Info from Nintendo Topics

1 minute ago, Thane said:

It's definitely the teacher Edelgard speaks to, as we see him move around as described above, and he gets to make some decision.

What I want to know is, if you meet all three of the lordlings, under what circumstances will it be? I get the feeling they're on opposite sides. 

Hmm....maybe like Fates choice system done better?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, ZeManaphy said:

Didn’t Mis Leaker say that the next game would involve a church and vampires? ‘ Von ‘ sounds very Vampirish. Was she right, or partially right?

This looks very different and she said the game would be revealed at the Nintendo Direct. She was faking it

Just now, ZeManaphy said:

Didn’t Mis Leaker say that the next game would involve a church and vampires? ‘ Von ‘ sounds very Vampirish. Was she right, or partially right?

"Church" is generic, since religion is a popular theme in RPGs.  I'm not convinced about the vampires.

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

. . .I didn't notice that until now.  But it's like everyone switched clothes or something.  Seems like the guy I like the most gives off the Instinct vibe.  Go figure?

He's a beautiful human being, I'm for this #TeamClaude

58 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I kinda knew the first one (I think I saw this in Bravely Default or Golden Sun?) but the second one I had to Google.

Hresvelgr is a summon in the former and Bravely Second.

1 minute ago, ZeManaphy said:

From Wikipedia:

"Von [fɔn] is a term used in German language surnames either as a nobiliary particle indicating a noble patrilineality or as a simple preposition that approximately means of or from in the case of commoners."

It's a common part of German names. It has little to do with vampires, who also happen to come from Romania.

3 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

I could see branching paths and choices (we've already seen a presumably minor one), but I don't think they'll make it so similar to Fates that soon after.

8 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

Probably lucky guess she said Alain was a protagonist when besides OUR character there are 3 others, mentions Avatar plays a more Villainous role from this info it seems we are the primary Hero of the game unless there are choices we can pick to make us seem douchebaggy, weapon durability is a lucky guess overall she was likely faking.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

Just a random note that the Japanese title ( 風花雪月 ) is a word that references a different word ( 雪月風花 ) which represents the four seasons. So if anyone can see how the country names or character names can relate to the four seasons, please let me know. : )

UPDATE: This post was made while researching the topic, but the final findings are on the blog here.

Aethin on SF made a great in depth look at it too!

Edited by Kirokan

1 minute ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

The Avatar being referred to as "protagonist" while the other three are "main characters" bodes ill for me.  I hope to Naga that this Avatar isn't also a Mary Sue.

I feel they'll be Corrin but so MUCH better of course this is just wishful thinking since we need more info.

Ok wow This direct was so disappointing... Fire Emblem Three Houses seriously scares me. The designs are way too anime (I like anime but I'm afraid the slender style especially will alienate potential players). I really didn't want an avatar again but it looks like thats what we're going to get. The graphics look good but I have really big fears. I feel like this plot is shaping up to be basic. Maybe I'm just butt-heart because Nintendo had like 3 big games that I hadn't seen footage for.

17 minutes ago, Thane said:

From Wikipedia:

"Von [fɔn] is a term used in German language surnames either as a nobiliary particle indicating a noble patrilineality or as a simple preposition that approximately means of or from in the case of commoners."

It's a common part of German names. It has little to do with vampires, who also happen to come from Romania.

I could see branching paths and choices (we've already seen a presumably minor one), but I don't think they'll make it so similar to Fates that soon after.

Thanks. I guess Popular culture got the better of me.

20 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

I hope not.

I'd rather there just be one story. How they use the 3 characters from the houses, who knows.

22 minutes ago, thedman975 said:

Fire Emblem Three Houses seriously scares me

honestly, i don'T get this complaint about the Trailer at all. FE has always, always been anime, and while Fates took it way too far, especially in regards to fanservice, it doesn't to be the case here.

30 minutes ago, thedman975 said:

Ok wow This direct was so disappointing... Fire Emblem Three Houses seriously scares me. The designs are way too anime (I like anime but I'm afraid the slender style especially will alienate potential players). I really didn't want an avatar again but it looks like thats what we're going to get. The graphics look good but I have really big fears. I feel like this plot is shaping up to be basic. Maybe I'm just butt-heart because Nintendo had like 3 big games that I hadn't seen footage for.

Says the guy with the Owain avatar.

Worst-case scenario is that this FE won't be something you like.  So what?  It's not the end of the world.

32 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

I still have some mixed feelings on the art

also does anyone think they're doing a soft reboot, as in their going to abandon the whole outrealms device?

I can't determine that. From the info given, it appears to be a new world not connected to main series continuity.

1 minute ago, Hylian Air Force said:

How is that any different from Arthur (Fates) and Arthur (Genealogy)?

Fates Arthur's name was changed in the localization.  It was Harold in Japanese.

This time, Claude's name is shared across two games.

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

Says the guy with the Owain avatar.

Worst-case scenario is that this FE won't be something you like.  So what?  It's not the end of the world.

Hey dont you hate on my man Owain. And just because its not the end of the word donest mean that the new title could he seriously disappointing