Is "Teacher" the avatar?

2 hours ago, BrightBow said:

I don't see them changing that off all things. It wouldn't be any more awkward then a relationship with your siblings, your friend's kid from the future, grade schoolers, or your servants. A relationship with your student is nothing by comparison.

I doubt it would be changed in the JP version (teacher/student shojo manga are really popular) but I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to find some angle to make it less creepy for the NA release, since that trope holds 0 value here. Not entirely cutting teacher/student S supports, but altering dialogue in some way for it to not be as weird as a literal translation would've.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, BrightBow said:

I don't see them changing that off all things. It wouldn't be any more awkward then a relationship with your siblings, your friend's kid from the future, grade schoolers, or your servants. A relationship with your student is nothing by comparison.

Couldn't have said it better.

No matter how they handle a possible romantic support between teacher/student, I really don't want Treehouse to try and change it up from the original Japanese version and end up ruining how the original script had planned it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I believe he's the avatar. You running around as him and never really seeing the character much in the story except being referred to as teacher seems to imply that he is indeed the avatar. I'm not surprised, but I'm a bit upset that this is what Fire Emblem is becoming known for. I'm hoping S Support remains, but please do not bring children back. If this character happens not to be an avatar, I'd be content. I think his default looks very cool and I like the look of his class. Either way he's a main character and has a sword, it's all I need.