Do we know who the composer is? Because I got serious Hiroyuki Sawano vibes.

Yeah, as the title says, do we know who’s doing the music, it definitely sounds like somebody new. And while it’s kinda hard to tell with an English singer rather than the amazing Japanese (I assume Japanese; she rarely actually sings Japanese but I feel a Japanese accent in what she sings no matter the language) woman who usually works with him, the pounding drums, liberal combination of electronic instruments with classical ones, and especially the swelling horns at the part where the protagonist is running around, make me suspect it miiiiiight be Hiroyuki Sawano, the guy responsible for Attack on Titan’s soundtrack, and, of course, the eternally memeworthy Aldnoah Zero music...

I SAY CRYYYYEEEEAAAAIIII!

Edited by Alastor15243

I’m a huge Sawano fan and have listened to a lot of his works, and my gut says it isn’t him. I get where you’re coming from though, especially with the drum line and eguitar backing, but the drum-and-bass, dance-feeling track that backs the vocals in the trailer is outside the realm of what Sawano does (as you said, he typically combines electronic instruments with acoustic, rather than having electronic instruments alone).

Another thing that’s making me think it isn’t him is the singer: she isn’t Mika Kobayashi (his frequently-appearing and very talented Japanese vocalist), and not Cyua, Tielle, Sayulee, nor Gemie, based on the lack of an accent. Aimee Blackschleger is the only singer in his “band” I know of who speaks English 100% fluently, and the voice in our FE16 trailer isn’t hers.

He isn’t known to work with many other singers outside of his usual cast, but it’s totally possible that Sawano simply worked with another singer for this particular song. But looking at the quality of the lyrics, I don’t think that’s the case either. Sawano has almost always stuck with mpi and Benjamin to write his English lyrics, and they end up like this:

“In the tavern ‘Armageddon’

’The horizon’

People were talking of a hunger

Many years back

I was younger”

—From “Layers,” sung by fluent English speaker Aimee Blackschleger

Not hating on Sawano, I do think his English vocal tracks sound good if you’re content with listening to the sound of the singing, rather than the lyrics. But the vocals we’ve got in the trailer sound a lot more fluid and lyrical, which is another fact I think would point away from a Sawano-lead soundtrack.

• 1 year later...

No. FETH musics don't sound like Hiroyuki Sawano's composing style. If you have plenty hearing most of his works, you will definitely know his style. Also goes to Joe Hisaishi, Yoko Shimomura, Yuki Kajiura, Revo, Yasunori Nishiki (the other japanese game and anime music composer that I know so far), etc, they all have their own unique style that easily distinguish. I immediately know feth music composed someone else which i'd never know before, and it's already revealed it's composed by three people : Takeru Kanazaki; Hiroki Morishita, Rei Kondoh (three composers, just like three houses eh?). I'm looking forward to see their other musical pieces!