Fire Emblem Three Houses

59 minutes ago, senior firehood said:

this new formation thing...it reminds me of a old game....kessen 2. you and your comrades had a little group behind you. you can go defense or rush into the enemy and they lose soldiers. If the enemy lose soldiers then they dont do any damage...it was a lot of fun^^ but that was long time ago on ps2 and ot was not turn based. I want to know how they do it on fe 3h!. And the old guy on the trailer..do you think he is maybe a good one? cause he kills red enemys on the trailer^^

Now that you point it out, it does remind me of Kessen. It would be interesting if FE allowed the same kind of unit autonomy (like you sending units to do things on one side of the map while your controlled unit does something else), but the gameplay is completely different so it wouldn't really work most likely.

Whoever the old guy is, I just hope he isn't the blatant bad guy.

Edited by saisymbolic

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, senior firehood said:

noo but thank you for sharimg this information.

what i think ...there is no customable avatar...we saw only a male one. i hope they show more information sonn. maybe in 2 months? what do you think?

Well you can still have a Avatar with only 1 gender Persona/SMT even TLOZ with Link prove it obviously works. Also as someone pointed out no one should take everything fully from just 1 debut trailer wait till more info is given.

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

24 minutes ago, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

Well you can still have a Avatar with only 1 gender Persona/SMT even TLOZ with Link prove it obviously works. Also as someone pointed out no one should take everything fully from just 1 debut trailer wait till more info is given.

^_^  Yay someone who understands!

There will be diverse My Units (Avatars), just because they only showed one premade one doesn't mean much. Ever since they did My Units, there has always been options, and I will pull away from my own advice for 3 seconds and if you go back to the debut trailer and you notice the language used. "Teacher" is not gender specific or character named specific. This is done to specifically allow choice of character options, without having to specifically created dialogue. A good example of this is World of Warcraft, where the player is always referred to "Hero" or "Champion" in Voiced Dialogue. Though your name will come up as normal because that is easy enough for creators to do.

Edited by MyBoyHector

24 minutes ago, MyBoyHector said:

^_^  Yay someone who understands!

There will be diverse My Units (Avatars), just because they only showed one premade one doesn't mean much. Ever since they did My Units, there has always been options, and I will pull away from my own advice for 3 seconds and if you go back to the debut trailer and you notice the language used. "Teacher" is not gender specific or character named specific. This is done to specifically allow choice of character options, without having to specifically created dialogue. A good example of this is World of Warcraft, where the player is always referred to "Hero" or "Champion" in Voiced Dialogue. Though your name will come up as normal because that is easy enough for creators to do.

Exactly plus the PR fact sheet mentions "your protagonist" not "your protagonist Byleth" and by "coincidence" Byleth has no separate portrait art while Edelgard, Dimitri and Claude does at least with this the likely chance is VERY high.

That said, do not be surprised if the one that they showed in the trailer is what they call the "Canon" version. Since Robin, Corrin, etc all have one.

1 hour ago, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

Exactly plus the PR fact sheet mentions "your protagonist" not "your protagonist Byleth" and by "coincidence" Byleth has no separate portrait art while Edelgard, Dimitri and Claude does at least with this the likely chance is VERY high.

Byleth has portrait art. We just didn't get a high-def release of it. (though that's probably what you meant hfhfh)

Edited by nyainou

5 hours ago, nyainou said:

Byleth has portrait art. We just didn't get a high-def release of it. (though that's probably what you meant hfhfh)

Yeah I meant no separate clearer half body portrait like the other 3 characters that was given from sites.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Wait, is Cup of Tea Productions localising the full game or just the song? Greg Chun (who directed the song) only confirmed the latter.

If so that's a sign of relief

@MyBoyHector yeah exactly

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Wait, is Cup of Tea Productions localising the full game or just the song? Greg Chun (who directed the song) only confirmed the latter.

Greg Chun directed the song? Really?

25 minutes ago, MetalAmethyst said:

Also, did anyone else notice that there were a few other characters shown in the trailer (even if it's difficult to get a good look at the portraits)?

Yep, there was Hilda and Mercedes. Hilda is the pink-haired girl. I'm not sure we actually got a look at Mercedes.

14 minutes ago, nyainou said:

Yep, there was Hilda and Mercedes. Hilda is the pink-haired girl. I'm not sure we actually got a look at Mercedes.

We see glimpses of quite a few others, like at 1:00 specifically. And yeah, some people spoke out about it at various points throughout this thread.

3 hours ago, MetalAmethyst said:

Also, did anyone else notice that there were a few other characters shown in the trailer (even if it's difficult to get a good look at the portraits)?

As some mention there was:

-Mercedes

-Hilda

-Brown haired mage girl

-A black haired archer(not talking about Claude)

-a older guy with a mustache(I'll safely assume he'll be the Gunter/Jagen or even Nomah of the game)

-purple hair guy 

-and a brown? haired guy 

image.png.21ee29f116f1dbffa906529074bac199.png

These 4 stand out to me in the trailer(as well as Mercedes) because they are all named characters(presumably), and have unique portraits. This leads me to believe one of two things, either:
1. We are fighting a mercenary company who we recruit when the battle concludes.
2. This is a mock battle style mode where you split your units into two groups, with one you control and one you fight against.
I think the latter is more likely for 2 reasons. Mercedes seems to be on a different map than the others, suggesting that this happens more than once through the game, and I doubt we'll have more than one skirmish against different mercenary bands unless the party is REALLY desperate for troops. The terrain in the Mercedes shot and in the Hilda shot are pretty similar to a shot later in the trailer presumably near Edelgard's castle. This suggests to me that they are only fighting outside the castle grounds, which would explain a mock battle a lot easier, AND Edelgard does explicitly mention mock battles in the trailer's dialogue too. But eh the terrain thing might just be me trying to find an explanation.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

20 hours ago, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

As some mention there was:

-Mercedes

-Hilda

-Brown haired mage girl

-A black haired archer(not talking about Claude)

-a older guy with a mustache(I'll safely assume he'll be the Gunter/Jagen or even Nomah of the game)

-purple hair guy 

-and a brown? haired guy 

Yeah, that's what I mean! Also, Regal Edelgard Axe Master, is a really cool title!

3 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

image.png.21ee29f116f1dbffa906529074bac199.png

These 4 stand out to me in the trailer(as well as Mercedes) because they are all named characters(presumably), and have unique portraits. This leads me to believe one of two things, either:
1. We are fighting a mercenary company who we recruit when the battle concludes.
2. This is a mock battle style mode where you split your units into two groups, with one you control and one you fight against.
I think the latter is more likely for 2 reasons. Mercedes seems to be on a different map than the others, suggesting that this happens more than once through the game, and I doubt we'll have more than one skirmish against different mercenary bands unless the party is REALLY desperate for troops. The terrain in the Mercedes shot and in the Hilda shot are pretty similar to a shot later in the trailer presumably near Edelgard's castle. This suggests to me that they are only fighting outside the castle grounds, which would explain a mock battle a lot easier, AND Edelgard does explicitly mention mock battles in the trailer's dialogue too. But eh the terrain thing might just be me trying to find an explanation.

Either explanation would work. Fighting a mercenary company to recruit characters sounds great, though mock battles sound interesting in concept. Although, would this be an alternative for gaining experience, or no? Now there's something worth discussing.

It would make more sense to have mock battles in a school-like setting and a great way to replace the bandit grinding of Awakening/Birthright/Revelations. The main thing that I'm curious about is if it's possible to lose units permanently in mock battles, and if so, will their death quotes change? Still, it's a cool idea at least and I'm looking forward to seeing how the game handles them.

9 minutes ago, SimplyUnknown said:

It would make more sense to have mock battles in a school-like setting and a great way to replace the bandit grinding of Awakening/Birthright/Revelations. The main thing that I'm curious about is if it's possible to lose units permanently in mock battles, and if so, will their death quotes change? Still, it's a cool idea at least and I'm looking forward to seeing how the game handles them.

Considering they're "mock" battles they wouldn't be able to be killed but it would be strange if they are allowed to use any weapon they have access to, say for example Edelgard's Legendary Axe is able to be used in a mock battle against her allies.

Another idea, to explain the unique portraits could be that the Mercedes one is an early story mission which introduces mock battles, which would explain why she is close to a generic soldier, and the one with Hilda & co is a mock battle side mission.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

3 hours ago, SimplyUnknown said:

Something I noticed is that you seem to be in control of the same 5 units in both scenarios(Byleth, Edelgard, older archer dude, lance soldier in armor, mage). The models fit. You also fight a group of 4 in one and another of 5 with an older  guy that could be that group's teacher, so... maybe these are battles between different classes of the school? This would make some amount of sense, considering this is likely a military academy and all.

Edited by Cysx

23 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Something I noticed is that you seem to be in control of the same 5 units in both scenarios(Byleth, Edelgard, older archer dude, lance soldier in armor, mage). The models fit. You also fight a group of 4 in one and another of 5 with an older  guy that could be that group's teacher, so... maybe these are exercise battles between different classes of the school? This would make some amount of sense, considering this is likely a military academy and all.

I don't know how the weapon training will work with this though. Will units not gain WXP normally anymore and instead rather gain WXP through mock battles? Or will the training sessions work towards Weapon Arts? Choosing the weapon class which they will gain points with towards a new weapon art? It's too vague to tell at this point.

1 hour ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I don't know how the weapon training will work with this though. Will units not gain WXP normally anymore and instead rather gain WXP through mock battles? Or will the training sessions work towards Weapon Arts? Choosing the weapon class which they will gain points with towards a new weapon art? It's too vague to tell at this point.

I feel like those battles are the beginning of the game rather than repeatable training missions. The weapon training feature feels like a barracks thing to me, a minor boost that you select instead of it being random like in mycastle... That or it's something that will happen a few times throughout the story or something, but either way I don't see it triggering an entire battle and don't believe the two are actually linked; she just mentions the mock battle because it's the next story chapter.

That is pure speculation though, as you said.

On 6/22/2018 at 1:40 PM, senior firehood said:

we life in 2018 and i want a fire emblem game that you can create a lesbian army! what is the problem with it? i dont want a censored no  lesbian game... germany rules...i hate it....the japanes version is totally good enough!

. . .what?

If you were in public, do you say everything that comes to mind, or do you think about whether or not the entire world needs to hear it?  Now apply those same rules to your posting.

10 minutes ago, eclipse said:

. . .what?

If you were in public, do you say everything that comes to mind, or do you think about whether or not the entire world needs to hear it?  Now apply those same rules to your posting.

Lesbians are some of the strongest kinds of people I know. If I could have an army exclusively full of powerful lesbians, I'd take it, too. 

2 minutes ago, nyainou said:

Lesbians are some of the strongest kinds of people I know. If I could have an army exclusively full of powerful lesbians, I'd take it, too. 

I don't give a flying flip about the sexuality of my army.  They're here to fight, not make out with the enemy.