Info from Nintendo Topics

Website here.

There are three important characters: Edelgard von Hræsvelgr, Dimitri Alexander Blaiddyd and Claude von Regan (the three characters with portraits on the website).

(The surnames are from the Japanese version.)

You can also find an expanded version of the Fódlan world map.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, Edelgard and Dimitri sure have some difficult last names; I completely transcribed them incorrectly from katakana!

Looks like a lot of German and Nordic influences, with Dimitri sounding Russian. Edelgard means noble garden in German and the Nordic languages.

I swear I can't read the font for the country names on the map...

1 minute ago, Thane said:

Man, Edelgard and Dimitri sure have some difficult last names; I completely transcribed them incorrectly from katakana!

Yar, it's not your fault. They really seem to like their mythological references ^^

I kinda knew the first one (I think I saw this in Bravely Default or Golden Sun?) but the second one I had to Google.

5 minutes ago, Thane said:

Thankfully, I can.

The most important thing to know now is that the Three Main Nations the game is getting its name for are Adrastea, Leicester and Fergus, with the first one being implied as the one Edelgard comes from.

2 minutes ago, AstraSage said:

Thankfully, I can.

The most important thing to know now is that the Three Main Nations the game is getting its name for are Adrastea, Leicester and Fergus, with the first one being implied as the one Edelgard comes from.

Those places have nothing on the island of Albino though.

I like the designs and the three seem interesting enough just based on first impressions. I do wonder if these three are all considered lords or if Edelgard is the main lord. They... wouldn't release 3 versions of this game, one per house/lord, would they?

4 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

I like the designs and the three seem interesting enough just based on first impressions. I do wonder if these three are all considered lords or if Edelgard is the main lord. They... wouldn't release 3 versions of this game, one per house/lord, would they?

Don't be ridiculous.

There'll be a fourth version where you unite all three houses.

So I guess the Big Mac Barg Mac is supposed to be the mountain range's name? Okay, Fodla makes a better name for a continent anyway.

Also y'all are sleeping on the nation of Morpheus in the southeast.

I think the main character is Byleth, the edgy Marth. Who I'm assuming is the "teacher".

Those three are presumably from the three noble houses.

Not sure if they will be considered "Lords" or not until there's more info. At the least, they are supposed to be important.

13 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I think the main character is Byleth, the edgy Marth. Who I'm assuming is the "teacher".

Those three are presumably from the three noble houses.

Not sure if they will be considered "Lords" or not until there's more info. At the least, they are supposed to be important.

I don't think they're from separate noble houses since the emblems on their capes (if you look closely at their portraits) have the same design. The two guys' clothes also have similar patterns, assuming that the three houses have different "cultures".

Edited by Ryo

19 minutes ago, AstraSage said:

And I'll be disappointed if there are no pirate archers in the Brigit Archipelago.

I see what you did there, and now I'm angry.  But also amused.

Those pirate archers should have the option to reclass into swordmasters.

So Byleth is pretty much the Avatar of this game since he looks like Robin mix Mark(refered to as Instructer/Teacher) so literally another tactical expert, "The (hero) in this land of Fodora will meet (three young people)" yup we're the MC again, we get to interact with other characters it seems(waifu parts and supports are gonna be interesting), we get to control them like Corrin in the Hub world. I hope the female version looks epic too!(although I'm of course picking Male)

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

48 minutes ago, Thane said:

Looks like a lot of German and Nordic influences, with Dimitri sounding Russian. Edelgard means noble garden in German and the Nordic languages.

Hraesvelgr(Hray-svell-gurr) is a Jotunn from Nordic mythology. So they're definitely going back to pretty deliberate Germanic influences.

Edited by Slumber

1 minute ago, Slumber said:

Hraesvelgr(Hray-svell-gurr) is a Jotunn from Nordic mythology. So they're definitely going back to pretty deliberate Germanic influences.

I know that now, but in katakana it was Furesuberugu; I thought it was Fessberg or something like that.

7 minutes ago, Motendra said:

The three main character trio is literally Team Valor, Mystic & Instinct respectively lmao I love it

. . .I didn't notice that until now.  But it's like everyone switched clothes or something.  Seems like the guy I like the most gives off the Instinct vibe.  Go figure?

Just now, Thane said:

I know that now, but in katakana it was Furesuberugu; I thought it was Fessberg or something like that.

When katakana meets Germanic/Nordic mythology, things get weird.

---

Kinda worried that this Claude will be mixed up with another Claude I can think of.

4 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

DfgoMfuVAAAXR96.png

It's definitely the teacher Edelgard speaks to, as we see him move around as described above, and he gets to make some decision.

What I want to know is, if you meet all three of the lordlings, under what circumstances will it be? I get the feeling they're on opposite sides.