and Fates had mocapped FMVs that were far more visually impressive. So there's far less spectacle to the trailer overall.

6 hours ago, Hekselka said:

They messed up RD's difficulty and cut the extended script. Also no Maniac mode for PoR.

Ah I see. I only knew about them dumbing down the difficulty and the added romance between Elincia and Ike in PoR.

————————————

I’ve been thinking about that scene where they show Byleth wandering around in what seems to be this games version of My Castle, but then I thought that wouldn’t it be strange to have a My Castle in this game?

I mean in Fire Emblems the player is always on the move and doesn’t have time to constantly go back and forth between to a stable base. The reason it worked in Fates is because of Outrealm shenanigans and I doubt they would do that again for this game.

Maybe it was a place that’s considered a dungeon instead? Or there’s some sort of open world exploration in Three Houses? Those would certainly be neat.

The only way I could see a My Castle pulled off is if the My Castle changes often to reflect where you currently are which is something I could definitely see happening and wouldn’t mind either.

12 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I’ve been thinking about that scene where they show Byleth wandering around in what seems to be this games version of My Castle, but then I thought that wouldn’t it be strange to have a My Castle in this game?

I mean in Fire Emblems the player is always on the move and doesn’t have time to constantly go back and forth between to a stable base. The reason it worked in Fates is because of Outrealm shenanigans and I doubt they would do that again for this game.

Maybe it was a place that’s considered a dungeon instead? Or there’s some sort of open world exploration in Three Houses? Those would certainly be neat.

The only way I could see a My Castle pulled off is if the My Castle changes often to reflect where you currently are which is something I could definitely see happening and wouldn’t mind either.

A changing My Castle would be cool. Interacting with the villagers in whatever town you temporarily set up base in. Another thing I could see happening is if one kingdom is your home base. The game starts out where you're just doing training missions and returning home before the plot kicks in.

4 minutes ago, Pegasus Knight said:

someone said that the artist is Shigenori Soejima... is that true?

No. Soejima is the artist for Persona and likely wouldn't have time to illustrate a full game for another company.

4 minutes ago, Pegasus Knight said:

someone said that the artist is Shigenori Soejima... is that true?

It's all but impossible for it to be him, as he's an Atlus employee. More likely:

gramz9d1yt311.png?width=795&height=968

What I don't understand is why they didn't keep the 4 season title for english that sounds so cool. 

i'm very excited for this game. to be fair I totally accept my FE "everything is so amazing just because it's FE" shawl proudly. I think the one aspect i like is the one that it's you and some troops vs. them and some troops

30 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Ah I see. I only knew about them dumbing down the difficulty and the added romance between Elincia and Ike in PoR.

————————————

what I would like is a base like the tellius games, it changes after most battles, but with the graphics of my castle, walk up to units and talk to them, go buy stuff at the local store, return to your tent to manage the army finances, stuff like that, they could probably even get away with reusing assets for previous maps if they want to, have a few copy paste tents to make the army have more presence.

18 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

what I would like is a base like the tellius games, it changes after most battles, but with the graphics of my castle, walk up to units and talk to them, go buy stuff at the local store, return to your tent to manage the army finances, stuff like that, they could probably even get away with reusing assets for previous maps if they want to, have a few copy paste tents to make the army have more presence.

That would be great. Although it might be hard to implement, as for every chapter you may have to once again find where everything is. 

Even just the return of base conversations from Path of Radiance would be great; especially the three-star system that indicated the importance of each base conversation (if I recall correctly: 1 star was a bit of story and character, 2 star was a useful hint about the coming chapter, and 3 was a new item or character). If they combine this with the MyCastle system, then they could have the stars appear above the person's head, or beside the conversation select. 

Edited by vanguard333

okay..the thrailer show us only  a fight...a little bit story...a little characters...i think if threehouse dont show us smthing then we have a little fire emblem direct later. e3 day 3 is on and they show us nothing.....but why is the release on spring 2019?  on finalcial info they said its on 2018.

1 minute ago, senior firehood said:

okay..the thrailer show us only  a fight...a little bit story...a little characters...i think if threehouse dont show us smthing then we have a little fire emblem direct later. e3 day 3 is on and they show us nothing.....but why is the release on spring 2019?  on finalcial info they said its on 2018.

Sometimes games just get delayed. From the trailer the game doesn't look very good/polished so I imagine those two factors are related. There's no way we'll see anything extra at E3.

11 minutes ago, senior firehood said:

It's worth noting that Japan's fiscal year goes into late March, so part of me wonders if that has something to do with it.

But that only leaves about a 1-2 week window between March 20th and March 31st for FETH to both technically be a spring game, and a "2018" game.

Edited by Slumber

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

Like FE hasn't always been tropey and predictable with its deus/diablo ex machinas, broken aesops, and an entire duelogy with fantasy racism as a plot point that you're hit over the head with.

What I said was more or less meant to be a joke but... I dunno man, beside Fates and Awakening, they all did a better job with those things than Persona 4, 5. Handled it better too.

Though, the racism is Tellius duology really doesn't get anywhere at the end of the game(s), which is too bad. Saying "Racism is bad" is all nice and dandy, but if no solutions are given or if the problems are solved 'just like that' for no true reasons, it's cheap and bad writing. Reminiscing of what Persona 4, 5 did... except they commented on a a bigger can of worms, society as a whole, without true solution (othen than, you know brainwashing), and the cinematic fight.

10 minutes ago, Slumber said:

It's worth noting that Japan's fiscal year goes into late March, so part of me wonders if that has something to do with it.

But that only leaves about a 1-2 week window between March 20th and March 31st for FETH to both technically be a spring game, and a "2018" game.

but do you think they do something with the graphic? the graphic for me is awful and i hope they do a little upgrade about it

Ok..I didn't mention some of the things that I did like here.

First off, the song is really awesome! Hopefully, that becomes available extended. 

As for characters...although I said that none of them caught my eye character depth wise, visually..I think I like Dimitri who wears blue. But that's about it.

25 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Pretty sure Nintendo isn't going to split hairs on the "official" start of spring after the equinox or whatever.  All of March is spring or close enough.