Super Smash Brothers Ultimate December Launch Tourney Sign ups

Jedi

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Florete said:

Yeah, sure, I'm game.

Been a long time since we've played. Can't wait. 

12 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I'd sign up, but I'm probably not getting the game at launch since it's a Dec. release. I'm more inclined to ask for it for Christmas. xP

Fair enough, there will be more so don't you worry!

5 hours ago, Jedi said:

Fair enough, there will be more so don't you worry!

Cool! Gives me a bit more of a chance to polish my skills anyway. Gonna have to practice a bit even with my usual mains because I'll be using a different controller now.

I've never actually participated in a bigger tournament, so I think I'm game, I don't know for sure if I'll have it at launch but I am gonna try to. 

Will it be on launch day or will it be a few days after just to make sure everyone is ready?

3 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I've never actually participated in a bigger tournament, so I think I'm game, I don't know for sure if I'll have it at launch but I am gonna try to. 

Will it be on launch day or will it be a few days after just to make sure everyone is ready?

Yeah it'll be a few days after launch so people can unlock their characters, and get used to the game.

28 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Yeah it'll be a few days after launch so people can unlock their characters, and get used to the game.

Oh yeah, I forgot that unlocks were a thing again, not that I'll complain, it's more exciting that way personally.

13 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

As long as it's a while after launch (like... a week?) I might sign up for this. Need time to unlock mah mains. And practice.

A week might be preferable, honestly it'll depend on when it's convenient for all.

54 minutes ago, Jedi said:

A week might be preferable, honestly it'll depend on when it's convenient for all.

Of course, each individual match could also just be tailored to the involved parties' availability. As long as one person isn't prolonging the tournament for days on end or something, it should be a pretty flexible thing.

On the sign-up form, "Username" and "NNID" means our Switch username and Friend Code, yes?

Edited by Anomalocaris

Where exactly do we find the username you are looking for, is it the one attached to our nnid or the one on our profile?

I've never signed up for anything like this before and I just don't want to cause any confusion.

Before i sign up, i just wanna know, would i be able to back out anytime? Because while i'm confident i'll be able to participate, it's not exactly a guarantee. So i don't want to sign up and be forced to commit to that in the event that it ends up turning out that i won't be able to participate

7 hours ago, Jedi said:

Well, the sooner we have a concrete date, the better anyone can prepare for it. For example, I can request the day(s) off from work if I know at least a month in advance.

50 minutes ago, Florete said:

Well, the sooner we have a concrete date, the better anyone can prepare for it. For example, I can request the day(s) off from work if I know at least a month in advance.

I'll probably know closer to when it'll start and i'll keep you in the know for sure.

14 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I'll probably know closer to when it'll start and i'll keep you in the know for sure.

Username and NNID on the form refers to our Switch account's name and Friend Code, right? Just want to be sure before I submit.

1 hour ago, Anomalocaris said:

Username and NNID on the form refers to our Switch account's name and Friend Code, right? Just want to be sure before I submit.

Yes. That would be correct.

I do think it's worth mentioning that the Switch's paid online system will already be in place at this point, before anybody 100% dedicates to it; granted, it may not matter for most people, but IMO it's worth bringing up just in case.

On 6/17/2018 at 5:29 PM, The DanMan said:

I do think it's worth mentioning that the Switch's paid online system will already be in place at this point, before anybody 100% dedicates to it; granted, it may not matter for most people, but IMO it's worth bringing up just in case.

If I recall it's not gonna be nearly as pricy as say the Playstation Network online price

3 hours ago, Jedi said:

If I recall it's not gonna be nearly as pricy as say the Playstation Network online price

$20 for a whole year if I recall correctly, and even then I think it was $7 for 3 months, certainly not breaking the bank on that one.