Three versions?

I doubt it. Switch games are way more pricey, they would be dumb to force us to buy three games for the complete experience, even at a reduced price.

Maybe there will be mutiple paths like Fates or an improved version of RD

1 minute ago, IEatLasers said:

*hugs* hi!!!

Hi! Long time no see!

You have arrived just in time for the hype train.

Just now, This boi uses Nino said:

No, i dont think so but it would be pretty assy of them to do it.

i ain’t sure, they may just different choices like they said I just hope they are full fledged games if they do that. 

To me, id rather then focus on one path!

6 minutes ago, Nym said:

Hi! Long time no see!

You have arrived just in time for the hype train.

Thats on purpose! 

I am really hoping not. Like second person said, Switch games are more pricier. I don't think that Nintendo is that suicidal to incorporate three separate versions. 

I wouldn't mind multiple playthroughs if there are separate routes though. It is plausible for interactive fiction but incorporating in a game with graphics would be huge though. 

I honestly don't know but I hope to God not. Not just for the sake of my money, but for the sake of the entire experience and gameplay. I'd prefer an experience more like Radiant Dawn, where we switch between the houses at intervals before the three of them come together at the end against an unexpected greater evil. That's probably a pipe-dream though.

I doubt it. Fire Emblem may be growing in popularity, but I don't think it has the clout to continue pulling multiple versions. Besides, doing all for the Switch would probably require more work than Intelligent Systems wants.

In all honesty, it's kind of why I'm beginning to think "Three Houses" isn't the best subtitle. After the fiasco with Fates, such a title just seems to be putting people on edge.

@IEatLasers Don't give them any bright ideas. :)  Hopefully, Nintendo is keen enough to appease their fanbase.  Although, sales numbers indicate otherwise. 

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=fire+emblem

I do think PoR and Radiant Dawn sales numbers would be similar if they had actually printed more copies and made digital copies available on Wii & Wii-U.

7 hours ago, Mad-manakete said:

an unexpected greater evil.

After 27 years of a greater evil being the one thing that Fire Emblem relies on, there's no way that Intelligent Systems can play this straight without coming across as thinking its fandom lacks pattern recognition.

As for the answer to your question, before Fates, I'd have said no. After Fates, I wouldn't be surprised.

I think it's unlikely. The Japanese title doesn't hint at any kind of three-way division like the English title does, and building three new games on a new system seems like a bit too much effort for IntSys. 

That said, I'll be immensely disappointed if we do get three versions. I'd probably still end up playing one of them, but more than likely I'd buy it used.

they're NOT going to make us pay 70€/$ x 3 just to live the same story from a different point of view

the "multiple armies" structure of radiant dawn seems to me the most plausible option

5 hours ago, ciphertul said:

Well I can see multiple groups in different parts or maybe the split in SS where the destination is the same put the paths are slightly changed

I like this! like radiant dawn’s ending had 3 paths 

personally, I think that alternate paths can be great or it can detract from a good solid story 

No way, IS will get some serious backlash if they try that. Like it's been said Switch games are expensive and three of them would cost a fortune, especially if some fans don't have a Switch yet. I doubt that they will try it again almost twice in a row. They could have turned Echoes into two separate games but they didn't.  Also from the trailer this seems to only have one story, no alternate realities like in Fates. I am hoping this will either be like FE7 with a story mode for each of the three lords. Or like in Radiant Dawn where you switch between factions. Or even like in FE8 where you choose who to go with for a few chapters and then regroup towards the end.

Oh please no. Just no. That would be a heinous to do that, especially after Fates.

On 14/06/2018 at 11:39 AM, jake72002 said:

it won't be three.... IT WOULD BE FOUR!!!!! ??????

... if that happens, that means one thing, God exist, he possess the president of IS, and he hate the Fire Emblem fanbase.
Or Satan, or put whataver Deity or Demon you want, but it's funnier with God.

I mean, Fates, just.... Fates man.

If Fire Emblem was an EA franchise, it would be the core game with microtransactions/loot boxes for &60, with the two alternate factions costing $35 each for maximum profit potential but being that it is Nintendo, probably just the game with DLC down the line.