Inital Lore Analysis

Porting this over from my topic on the FE Subreddit, a couple things that I noticed from the trailer:

0:14 - 0:20 in the trailer: There's a clear progression between kneeling individuals (divinely-blessed humans?), dragons, and a goddess above. The implication here (and it's not an unsurprising one, this is Fire Emblem) is that the Goddess is a manakete (or just a full dragon who's appeared to humanity in a human form). Being portrayed with green hair also seems to be playing into that implication.

The fact that she supposedly has an actual kingdom above is interesting, and I'm interested to see how that plays out throughout this. Status as "mother of all life" and "arbiter of every soul" may or may not actually mean anything, though they are things that would fall under the known power profile for a sufficiently powerful divine dragon.

(Addendum: Looking at the map, there's an important label on the big mountain in the center of the map. I'm almost certain that's either tied to or literally the location of this "kingdom above.")

0:53-1:03 in the trailer: This is classic Fire Emblem here, playing with themes straight out of FE4 (and that were present in Fates, though... not really explored at all). The Goddess has bestowed a measure of divine power to a select number of humans - how well is humanity capable of wielding their power, to live up to the trust that she's placed within them? This seems very likely to be tied into the main narrative of the game, so keep an eye on it - I'd caution people not to come down too hard upon the goddess herself just from this scrap of knowledge, because Fire Emblem's main meta-plot is about how humanity lives up to the divine legacy entrusted in them, not about what those divinities do themselves.

1:55 in the trailer: This is almost assuredly our plot-relevant-dragon-girl, dozing away. No lore insight here, but my extremely wild guess is that this is Kid!Naga. I want to believe.

That's all I've got for now - we'll see how things pan out with more info.

I don't think that putting this goddess a rung above dragons produces much information as to the goddess's origins, the dragons could very well take a role more similar to angels being the goddess's messengers and soldiers, with the little girl sleeping perhaps acting more as the voice of the goddess informing people of the goddess's will and then going back to sleep until she is needed again. 

Just another possibility, I would prefer a more ashera type goddess to dragons being the thing of worship again personally.

One of the main reasons I'm dubious about that "Tellian" model of divinity is that the recent FE games and spinoffs have been implicitly leaning into the "single universe" model. This doesn't necessarily imply and inter-connectivity between FE worlds, but it does mean that loading up on several legitimate "capital-D Divinities" presents a bit of a lore problem. When Ashunera is the only legitimate Goddess in the setting, then the question of her origins doesn't need to be asked or answered. When there are multiple Goddesses operating independently within the same universe, that... raises more lore questions.

Because of that, and because of the presence of Not!Tiki there at the end, I'm inclined to see this as far more of an "Archanean" model of Divine-Dragon-As-Goddess.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. 

I saw some parallels between this world and Europe during the middle ages. Not only is there a powerful church that acts as the driving force on the continent (the Catholic church in Europe at the time), but there are also an abundance of small houses instead of larger powers (the houses that were left behind after the fall of Rome among other major powers). 

I realize that that's a big conclusion to be drawing from just a trailer and a couple bits of information, but I find it interesting that they've been emphasizing the power of the church so much without really mentioning other countries. 

2 hours ago, Eliza said:

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. 

I saw some parallels between this world and Europe during the middle ages. Not only is there a powerful church that acts as the driving force on the continent (the Catholic church in Europe at the time), but there are also an abundance of small houses instead of larger powers (the houses that were left behind after the fall of Rome among other major powers). 

I realize that that's a big conclusion to be drawing from just a trailer and a couple bits of information, but I find it interesting that they've been emphasizing the power of the church so much without really mentioning other countries. 

To be fair, religion as any sort of plot point in a fantasy game isn't unheard of.

Something I noticed; the emblems on the cloaks of the bandit-looking guy that first attacks the woman, and the guy (king maybe?) using the falchion/whip, aren't on the circular tapestry image that has a bunch of emblems on the border. Not sure what significance this has, but it's something to note?