Classes You Know About, Expect to See, or Want to See

2 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

On the topic of Galeforce, if it does return it should probably be a combat art to prevent it's complete brokenness, sack 20HP or whatever the cost for Arts is in this game(I have a feeling it may be weapon durability points) to move and attack again after combat. Being a combat art would also mean it wouldn't be tied to a class but most likely weapon proficiency or specific characters, say when a Falcon Knight gets to A Rank in Lances they are able to learn Galeforce, but another Falcon Knight is able to learn another art because the arts are tied to the unit. I'd imagine about 3 or 4 characters would be able to learn Galeforce as a weapon art and might be considered one of the rarer ones throughout the game.

Although I dislike the HP costing aspect of combat arts if that concept returns I can see that being a thing in a risky situation. 

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

Although I dislike the HP costing aspect of combat arts if that concept returns I can see that being a thing in a risky situation. 

With the re-introduction of Weapon Durability I could see combat arts draining weapon uses instead of HP; a combat art using a Silver Sword will be really powerful but will really damage the sword's durability.

1 hour ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

With the re-introduction of Weapon Durability I could see combat arts draining weapon uses instead of HP; a combat art using a Silver Sword will be really powerful but will really damage the sword's durability.

Now I'm wondering if the Armsthrift skill will return since if that would be the case it'll be valuable which also depends on if skill buying returns.

1 hour ago, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

Now I'm wondering if the Armsthrift skill will return since if that would be the case it'll be valuable which also depends on if skill buying returns.

If weapon durability is what you pay to use combat arts I could only see armsthrift as a boss only skill and/or an overpowered dlc class skill.

3 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Now that, right there, is an excellent idea! I wasn't a fan of losing health in regards to using combat arts (which is why I don't use them often), but maybe something like that will help a lot.

On 7/14/2018 at 11:56 PM, HappyHawlucha. said:

I agree. With some skills, I would rather break the weapon than break the game.

On 6/24/2018 at 7:58 AM, vanguard333 said:

I think the spell animations in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn were better.

They may not wield tomes, but, to be honest, the magic variety in recent FE games has been pretty much non-existent. If this allows for greater variety in spells (bring back light magic!), and there are still dedicated magic-wielding classes like mages and clerics, then I'm fine with it. 

The issue is, magic variety was virtually nonexistent even with the triangle. Just look at Radiant Dawn - the three anima types have only 6 tomes for seven ranks. Dark has its lowest at C, and Light has seven (discounting Thani), but two of them are S rank. All of them fall under the same general pattern (5 [4 for dark] tomes of progressively higher might, with a long range tome somewhere in the middle).

On 6/29/2018 at 9:22 AM, vanguard333 said:

Druids would be cool to see return.

That being said, I can only speak for myself, but I would like to see druids wield more than just dark magic. The name druid originates from the Ancient Celts, and Celtic Mythology was full of all kinds of really cool nature-based magic, including: voluntary shapeshifting, involuntary shapeshifting, utilizing the forest itself in a major battle (think that scene in the second Lord of the Rings movie; only enchantment, rather than talking trees), etc.

To be clear; I'm not saying that druids should be entitled to two unique forms of magic; I'm saying that since dark magic is already referred to as "Elder Magic" in certain FE games, maybe it should be more than just dark magic? Maybe it could also have some nature magic?

Druids could use anima magic as well in Sacred Stones.

Edited by Shadow Mir

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

Druids could use anima magic as well in Sacred Stones.

I meant in terms of different magic. The way it usually is in FE if I'm not mistaken is that mages practice the common and widely recognized magic (anima), while druids/dark mages wield more dangerous, unusual forms of magic. So why not make it that the "Elder Magic" is more than just casting shadows? Why not also have them manipulate plant-life, or have spells that create an eerie, poisonous fog?

47 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

I meant in terms of different magic. The way it usually is in FE if I'm not mistaken is that mages practice the common and widely recognized magic (anima), while druids/dark mages wield more dangerous, unusual forms of magic. So why not make it that the "Elder Magic" is more than just casting shadows? Why not also have them manipulate plant-life, or have spells that create an eerie, poisonous fog?

I recall anima being called nature in blazing blade and manipulating plant life sounds more nature than dark, maybe poisonous fog, but then we go into the effects of such magic and I really don't like poison strike, savage blow, and grisly wound personally, and most would agree that poison weapons in most games are worthless.

I mean I want to try to make fire emblem magic not suck in the animation and variety department (I swear to god I will be pissed if they use excalibur again), but I do think that we need to keep some consistency, I personally would like to see some real lore behind magic in fire emblem, Radiant Dawn looked at ideas like advancements being made with the invention of rewarp and I think it would be neat to see them establish some real things, rather than just have it exist and leave it at that.

7 hours ago, senior firehood said:

Is it possiple that nintendo show us something about fe 3H on gamescom?

Or do you think they do a direct in the next year?

I'm expecting the game to come out in late march, and what we saw in the trailer seemed a ways away from launch quality so im not expecting substantial news until November/December

On 7/25/2018 at 5:15 PM, senior firehood said:

Is it possiple that nintendo show us something about fe 3H on gamescom?

Or do you think they do a direct in the next year?

Been a long time here not surprising with the big drought again which will be for a LONG while *ahem* anyway the only thing I can see this year regarding Three Houses is possibly the next direct likely around the time before TGS 2018 with a different trailer nothing too big again. If it does we might get more stuff via scans like in the past. I agree with above with it coming out late March since cipher of S16 for FE16 will be release around then and we never get a series release/reveal until the official release of the game first. So overall the wait is gonna be brutal so its best to keep on watch for anything at this point(gonna be inactive again).

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

I want a sword wielding armored knight. Knights are meant to use swords like in Final Fantasy. And expect that they will also look cool rather than stupid like in Awakening and Fates. Something similiar to RD designs but with slightly less bulk and not as massive as the Marshall armors.

1 hour ago, DiogoJorge said:

I want a sword wielding armored knight. Knights are meant to use swords like in Final Fantasy. And expect that they will also look cool rather than stupid like in Awakening and Fates. Something similiar to RD designs but with slightly less bulk and not as massive as the Marshall armors.

So that isn't actually correct, and using Final Fantasy is actually not a good reference, Knights in Medieval times actually used lances, because back then they were they were the modern day equivalent of a tank, they would hit a line and with their thick armor would mow many people down on horseback until their lances broken, then would pull a sword as a last resort, the armor back then was really heavy and not suited for great movement, and the Footsmen that would fight beside them would use spears. Back then, Knights always fought on horseback as well, unless their horse was slain or otherwise unable to participate, since it was also a Social status thing.

53 minutes ago, MyBoyHector said:

So that isn't actually correct, and using Final Fantasy is actually not a good reference, Knights in Medieval times actually used lances, because back then they were they were the modern day equivalent of a tank, they would hit a line and with their thick armor would mow many people down on horseback until their lances broken, then would pull a sword as a last resort, the armor back then was really heavy and not suited for great movement, and the Footsmen that would fight beside them would use spears. Back then, Knights always fought on horseback as well, unless their horse was slain or otherwise unable to participate, since it was also a Social status thing.

I know, but sword and board just looks cooler, since main characters usually use them.

And that is the other reason why they won't do it, since the need to have the ability to counter the weapon triangle is necessary, so they give you a spear unit, to counter swords, cause your lord is a counter to axes :P  Though with what appears to be a spear lord and bow lord, hopefully they will have fun with breaking the norm, but its fire emblem, I dont foresee them straying farm from the norm.

1 hour ago, MyBoyHector said:

Armour wasn't that heavy; it was about the same weight (if not less) than the equipment a modern soldier carries, and the weight was distributed across the body. It also doesn't restrict movement as much as you would think; for just one example, there are lots of videos online of people doing front/backflips and rock climbing in plate armour. Knights could fight on foot as well as anyone else. English Knights even rode to the battlefield, but then dismounted and fought on foot. The only real downside to armour was that the wearer would heat up rather quickly. 

Armour also wasn't very thick. By any chance, are you taking reference from jousting armour? That armour was thick and restricting, but only because the knight only had to charge in a straight line for a brief period of time. Tournament armour was far thicker and more restricting than battlefield armour. 

You are correct about swords being a secondary weapon. On the battlefield, swords (greatswords being the exception) were sidearms, like a pistol to a modern soldier. You're also correct about Final Fantasy not being a good reference. 

1 hour ago, vanguard333 said:

Armour wasn't that heavy; it was about the same weight (if not less) than the equipment a modern soldier carries, and the weight was distributed across the body. It also doesn't restrict movement as much as you would think; for just one example, there are lots of videos online of people doing front/backflips and rock climbing in plate armour. Knights could fight on foot as well as anyone else. English Knights even rode to the battlefield, but then dismounted and fought on foot. The only real downside to armour was that the wearer would heat up rather quickly. 

Armour also wasn't very thick. By any chance, are you taking reference from jousting armour? That armour was thick and restricting, but only because the knight only had to charge in a straight line for a brief period of time. Tournament armour was far thicker and more restricting than battlefield armour. 

You are correct about swords being a secondary weapon. On the battlefield, swords (greatswords being the exception) were sidearms, like a pistol to a modern soldier. You're also correct about Final Fantasy not being a good reference. 

And why is that? Both are fantasy games, and I take flashy moves over realistic ones.

9 hours ago, DiogoJorge said:

And why is that? Both are fantasy games, and I take flashy moves over realistic ones

Because Fire emblem derives its theme from the real world, Like Hoshido is based on Japan, Noir is Europe, Beginion is like a weird version of Rome, etc.  Final fantasy is not based on the real world at all, thus not suited for any reference. The only thing you could compare the two together would be Final Fantasy Tactics, as they are both Tactical RPGS, although their style is different.

Also Fire Emblem is flashy, have you seen the Critical Animations and the ridiculous moves they pull in any of the games?

I never Played Fates, so i don't have first hand experience if it's good or not, but i think the deal with having a Thief class and the Formations mechanic can be fixed with the Outlaw class. Not only there's more reason for a Outlaw to run a gang, i can see a group of fragile bow-users with utility skills be more usefull on the battlefield then more squishy sword users, as i think there's too much classes that use swords and don't see any signal yet of Knives/Hidden Weapons being present. 

Also i think it's fair to have more than one unpromoted bow-using class, so you can use this as a excuse to give the Archers better HP Defense and/or Resistence, so they are the actual bow-using soldiers and can take advantage of the 1-range counter (maybe attack too?) they are getting, as i feel it would be useless for the common Archer Build.

If i could choose their promotions i would make them both promote into Snipers to take full advantage of the bow, the Archers also get the Bow Knight and the Outlaws the Trickster/Adventurer-like utility-focused class, as i feel Assassins don't work in the context of Formations. 

One more thing, what about "Dancers"? I have tought about a Bard unit with a Formation of bandmembers behind it but it may be too silly. Maybe it will be an Anew Magic/Staff? Or a totally new thing like Heron Laguz? Maybe if this one has heavy focus on Manakete with various different types there will be a utility-focused one that acts as a Dancer?

Edited by RexBolt

7 hours ago, MyBoyHector said:

Because Fire emblem derives its theme from the real world, Like Hoshido is based on Japan, Noir is Europe, Beginion is like a weird version of Rome, etc.  Final fantasy is not based on the real world at all, thus not suited for any reference. The only thing you could compare the two together would be Final Fantasy Tactics, as they are both Tactical RPGS, although their style is different.

Also Fire Emblem is flashy, have you seen the Critical Animations and the ridiculous moves they pull in any of the games?

My point precisely, why change that and make it realistic? They should go with what looks cool and keep improving that formula. Knights looks cool with swords and I'm not sugesting they get rid of lances either.

In fact, knights should be able to use both swords and lances from the get-go, like the cavaliers do. Knights are pretty much mid tier at best, with only a few exceptions, so might as well give them some extra advantages.

Edited by DiogoJorge

I always liked the Armor Knight variations that you had in Radiant Dawn, meaning you had a Sword one, two Lance wielders and an Axe one. I would really like to see this again, I also liked it how when they got to 3rd Tier they could wield all weapons except for bows. My personal favorite are Axe Armors, especially if they are carrying a big, massive shield as well, one of the things I love about the Marshall design in Radiant Dawn, Barons in echoes looks really good too although I would have liked it if the shield was bigger.

I don't mind Armor Knights being Lance locked before promotion, but i don't really like the Cavaliers classic set. Having the pre-promoted horse unit also starting with 2/3 of the triangle just make them worth even more than normal units, without even looking at Canto.

I think, except for Lords/Avatars, all pre-promoted units should have only one weapon amd gain more by promotion. Bringing back the Sword/Lance/Axe/Bow knights as in Path of Radiance so there's more diversity of mounted units. 

Also, if we have multiple unit that start with the same weapon but different skills and promotions,  i would like it a lot. Like, Mercenary and Myrmidon, Armor knight and Soldier, Fighter and Pirate/Barbarian, Archer and Outlaw, plus a Cavalier version of each weapon. I know it a whole lot of classes without even getting to magic and extras, but there's nothing bad about whising it.