Fire Emblem Three Houses

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless they did a special map for the demo I don't think doing one is a great idea. You'd have to incorporate lots of tutorial aspects, and you wouldn't want to bog it down with too much lore and backstory like you would need at the beginning of the actual game. It would be cool to have but I really don't see it happening, and I'd rather they spent all their time on perfecting the actual game.

On 6/14/2018 at 5:18 AM, Yexin said:

i'm not reading 29 pages, so i may accidentally repeat someone else's thought

btw, i liked the trailer (and the music is amazing, even though that "techno" (don't kill me if that's not techno, i'm not an expert) track reminded me of tms#fe and this scares me a lot, not to mention that strange doll that appeared at a certain point, i think it has nothing to do with the general aesthetics of the game, that reminds me of a late renaissance)

honestly, the only things i actually disliked are those "formations", they looked to me like discount Z moves, and i fear that they could make the game easier, even though they could balance it by making the enemy able to make formations as well (maybe it's already possible and we just don't know yet)

but it's too soon to judge, i'll have to wait and see more

i want to distance myself from this trailer: i loved the very first fates trailer, then i ended up really disappointed after playing the game, so i don't want this to happen again

Pretty sure that's not techno, banned! :P:

I wouldn't count the formations out yet.  It's possible that the enemy can do something similar, and on every turn.  If so, then it becomes a gameplay mechanic rather than a one-time OP thing.

Regardless, don't get your expectations too high.  That's how I kept my sanity after seeing Fates.

On 6/14/2018 at 7:57 AM, vanguard333 said:

That would be great. Although it might be hard to implement, as for every chapter you may have to once again find where everything is. 

Even just the return of base conversations from Path of Radiance would be great; especially the three-star system that indicated the importance of each base conversation (if I recall correctly: 1 star was a bit of story and character, 2 star was a useful hint about the coming chapter, and 3 was a new item or character). If they combine this with the MyCastle system, then they could have the stars appear above the person's head, or beside the conversation select. 

I hope there's a better balance between the base convos, should this happen.  Tellius' balance was something like 1 > 3 >> 2.

On 6/14/2018 at 8:51 AM, Von Ithipathachai said:

Am I the only one who likes Dimitri's mop hair?

Yes.  Don't you feel special?

Just now, Von Ithipathachai said:

Well, obviously not anymore.  Sheesh.

Then break the habit of asking "Am I the only one".  Because if you have to ask that, then the answer is "yes".

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Then break the habit of asking "Am I the only one".  Because if you have to ask that, then the answer is "yes".

...Do I really do it that much?  It doesn't feel like it.

If I do, I'm sorry.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

1 minute ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

...Do I really do it that much?  It doesn't feel like it.

Maybe not you, per se.  But you're the second one to pull it in this topic.  I know I've yelled at various people for doing this in topic titles, too.

When in doubt, remember that there's over seven billion people on this planet, and far less SF accounts.  Chances are, someone shares your opinion, so just state it next time ("I like Dimitri's hair.").  Someone posted a still showing Byleth running, with someone that looked like Dimitri in the background.  He apparently has a pontytail, which means his hair makes a little more sense.  I'm indifferent on his hair style.

23 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Someone posted a still showing Byleth running, with someone that looked like Dimitri in the background.  He apparently has a pontytail, which means his hair makes a little more sense.  I'm indifferent on his hair style.

For me, that just makes it worse.. Dimitri deliberately throws random thick strands of hair over his bangs from the back. That's awful. And he's got a rattail to boot? Haha, oh my god. 

12 minutes ago, nyainou said:

For me, that just makes it worse.. Dimitri deliberately throws random thick strands of hair over his bangs from the back. That's awful. And he's got a rattail to boot? Haha, oh my god. 

The ponytail reminds me of Ramza's, and I happen to like his style.  I think Dimitri can pull it off, too.

13 minutes ago, eclipse said:

The ponytail reminds me of Ramza's, and I happen to like his style.  I think Dimitri can pull it off, too.

Well, that's fine and all, but I'm certainly not voting for Dimitri in the "Best Hairstyle" category for the FE3H yearbook. p;

14 hours ago, immatx said:

MU hasn't been confirmed yet so that might not be an issue. But if there is a customizable MU, I don't think it'll be a problem. The options were very limited in Fates and Awakening, and while I don't think they'd keep it that limited, the options wouldn't be as vast as the necessary resource database for giving all enemy battalion leaders faces. Even if they do decide to give all battalion leaders faces, I think it would be easier to just create each face individually than to build a database for a randomizer.

I'm only guessing Blythe is a MU because...

• they didn't talk, so they maybe more similar to a Persona protagonist.
  • They have a pretty neutral color palette
  • The wording on the Nintendo description said "your protagonist", which gives them a MU implication. 
  • Although a lot of people criticize avatars, it's still one of the more popular features of the series.

23 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

I'm only guessing Blythe is a MU because...

• they didn't talk, so they maybe more similar to a Persona protagonist.
  • They have a pretty neutral color palette
  • The wording on the Nintendo description said "your protagonist", which gives them a MU implication. 
  • Although a lot of people criticize avatars, it's still one of the more popular features of the series.

It's a fair assumption. Considering the success they've had with the feature I certainly wouldn't mind them including it as an ode to the newer fans in what seems to be a more Jugdral like game, even though I'm not personally a fan of avatars. I think the no talking could be a bit of a reach. Only Edelgard really talked, the one interaction between Edelgard and Byleth isn't a lot to go on, as they didn't even show us what came after. It's also entirely possible they only wanted to show off events, and what we saw isn't necessarily even real interactions.

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

I hope there's a better balance between the base convos, should this happen. Tellius' balance was something like 1 > 3 >> 2.

Really? How is a bit of lore inherently greater than a new item/unit, and how is it any greater than a useful hint about the next chapter? I guess it comes down to what each player considers more significant. 

3 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Really? How is a bit of lore inherently greater than a new item/unit, and how is it any greater than a useful hint about the next chapter? I guess it comes down to what each player considers more significant. 

I think it's possible to integrate the lore into the chapter hint, if one doesn't mind a slightly lengthier convo.  Otherwise, why even bother with a 2* ranking?

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

I think it's possible to integrate the lore into the chapter hint, if one doesn't mind a slightly lengthier convo.  Otherwise, why even bother with a 2* ranking?

They did do this in at least one case I believe, the 2 Star Sigrun Base Conversation in PoR 15:

Spoiler

Sigrun
How are your preparations progressing?

Ike
They're underway. We leave within the hour.

Sigrun
Your next mission takes you to the Grann Desert. You must choose your companions with care.

Ike
A desert is just a large patch of sandy soil, is it not?

Sigrun
Ha ha! With one major difference! Unlike sandy soil, you'll not find solid earth near the surface. You could dig and dig and find only more sand. Those on foot and horseback may find it difficult to move around.

Ike
I see. I'm sure that Soren knows much about these things, but...

Sigrun
Hmm? Has something befallen master Soren?

Ike
I don't know if he's feeling ill or just moping about. It all started when we arrived in Begnion.

Sigrun
Oh...

Ike
Be that as it may, it won't hurt for me to have this information. Can you tell me more?

Sigrun
Of course. There's little water in the desert, and the soil is very dry. Few trees or grasses grow there. Which means there are no groves or anything else which would provide cover. And, as I mentioned before, those on foot or horseback will find the sand slows their pace considerably. The exceptions are magic users, staff wielders, and thieves. Such people will not be affected to so large a degree.

Ike
Thieves are agile, so I understand why they would be unaffected. But those skilled in the magical arts? That doesn't make sense.

Sigrun
I once heard an explanation from a magic user that I know...He claimed that the spirits he employed flew before him and cleared the sand from his path. However, considering the source, I'm not sure how much of that is truth.

Ike
Who was the source?

Sigrun
Prime Minister Sephiran.

Ike
Would he play a joke like that?

Sigrun
Ha ha! Well, the prime minister is a very amusing man. But, please, allow me to continue my explanation. What else...? Others who are unaffected by sand are pegasus knights, wyvern riders, and other flying units. Oh, and laguz, too. Terrain features don't seem to affect them much in either form, although they will be slowed some.

Ike
You said laguz, didn't you? Almost everyone here says sub-human.

Sigrun
Well, of course. Beorc and laguz are both living things. Every precious life was created to be equal by the blessed goddess. The fact that there are still those who persecute laguz in the land of the goddess... It is deplorable.

Ike
...Are you of a noble house?

Sigrun
Yes, I am. One must be of noble birth to serve the goddess.

Ike
But I thought...that all nobles were half-crazed fools who can't speak the truth. You seem quite honest.

Sigrun
Ha ha, I'll take that as a compliment...Oh, and one last thing.

Ike
What is it?

Sigrun
The desert contains the remnants of more than one lost civilization. Rumor has it that treasures from those times still lie undiscovered beneath the shifting sands. Those with good luck may come across such treasures during battle.

...I'm only popping in in all honesty to see if you're laying down the Law of the Mod (which is to say the Law of the Forest), since I was humored by what was for your a painful preemptive "joke" you made.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They did do this in at least one case I believe, the 2 Star Sigrun Base Conversation in PoR 15:

Reveal hidden contents

...I'm only popping in in all honesty to see if you're laying down the Law of the Mod (which is to say the Law of the Forest), since I was humored by what was for your a painful preemptive "joke" you made.

Not this time~!  If it's bad, I'll say so directly.  If it's something that annoys me but isn't going to net a warn, I'll make a suggestion (like the "Am I the only one" things, because it's way too common here).

But I'm also a random FE fan, so I have my own ideas of what I want and don't want!  And as long as the clothes/characters/plot/gameplay are sensible, I'll be happy~!

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

But I'm also a random FE fan, so I have my own ideas of what I want and don't want!  And as long as the clothes/characters/plot/gameplay are sensible, I'll be happy~!

Same here, which is why I'm actually avoiding all this speculation, I haven't even watched the E3 trailer yet. Of course, you don't have that luxury, but here is hoping you're finding some fun in reading the hopes and expectations of others!

In the interest of speculation, I took a look at the flowers that appear in the trailer, this is an image that I found, I was unable to find anything really clear regarding what kind of flower it is, but what I did find through google image search that it believes it to be a hibiscus, the site I found described it's meaning when colored white as representing beauty, purity, and women, and when purple it represents mystery, knowledge, and the higher class, the flower that appears when water or blood splashes next to important lady, appears to be white with a purple center, if we were to combine the two definitions and the physical appearance of the flower and applied these definitions to important lady, we are left with a woman who is (or appears to be) beautiful and pure but also is mysterious, has knowledge (or perhaps knows more than she is leading on), and is of the upper class, this implies perhaps a status of general or even a queen in a moment of desperation taking the field personally, though being considered clergy could also be seen as upper class in some contexts, so if she was say a high priestess that could also work, this could supply her with knowledge that is not privy to the common masses (think vatican library conspiracy theories) and would also make her mysterious in the context of the church having things which are only acknowledged behind closed doors, also a note on the flowers in the mural, they appear to be the same, but without the purple center, which I would consider purely aesthetic, in that any meaning that could be derived from it is just beautiful pure woman, which is more so an expectation when thinking of a goddess in the most generic of senses. 

Now, I jokingly speculated a while back that she would betray us, but if this is correct, that may not be quite so ridiculous a thought, she can be interpreted regardless of context as no ally, given edelgrad's comment about the crests. 

corse I could have gotten the wrong flower, but if anyone is more well versed in flowers than I am and can I identify this sucker as anything else I would like to hear about it.

I could also be wrong in that IS really knows nothing of flowers and just thought it looked nice, in which case this means nothing.

God, I am getting way too into speculation on this one, I almost never do this.

Edited by thecrimsonflash
edited for clarity.

8-4 isn't doing the localization according to their twitter. Brace yourselves for what might come. But at least the game will get localized

10 hours ago, immatx said:

It's a fair assumption. Considering the success they've had with the feature I certainly wouldn't mind them including it as an ode to the newer fans in what seems to be a more Jugdral like game, even though I'm not personally a fan of avatars. I think the no talking could be a bit of a reach. Only Edelgard really talked, the one interaction between Edelgard and Byleth isn't a lot to go on, as they didn't even show us what came after. It's also entirely possible they only wanted to show off events, and what we saw isn't necessarily even real interactions.

Yeah, it's a little early to tell, which is why I'm full of assumptions and guesses. I wish we had more info on our hands to inspire more discussions. I feel like the trailer showed a lot and a little at the same time, for some reason.

On 6/14/2018 at 8:16 PM, Sentinel07 said:

On a small point, I  wonder if the platoon style of play means there won't be any indoor maps, as that would look kind of strange.

I mean, it wouldn't be the first time. Genealogy didn't have any indoor maps if I recall correctly.

The scene with the robot thing in the trailer is indoors, and I am positive that is an actual map, not a cutscene.

If something it will be note like "dismount" mechanics in elder games, with exception you units leave their platoons outside instead horses and wyverns.

So far all games (except FE7) had both large scale warfare and small skirmishes, it's just ...they looked identically:P:

I was really disappointed when i saw the trailer at E3, i thought the game looked super bad visually for a Switch game. Now that the screenshots are out, my impressions are even worse.

The generic soldiers and NPCs look blurry and have really poor resolution, the buildings are full of super jagged edges and the textures are realy bad.

Even the playable characters, who get the most attention, look bad up-close, the textures look just like a 3DS game, especially the environment, in fact, i think this game could probably run on a 3DS without many changes, FE Warriors is on there and it looks better than this.

Why are the cutscenes 10 fps, it looks like stop motion, is this Berserk 2019? If we go by sales, Awakening should have had the lowest budget of the newest 4, but this one looks the cheapest.

Edelgard looks cool.

Teacher is alright.

Dimitri looks weird.

Claude is terrible, his haircut is disgusting, that earring looks dumb and his face is extremely punchable, it's probably the swordfish nose.

Also, while i was skimming through the topic, i saw some people say the game was looking good because it has a dark character? What?

I can like, sympathize and identify with characters of any race, thank you very much, i don't need them to look like me and the colour of their skin is definitely not going to make the game better, it's nonsense.

6 minutes ago, QuestionEmblem said:

Also, while i was skimming through the topic, i saw some people say the game was looking good because it has a dark character? What?

I can like, sympathize and identify with characters of any race, thank you very much, i don't need them to look like me and the colour of their skin is definitely not going to make the game better, it's nonsense.

Its fine if you feel that way, but for others its really important. I wouldn't lose any sleep over other people's happiness. 
Its true Claude's existence couldn't save a trash-fire game from being, yaknow, thrown in the trash-fire, but if his inclusion brings a smile to someone's face then I think that's at least a small victory. 

42 minutes ago, nyainou said:

Its fine if you feel that way, but for others its really important. I wouldn't lose any sleep over other people's happiness. 
Its true Claude's existence couldn't save a trash-fire game from being, yaknow, thrown in the trash-fire, but if his inclusion brings a smile to someone's face then I think that's at least a small victory. 

Unrelated, but, where did you find this?:

fe3h1v2.png.bba1344bfef5945096c513f6d52dd9f6.png.b7f4721257fb3618687571436770f3ec.png