Super Smash Brothers Ultimate December Launch Tourney Sign ups

Jedi

On 6/20/2018 at 12:44 PM, thecrimsonflash said:

$20 for a whole year if I recall correctly, and even then I think it was $7 for 3 months, certainly not breaking the bank on that one.

Yeah that's supeeeer easy to pay

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Around 20 early entrants so far. 

We'll likely be trying a 3 Stock format, although stage choice is gonna be kind of weird to decide that early into the games life.

27 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Around 20 early entrants so far. 

We'll likely be trying a 3 Stock format, although stage choice is gonna be kind of weird to decide that early into the games life.

if I could make a suggestion, this could be an opportunity to try out that hazard toggle on some of the less obnoxious stages.

though maybe a standard vote would be best for deciding that, using the list from the wiki I think we can leave it to a vote for every stage with a focus on confirmed stages and then in the latter portions of the vote go into stages that have yet to be confirmed let's just assume that hazard toggle is on for every stage. That would probably need it's own thread though.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

• 2 months later...

May as well throw in. Suck at competitive Smash (as in, went 1-15 in For Glory-- that is won 1 game and lost 15 of them), but hopefully other players are as bad as me and it evens out I'll have fun regardless.

37 minutes ago, Slade said:

I know I got finals the week of-and-after Smash Ult comes out so I'm not 100% sure if I can make it, but I'll see how my cards play out.

Too bad I'm not your professor, I'm breaking the rules and giving my kids their final on December 5th

1 hour ago, Johann said:

Too bad I'm not your professor, I'm breaking the rules and giving my kids their final on December 5th

That’s awesome to do!

I'm so excited to run this, and my Girlfriend has pretty much told me she’s getting me Smash as an early Christmas present. I’m blessed haha.

7 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I'm hoping I'll be diligent enough to finish all my papers by that week. The one benefit to my major is that I don't have tests to study for, just massive papers to write.

I should add that my finals are open note/book/computer and I give out the big questions a week beforehand so the students can take their time to write up their responses, instead of panicking and guessing

19 hours ago, Johann said:

You aren't breaking the rules, you are saving lives. More professors should be in on hip trends, that's what is wrong with the education system. Teachers outta get in the smash ultimate hype like you. 

1 minute ago, Florete said:

Can we get a concrete date on this soon?

Yeah gonna be working on it, when I fully know how unlocks work that’ll probably be when I decide it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll probably be able to participate.... the game comes out the day AFTER my birthday, so I keep telling my family to just preorder it for me so I can get it the next day. I better start practicing! 

Edited by Robin126

On 10/15/2018 at 6:29 AM, Robin126 said:

I'll probably be able to participate.... the game comes out the day AFTER my birthday, so I keep telling my family to just preorder it for me so I can get it the next day. I better start practicing! 

Should be fun.

also @Florete I think the 14/15th will be the likely starting date that way everyone can have a week to at least get their character(s)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2018 at 2:43 PM, Jave said:

Huh, I had forgotten about this. Can you please remove me? I won't be playing any tournaments on this community.

I can yes.

• 3 weeks later...

Bump

Time is getting shorter, the 14th of December is when this will be starting, in the meantime i've been trying to figure out a ruleset to start with. Currently planning on 3 stocks 8 minutes, however I'm still figuring out stages (also sign up if you haven't)

6 hours ago, Ashen Jedi said:

however I'm still figuring out stages

Here's a potential stagelist if you need help deciding one (assuming we're playing with competitive rules)

Dr--fshVAAExocH.jpeg?width=723&height=40

Since it's an online tournament, we can just ignore the whole "starter and counterpick" thing.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Here's a potential stagelist if you need help deciding one (assuming we're playing with competitive rules)

Dr--fshVAAExocH.jpeg?width=723&height=40

Since it's an online tournament, we can just ignore the whole "starter and counterpick" thing.

I've seen this and I don't fully agree with it is more the thing. I'd rather have Fountain of Dreams instead of Unova for one and also Pick/Counterpick aspects are even in this, since that's how the 4 stuff was ran here :p

26 minutes ago, Ashen Jedi said:

I'd rather have Fountain of Dreams instead of Unova

You mean Kalos? Because Unova isn't on there. Anyway, i agree and i'd also rather not have Smashville and Town and City because i'm just really tired of seeing those two stages (though that's clearly a personal reason and it shouldn't affect the stage list).

My recommendation: use this stage list but replace Kalos League with Fountain of Dreams, Smashville with Wily Castle and Town and City with Find Mii, which i believe is a god legal stage with hazards off. If not, then i've heard hazardless Dracula's Castle is a good stage.

But you're the one who's planning this so it's all up to you in the end.

11 hours ago, Ashen Jedi said:

Bump

Time is getting shorter, the 14th of December is when this will be starting, in the meantime i've been trying to figure out a ruleset to start with. Currently planning on 3 stocks 8 minutes, however I'm still figuring out stages (also sign up if you haven't)

I'm going to be busy that entire weekend and won't get a chance to play. Hope that doesn't mean I'll miss it

I may be interested in this, but the issue is I wouldn't be able to play until after my finals end (20th of December) due to bad college wifi. Is it all in one weekend or are there deadlines? Worst case I'll just enter one in the future.