Fire Emblem Three Houses

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, nyainou said:

Its fine if you feel that way, but for others its really important. I wouldn't lose any sleep over other people's happiness. 
Its true Claude's existence couldn't save a trash-fire game from being, yaknow, thrown in the trash-fire, but if his inclusion brings a smile to someone's face then I think that's at least a small victory. 

Would you also extend the same courtesy for people to whom fan service, characters such as Camilla and waifus would bring smiles to their faces?

2 minutes ago, QuestionEmblem said:

Would you also extend the same courtesy for people to whom fan service, characters such as Camilla and waifus would bring smiles to their faces?

I am that person, haha. 

4 minutes ago, nyainou said:

I am that person, haha. 

It's cool, it's just that from lurking around here, i see that a lot of the "dark people in FE will make the game good" crowd are also the same people that think female fan service should go, and people who like it are the "problem" of NuFE.

37 minutes ago, QuestionEmblem said:

It's cool, it's just that from lurking around here, i see that a lot of the "dark people in FE will make the game good" crowd are also the same people that think female fan service should go, and people who like it are the "problem" of NuFE.

I don't understand how male-oriented fanservice and range of skin tones correlate with one another.

The rationale is quite simple.  One is overused and growing stale and the other isn't.

Granted, I don't think adding more persons of color to the cast alone will automatically improve the game itself.  A good/bad game is a good/bad game regardless of the color of the cast's skin.

I really don't see why is Claude's colour that big deal. When it come to racial equality. FE is farbfurther then that. Let's be honest compared to girls turning into dragons and giant rabbits, difference between two shades of skin practically doesn't matter.

Edited by Tenzen12

20 minutes ago, MetalAmethyst said:

Whoa, really?

Yep. Here. p:

12 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

I really don't see why is Claude's colour that big deal. When it come to racial equality. FE is far further then just that. Let's be honest compared to girls turning into dragons and giant difference between two shades of skin practically doesn't matter.

I'll just requote myself regarding this topic:

3 hours ago, nyainou said:

Its fine if you feel that way, but for others its really important. I wouldn't lose any sleep over other people's happiness. 
Its true Claude's existence couldn't save a trash-fire game from being, yaknow, thrown in the trash-fire, but if his inclusion brings a smile to someone's face then I think that's at least a small victory. 

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I don't understand how male-oriented fanservice and range of skin tones correlate with one another.

The rationale is quite simple.  One is overused and growing stale and the other isn't.

Granted, I don't think adding more persons of color to the cast alone will automatically improve the game itself.  A good/bad game is a good/bad game regardless of the color of the cast's skin.

That's the thing, growing stale according to who? The people who don't like it and want it to go away?

"Its fine if you feel that way, but for others its really important. I wouldn't lose any sleep over other people's happiness. If its inclusion brings a smile to someone's face then I think that's at least a small victory."

30 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

I really don't see why is Claude's colour that big deal. When it come to racial equality. FE is farbfurther then that. Let's be honest compared to girls turning into dragons and giant difference between two shades of skin practically doesn't matter.

Heck, Claude isn't even... super dark. He looks more Mediterranean/Hispanic-- which considering the rough geographical similarities we've seen to Western Europe very well could have been the intention.

3 hours ago, QuestionEmblem said:

I was really disappointed when i saw the trailer at E3, i thought the game looked super bad visually for a Switch game. Now that the screenshots are out, my impressions are even worse.

The generic soldiers and NPCs look blurry and have really poor resolution, the buildings are full of super jagged edges and the textures are realy bad.

Even the playable characters, who get the most attention, look bad up-close, the textures look just like a 3DS game, especially the environment, in fact, i think this game could probably run on a 3DS without many changes, FE Warriors is on there and it looks better than this.

Alright, this is getting hyperoblic.

First off, the dumbest claim: this game is leagues above anything the 3DS can do. FEW's models on there are super blocky with muddied  textures, stuff that's partially hidden by the screen resolution. Blow that shit up to HD and it will look like a PS2 game.

Anyways, with that out of the way: this is footage almost certainly from months ago of a game that's the better part of a year out that also was delayed. Awakening, announced 6 months before its JP release, had a lot of odd visual quirks on display (for instance, characters using generic models in battle instead of their actual unique designs)-- even then, IMO Awakening is the worst looking 3rd party 3DS game.

So Three Houses may not end up looking amazing visually, but I'd say it's downright ridiculous to not expect improvements between now and release.

The one thing I will agree with you on is that using SoV's "3D trying to make itself look 2D so there's no shadows and it's super choppy" cutscene style is crappy and a big step back from Awakening and Fates' mo-capped FMVs.

Edited by The DanMan

2 hours ago, QuestionEmblem said:

. . .uh, what?

Like, I want to see literal quotes of people who think that people who like it are the "problem".  If it's as prevalent as you're claiming, then it shouldn't take you too long to find it.

34 minutes ago, QuestionEmblem said:

2c85e86559e95a903c89d107e1557b8b.thumb.png.f8bc445711ba3e31c56e364eb645edca.png

2d3a3d2f610effb46128ea75211857a0.png

c2941f9ddc8e31dcf35b30228a8efa4a.png

Wow that's terrible...whoever these people are needs to chill out....if you don't like something that's fine but there ARE people that like these things don't go full out insulting IS since their trying to appeal to different type of fans that feel so much self entitled...

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

47 minutes ago, QuestionEmblem said:

2c85e86559e95a903c89d107e1557b8b.thumb.png.f8bc445711ba3e31c56e364eb645edca.png

2d3a3d2f610effb46128ea75211857a0.png

c2941f9ddc8e31dcf35b30228a8efa4a.png

Literally none of those are claiming that people that like these elements are the problem. The closest is Jenoss and even then they aren't saying those people are a problem for liking it but for trying to shut down /talk over people who don't like it.

4 hours ago, The DanMan said:

First off, the dumbest claim: this game is leagues above anything the 3DS can do. FEW's models on there are super blocky with muddied  textures, stuff that's partially hidden by the screen resolution. Blow that shit up to HD and it will look like a PS2 game.

I didn't say it wasn't above the 3DS, i said it wouldn't be difficult to get it running on a 3DS without many changes, and i stand by that, have you seen Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, Kid Icarus or Resident Evil Mercenaries? Just lower the resolution even more for the 3DS screen and you're more than halfway there.

The thing with graphical improvements is that, most of the time, trailers look better than the finished product, before the necessary downgrades to get it running well on the console (keep in mind that the developer kits have more RAM and processing power than the actual console that is sold to the public).

So, yeah, when i see a trailer, whose job is to awe the spectator and often make the game look better than it actualy is, and it looks extremely underwhelming, it does put me on edge, especially since, if i'm not mistaken, this is Inteligent System's first HD game, so a visual fuck up is absolutely a possibility.

We also know that the Switch is capable of much more than was shown in that trailer, while the Switch isn't the 1987 Schwarzenegger of consoles, it does run Doom, it does run Wolfenstein, Zelda looks great, Xeno 2 looks great. I might have had my expectations a bit high, as i wanted the new FE to be about the same visually as FE Warriors, because i think they did a fantastic job making 3D models out of the artwork, but what i saw was even below what i thought the worst was going to be.

51 minutes ago, QuestionEmblem said:

I didn't say it wasn't above the 3DS, i said it wouldn't be difficult to get it running on a 3DS without many changes, and i stand by that, have you seen Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, Kid Icarus or Resident Evil Mercenaries? Just lower the resolution even more for the 3DS screen and you're more than halfway there.

The thing with graphical improvements is that, most of the time, trailers look better than the finished product, before the necessary downgrades to get it running well on the console (keep in mind that the developer kits have more RAM and processing power than the actual console that is sold to the public).

So, yeah, when i see a trailer, whose job is to awe the spectator and often make the game look better than it actualy is, and it looks extremely underwhelming, it does put me on edge, especially since, if i'm not mistaken, this is Inteligent System's first HD game, so a visual fuck up is absolutely a possibility.

We also know that the Switch is capable of much more than was shown in that trailer, while the Switch isn't the 1987 Schwarzenegger of consoles, it does run Doom, it does run Wolfenstein, Zelda looks great, Xeno 2 looks great. I might have had my expectations a bit high, as i wanted the new FE to be about the same visually as FE Warriors, because i think they did a fantastic job making 3D models out of the artwork, but what i saw was even below what i thought the worst was going to be.

Xenoblade 3D was a port of a Wii game and had noticable downgrades, with a worse frame rate and even muddier textures and worse pop-in than the original-- exclusive to the hardware revision with a better processor and RAM. Kid Icarus was designed for the groundup from it and went through multiple succesive delays, and Capcom in general was just good at getting every little bit they could out of the 3DS. Really, unless you're an actual videogame developer/programmer, you have no idea what you're talking about to make such ludicrous claims as "it wouldn't be difficult to get it running on a 3DS".

Nintendo doesn't have a record of that at all; heck, to invoke a game you later bring up, between its announcement and launch less than a year later Xenoblade 2 redid the lighting and seems to have completley re-modeled Rex: 

DKlAHdYWkAAT4X8.jpg

Breath of the Wild is a port of a Wii U game with very flat textures disguised by more intense lighting/shading-- Doom and Wolfenstein are also super scaled back compared to their releases on other hardware. Xenoblade 2 runs at 720p and 30fps, with it absolutely chugging in handheld mode-- sometimes dipping into the low 20s and down to 480p. And FEW's models, from what I've heard, are slightly worse quality than the Wii U models in Smash 4.

Prove you know what you're talking about, or you're just saying nonsense.

Edited by The DanMan

54 minutes ago, QuestionEmblem said:

This is pretty much what I said a little while ago. Plus FE has supposedly become one of the more core Nintendo series thanks to the 3DS games' success, so you'd think they'd put in the resources to make the new title visually impressive like Kirby and plenty of others are on Switch. Graphics aren't everything, but when even a spinoff like Warriors looks better than the latest mainline title, it's a bit concerning.

15 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Breath of the Wild is a port of a Wii U game with very flat textures disguised by more intense lighting/shading-- Doom and Wolfenstein are also super scaled back compared to their releases on other hardware. Xenoblade 2 runs at 720p and 30fps, with it absolutely chugging in handheld mode-- sometimes dipping into the low 20s and down to 480p. And FEW's models, from what I've heard, are slightly worse quality than the Wii U models in Smash 4.

This is true, yet they still look better than Three Houses seems to in the footage we have. Some of the in-battle footage is especially rough, looking similar to Xenoblade 2 in handheld mode, which often has much more going on on screen too.

Edited by Alkaid

In my view, it is too early to tell. It is possible that the resources used were draft models. They might be saving the more polish version when it is nearer to the release since they need content for their Directs. 

Just my two cents on the matter.

Edited by Ririn

6 hours ago, Maimishou said:

Literally none of those are claiming that people that like these elements are the problem. The closest is Jenoss and even then they aren't saying those people are a problem for liking it but for trying to shut down /talk over people who don't like it.

They are, with the exception of the second post. The first and third posts are explicitly tearing the 'fanservicey' parts of the game apart and over-exaggerating the extent of fanservice in Fates. "Stripping, groping, incest, sex talk, etc. all is just blatantly trying to use to sell sex." Did I play a different game? Pray tell me where I can find the feature where I can grope my husbandos/waifus, as far as I can remember all we could do is pet their head and face and not anywhere below their neck. Incest? Wasn't this a forefront and glorified as great storytelling in one of the older FE games, and didn't Fates later reveal Corrin not actually being related to either sides' siblings with the exception of Azura (albeit with weak writing)? "You can't just turn off fanservice when it's EVERYWHERE", wat lol. Aside from Camilla's cutscene in Birthright, a few MALE AND FEMALE characters having a few revealing outfits, two features in MyCastle and the returning Awakening characters, I fail to see this point. So if you take in account of all those blatant unfair accusations towards the game, wouldn't those be insinuated onto the players who enjoyed the games? If I thoroughly enjoyed Fates or didn't mind the fanservice aspects of the game, should I be condemned and insulted as perverted, waifu-loving otaku because apparently Fates is such a horrible game for having these sinful and horrible features? Because that's what I'm getting out of from those posts.

7 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Why, yes.  That's exactly right.

I don't even know where to start with this. This is the hypocrisy I see around here and THE reason why the Fire Emblem community is so fractured.

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

Prove you know what you're talking about, or you're just completely full of it.

Yo chill, no need to be hostile when they're just full of... opinions whether you disagree with them or not.

Edited by thanny