Poll : The next LORD that may you hope.

please choose what are you hope for the "form" of the next Lord!  

72 members have voted

1. 1. For the storywise that you might hope, where's the Lord's backgrounds came from?

• Royalty / Nobility
    • Military / Militia
    • Civilian / Volunteer
    • Foreigner / Refugee
    • Peasantry / Slave
    • Criminal
    • Exile
    • Tribesman
    • Vagabond
    • Rebel
    • Defector
    • Hired-Soldier
  2. 2. What's the Lord's main weapon type that you hope (may become the type of sacred prf.weapon)?

• Sword
    • Lance
    • Axe
    • Bow / Crossbow
    • Tome (all kinds)
    • Staff
    • Dagger
    • none. Unarmed Combat
  3. 3. The Lord is your skilled commander. What's the Lord's new battlemap's feat that may you hope?

• Leadership-Figure Effect like "Charm", with more benefits to strengthen the allies around the Lord : Improve battle-formations.
    • Harming-Figure Effect like "Reversed-Charm", inspire terror and greatly weakens the enemies around the Lord : demoralizing the enemy's lines.
    • An unique [active] Rally-Command. Example : MERCILESS - all ally units in 3 tiles radius around the Lord gains Critical Rate +30 for 1 turn.
    • An unique [active] Unrally-Sentences. Example : BLUNT - all enemy units in 3 tiles radius around the Lord suffers Str -5 and Mag -5 for 1 turn.
    • Summon [active] : Summon a flying pseudo-unit for assist the battle. The summoned unit cannot be pairing-ups, nor have any squad. Only able to summon one unit. Able to resummoned after the previous unit destroyed. Exp.and item-drops from enemy which killed by the summoned unit automatically transfered to the Lord.
    • none. I prefer the Lord never really care about the enemies or allies (including any Supports), but him/herself and the objectives only. Strong attack Skills.
  4. 4. [When promoted] Do you hope the Lord will be able to wield another weapon?

• Yes. I want the Lord able to wield a secondary weapon type.
    • No. I want the Lord have the S-rank proficiency of the single-type weapon or the unarmed one.
  5. 5. [When promoted] The Lord started as a regular infantry unit with movements 5. After promotion, including the squad-type, you hope the Lord may becomes....

• An unique infantry who have improved all-terrain flexibility. Movement +2. -OR- An unique sturdy armored-infantry who have no armour-type weaknesses. Movement +1.
    • Cavalry. Dismountable (movements 5 when dismounted). Rides an unique fastest steed which have no beast-type weaknesses. Movement +4. [Special for Unarmed-Combatant : when battle while still mounted, the steed would be the one who clashing the enemy.]
    • Flier. Dismountable (movements 5 when dismounted). Rides an unique flying steed which have no flying-type weaknesses. Movement +3. [Special for Unarmed-Combatant : when battle while still mounted, the steed would be the one who attacking the enemy.]
    • Like most traditional infantry Lord who just gaining stats. Movement +1.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/31/2019 at 11:59 PM

We believed those characters confirmed are :

A -----> the unconfirmed true LORD

Byleth - sensei, perhaps the avatar

Claude - major character

Dimitri - major character

Edelgard - major character

Now, what will you hope about A?

Edited by illegal knight

I’m not a huge fan of lords promoting to cavalry. I like cavalry and all but it feels so weird when a previously non mounted lord becomes mounted. Doesn’t help that in basically every case they had lamer animations when promoted (especially with Seliph).

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

None of the above. My ideal lord would be a charismatic rogue that starts with a dagger. After a crisis of conscience, they reluctantly join a mercenary band. 

As the character becomes more supportive and grows into a leader, they would gain access to staves.

This so much, I would love a dagger lord who comes from the dark and dirty streets and ends up saving the world.

I find it really interesting that a lance lord has the most votes. I think Ephraim and Shareena left a good mark on the community. Also it looks like axes still don't have many fans. What really surprises me is the large amount of votes for the lord being from a military background as opposed to a noble one. Every lord except for Ike has been noble so I guess there's an itch for more Ike-like lords.

29 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I guess I just want to see someone like Sothe, but done way better. 

Someone like Sothe would be neat as long as they have several support options.

1 minute ago, EricaofRenais said:

Someone like Sothe would be neat as long as they have several support options.

To that end, would you prefer a traditional gritty rogue, a Nathan Drake type character, a silver tongued thief (sort of like Bastian), an assassin for hire, or a bard?

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

To that end, would you prefer a traditional gritty rogue, a Nathan Drake type character, a silver tongued thief (sort of like Bastian), an assassin for hire, or a bard?

Gritty Rogue who can smooth talk people when they need to would be my ideal.

I want a lord with staff , after all you don't want your lord to die so it's better if he stay behind where he can give order and heal, i also want more staff to use. (also Killing the evil dragon with a S rank staff could be really fun).

my ideal lord would be a criminal that raises from the shit where he's always been to the point when he gains respect, but that keeps being judged by others without even knowing him

i'd love him to be an archer, able to wields another weapon type after promotion, maybe lances, but staying as an infantry unit, just gaining stats points and +1 in movement

being a criminal, he would threaten enemies, causing some maluses, for example less evasion and hit rate

Edited by Yexin

I had a rather interesting idea for a “lord” character sometime back. Rather than the Fire Emblem standard, the protagonist would be a mage of some noble standing but not royalty with a goal of traveling the land to learn more about magic, perhaps trying to find an area or old books on past magic. Most people joining would either have common goals, be in it for the wanderlust, have relations with current allies, or travel with the party to repay some debt. I imagine battles being mainly bandit attacks, trying to clear out towns the protagonist is trying research, or saving people due to an overly has-to-be-a-hero body guard or unwaveringly moral sibling to the main protagonist (the protagonist mainly diverting from his goal out of necessity). It’s unconventional but something I figured was completely different than standard FE titles.

Edited by Arcphoenix

It'd be cool to have a dark protagonist. We've never had one who wasn't a noble person trying to do right by everyone. For example, since we now know that Byleth is the protagonist, have him be some wandering tactition/teacher like Mark from FE7. He gets dragged in to teach the lords at their lord academy. During this time he can gain their trust and convince them to help him in his goals. After a while they either wisen up and abandon him, becoming the main force that opposes him at the end of the story, or he turns on them and ends up as the main villain.

Really any sort of anti-hero. Load this game up with moral grey.

Playing as the evil empire would be cool too, but it would be hard to do without it being a rofl-stomp.

19 minutes ago, immatx said:

Load this game up with moral grey.

Playing as the evil empire would be cool too, but it would be hard to do without it being a rofl-stomp.

Playing an evil empire isn’t really moral gray, and you can’t be the opposing group simply because of how it’s defined XD

But what if the character you control is on the side without the Fire Emblem? The other empire is upset at the one you’re in, and they have every right to be. It’s your god/goddess that the opposing faction wants to slay and your royalty, believing it will solve their troubles. I’d say this idea could probably be played with in an interesting way done right. Neither side would necessarily be the good or bad guys for it to work well.

Edited by Arcphoenix

21 minutes ago, Arcphoenix said:

Playing an evil empire isn’t really moral gray, and you can’t be the opposing group simply because of how it’s defined XD

But what if the character you control is on the side without the Fire Emblem? The other empire is upset at the one you’re in, and they have every right to be. It’s your god/goddess that the opposing faction wants to slay and your royalty, believing it will solve their troubles. I’d say this idea could probably be played with in an interesting way done right. Neither side would necessarily be the good or bad guys for it to work well.

Ah, those were actually two separate ideas. Your version of the 'evil empire' per say is definitely better because it does incorporate the moral grey. I was just thinking it'd be nice to play as Zephiel and Bern or Deain(sp?) just to see how people would react to a game where you're clearly the bad guy.

But putting in moral grey is what can make this game great imo. Someone made a reddit post a while back on the arcs of Awakening. They went into a lot of detail on how the first arc with Gangrel. If you looked at it from their perspective, they were just trying to defend themselves when it looked like the country that had previously razed them was coming back (even though it was partially a setup). A lot of the dialogue with the bosses their described them as normal people trying to pick themselves back up, and that after they saw Emmeryn's sacrifice they didn't want to fight anymore because they realized that a war wasn't Ylisse's intention.

Doing something like that but on a much grander scale, without evil cults and dragons controlling things behind the scenes would make for such a great game imo, possibly the best game in the series.

3 hours ago, Lau said:

I want a tome wielding rebel who is a strategist in their own right.

The pen is mightier than the sword, no?

You mean, Micaiah? 

That being said, I think that Micaiah may have been better liked if she'd been in a game on her own and didn't have to share the spotlight with Ike, who was one of the more popular lords in the series. The lack of support conversations certainly didn't help her. 

21 minutes ago, SimplyUnknown said:

You mean, Micaiah? 

That being said, I think that Micaiah may have been better liked if she'd been in a game on her own and didn't have to share the spotlight with Ike, who was one of the more popular lords in the series. The lack of support conversations certainly didn't help her. 

I also think it didn't help her case that she showed overt hostility and bias towards Ike. While her feelings were understandable given Ike's position as a war hero from the opposite side, he had done nothing to her or her people to deserve her contempt. 

It's hard to like a character when they are antagonistic to a character that you already like. 

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

I also think it didn't help her case that she showed overt hostility and bias towards Ike. While her feelings were understandable given Ike's position as a war hero from the opposite side, he had done nothing to her or her people to deserve her contempt. 

It's hard to like a character when they are antagonistic to a character that you already like. 

Yeah, but that issue would have also been averted if she'd starred in her own game. And there is also some suggestion that part of her bias against Ike was jealousy as well.