Classes You Know About, Expect to See, or Want to See

On ‎2018‎-‎10‎-‎17 at 9:38 PM, Smog said:

I would like to see a martial artist who uses nunchucks and also engages in close-combat. I would consider nunchucks to be part of the Axe family as clubs were in Fates. 

Base Class:

Martial Artist (Weapon: Nunchucks) Also, has the option to punch and kick. 

Promoted classes:

Black Belt: Same weapons as a Martial Artist but this time it can learn submission holds as well. 

The 2nd option for promoted class would probably someone who has the fighting style similar to Ban from The Seven Deadly Sins anime. I still can't think of a class name though. He or she will still use nunchucks and have the option to engage in physical combat but not be able to put submission hold. 

Also, any other close-combat fighter class would be great.

Sadly; this is probably unlikely, given that Three Houses seems to be returning to Medieval Fantasy. Plus, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that nun-chucks were never meant to be a lethal weapon; they were meant as training weapons. It would be like seeing a swordmaster on the battlefield with a wooden sword or a feder (a German training sword).

That being said, it's not like fighting in Medieval Europe came down to untrained brutes beating each other with sticks; there was martial arts; there was technique. There was unarmed combat in the middle ages: it largely came down to wrestling your opponent to the ground so you could capture him alive for ransom or kill him, as enemies in full armour were very hard to kill. I wouldn't mind seeing Historical European Martial Arts (HEMA) appearing in FE in attack animations and skills; in fact, as a HEMA practitioner, I would love to see it. 

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want that Avatar classes have Exp-boosting skills. Avatars already can be part of every chapter of the game and reclass into anything, there's no sense for them to have something that makes them be so ahead of their peers, it's anoying. I would rather have a skill that boosts the exp of unit's i'm supporting.

I want third tier classes to return, particularly sentinel and marksman.

also ballistician, i’ve never played a ballistician character outside of fates and want to give them a proper spin. 

Edited by Masadeer

2 hours ago, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

I'd like more different types of mounts like the Griffons and Kinshis to return.

Me too, but as their own line, please. I don't really like switching mounts, but when the character has a clear love of it it's nearly impossible,

And it would be good to close the triangle and have a line of flying swordies.

Seeing that the setting of the story seems to be inspired by medieval Europe, I'd like to see a class similar to the dark mage. However, instead of straight up doing damage to the enemy, they cast curses/hexes that cause status effects or chips damage over time (similar to poison strike). Maybe they can also heal but by transferring HP between units. So they sacrifice a set amount of HP of Unit A and transfers it to Unit B. 

9 hours ago, zuibangde said:

Seeing that the setting of the story seems to be inspired by medieval Europe, I'd like to see a class similar to the dark mage. However, instead of straight up doing damage to the enemy, they cast curses/hexes that cause status effects or chips damage over time (similar to poison strike). Maybe they can also heal but by transferring HP between units. So they sacrifice a set amount of HP of Unit A and transfers it to Unit B. 

I think that would be better as its own class, like a warlock class.

I would so love to see units dismount in this one. That would be brilliant, especially if we do retain the different types of mounts introduced in previous games. I haven't browsed the seven pages of this topic, but I'm quite sure I'm not the first one to say this.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to see them bring back some older classes such as Griffon riders as their own class line like this
Griffon rider
——> Griffon Knight
——> Griffon lord

Griffon rider starts with swords and have impressive speed and attack but poor defensive capabilities.
Griffon knights gain bows and gain better speed and attack but still keep the rather poor defences. This would replace the ascetic that the kinshi knight had while still keep their niche.
Griffon Lords gain axes and gain more defence and resistance but comparable offensive capabilities to their rider counterparts, still good but the Knights would hit harder and faster. If there won't be a split promotion this one would the be default.

Skills:
Griffon rider: Discipline and Hit and Run (after attacking user moves back two spaces)
Griffon knights: Desperation (when under 50% hp and is able to attack twice, the user can attack as though they have a brave effect for their first attack. Ex: Attack-attack-defend instead of attack-defend-attack) and Air superiority.
Griffon lords: Resolve and Canto (GBA version where they can pick up someone and still move in the same turn)

I'd also like to see the same be done with the dark flier class, maybe something like this:
Mage flier
------> Magi Flier
------> Palladion Flier

Mage fliers would be like the Dark fliers but don't have access to lances and be a base class with decent speed and attack but suffer from poor skill and even worse defense and an OK resistance stat.

Magi Fliers would be similar to their most recent counterparts. Unlike the Dark fliers of old however, they would be purely focused on offensive magic. Compared to the mage flier they gain more speed and magic as well as a slight bump to their skill, but still keep the rather poor defenses.

Palladium flier would focus more on support, compared to the Magi flier they would have better defense, magic, and resistance, they would also gain access to staffs.

Skills:
Mage flier:  Magic +2 and Darting blow ( +5 double attack threshold when user initiates battle )
Magi flier: Distant defense (Reduces damage dealt by attacks 2 squares or more away) and Adept
Palladion flier: Countermagic and Sunlight (Restores up to 20% HP of allies within two spaces at the start of each turn, the old Amaterasu skill renamed)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest This Guy
On 10/23/2018 at 6:50 PM, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

I'd like more different types of mounts like the Griffons and Kinshis to return.

I'd love to see Bear Calvary like Kislev from Warhammer.

Since a part of the story seems to take place at some academy, do you think there will be school-related classes/naming? 

For example

Villager ~ Student

Dancer ~ Cheerleader

Myrmidon ~ Delinquent

3 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Since a part of the story seems to take place at some academy, do you think there will be school-related classes/naming? 

For example

Villager ~ Student

Dancer ~ Cheerleader

Myrmidon ~ Delinquent

I can see Student taking over Vilager, but not the later two.

And i have a feeling, just a hunch, that the refreshers of this game will just be the Anew magic/staff.

I don't want it to be, i want a Bard class with actual promotions and that's no locked to a single character. But Echoes was used to experiment on a lot of things to use here as we see with Combat Arts, so Anew it may be. 

19 hours ago, RexBolt said:

I can see Student taking over Vilager, but not the later two.

And i have a feeling, just a hunch, that the refreshers of this game will just be the Anew magic/staff.

I don't want it to be, i want a Bard class with actual promotions and that's no locked to a single character. But Echoes was used to experiment on a lot of things to use here as we see with Combat Arts, so Anew it may be. 

I hope it's not an Anew staff. That would be so boring aesthetically.

And yeah I'd rather have some sort of Bard system in place. Since the Japanese title of the game references the 4 seasons in some way, I'd rather have 4 Bards that reference Vivaldi's Four Seasons. Each bard you get would have some sort of bonus and plays a tune that's reminiscent of the season they represent. But that could be me just wishful thinking.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2019 at 4:00 AM, Dandy Druid said:

And yeah I'd rather have some sort of Bard system in place. Since the Japanese title of the game references the 4 seasons in some way, I'd rather have 4 Bards that reference Vivaldi's Four Seasons. Each bard you get would have some sort of bonus and plays a tune that's reminiscent of the season they represent. But that could be me just wishful thinking.

This. Vivaldi's Four Seasons is one of my favorite peices of music. And why should we be limited to one Bard/Dancer/Singer? If they want to make the game fair, they can have it so that you can ony deploy one of them per map.

12 hours ago, PrincessAlyson said:

This. Vivaldi's Four Seasons is one of my favorite peices of music. And why should we be limited to one Bard/Dancer/Singer? If they want to make the game fair, they can have it so that you can ony deploy one of them per map.

Exactly. Since it seems like your unit leads a troop of people, it would make sense to have a band. Before battle, you select the leader of the band and they'll be the one to show up on the field while the others appear during the music/battle sequences like the generic peons do. This avoids the "infinite dance" problem and we get a variety of refreshers. I like the idea of building an army AND a band.

On 1/22/2019 at 12:58 AM, Dandy Druid said:

Since it seems like your unit leads a troop of people, it would make sense to have a band.

Indeed. Military bands have always been around. They needed horns, drums and fife to covey messages and orders. Music lifts the spirit as well, so I'd love to have a band be the refresher along with some added lore or function. Maybe they can play different songs too, like the rally skills. Maybe boost morale if that was implemented in the game. 

4 hours ago, PrincessAlyson said:

Indeed. Military bands have always been around. They needed horns, drums and fife to covey messages and orders. Music lifts the spirit as well, so I'd love to have a band be the refresher along with some added lore or function. Maybe they can play different songs too, like the rally skills. Maybe boost morale if that was implemented in the game. 

Yeah that would be interesting. I think having 4 or so bards would be good, each of them have their own set of skills. I know drummers have used to intimidate enemies as the drummer's army approach, so perhaps one bard plays the drum and gives a debuff to enemies within 5 spaces or so. Perhaps the horn bard would buff his allies stats. And the fife player can have a small healing effect. Something like that.

1 hour ago, ElectiveToast said:

Given this appears to be heavily rooted in medieval European history, the Japanese based-classes (Theif and Myrmidon) should be given a break. Other classes should be rehased in aesthetics to more resemble their historical counterparts. 

myrmidons were greek and thief is too generic to be anything else.

also, I really don't see any reason why they should retire or change any specific aesthetics, this isn't a historical reenactment, it is a fantasy world, if they want to throw in a japanese inspired class I don't see why not, should we get rid of the manakete class because historical medieval warfare didn't account for dragons? Old man is packing an OP whip sword, we threw historical accuracy away a long time ago.

2 hours ago, ElectiveToast said:

Given this appears to be heavily rooted in medieval European history, the Japanese based-classes (Theif and Myrmidon) should be given a break. Other classes should be rehased in aesthetics to more resemble their historical counterparts. 

I think that's an interesting idea. While I don't think that they should remove Japanese-based stuff outright (and I would hardly consider the thief class Japanese-based), it might be a good idea to dial it back; especially after Fates.

For thief, considering that there are groups and formations in this game, it would be cool to see the thief class work as something like a band of outlaws; a more serious (or perhaps not) version of Robin Hood and his Merry Men. 

For Myrmidon, it might be cool to see a more "Medieval European" take on the class' design. I'm thinking something like a combination of these two ideas:

Image result for gambeson and jack chainsImage result for gambeson and jack chains

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

also, I really don't see any reason why they should retire or change any specific aesthetics, this isn't a historical reenactment, it is a fantasy world, if they want to throw in a japanese inspired class I don't see why not, should we get rid of the manakete class because historical medieval warfare didn't account for dragons? Old man is packing an OP whip sword, we threw historical accuracy away a long time ago.

The Myrmidon name is Greek. The class' design however is often very Japanese.

Regarding what I bolded; you seem to think that historical accuracy is an on/off switch; that just because it has dragons and whip swords then it suddenly shouldn't have any accuracy. In truth, historical accuracy in popular media is more of a spectrum. Fire Emblem has always had plenty of liberties and plenty of cool and fairly accurate details at the same time. 

4 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I’m talking about for aesthetics, not actual gameplay. Oh, and the thief class is based off of ninjas by design. 

The reason for this is because of the heavy European roots the game seems to have. Though, Vanguard does have a point in re-doing the aesthetics of the myrmidon. That can actually work. 

Oh, and while dragons didn’t exist historically in Medieval Europe, there is plenty of dragon lore to go off of. 

Edited by ElectiveToast

8 hours ago, ElectiveToast said:

Though, Vanguard does have a point in re-doing the aesthetics of the myrmidon. That can actually work.

Thanks. I've wanted to see gambeson and jack chains (the arm armour in the image on the right; it was a cheaper alternative to full plate) in FE for a while, and I think it would be perfect for a myrmidon redesign. 

15 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

For Myrmidon, it might be cool to see a more "Medieval European" take on the class' design. I'm thinking something like a combination of these two ideas:

I am liking your idea. Those pictures are a really good example of a plausible Medieval European style Myrmidon. 

2 hours ago, PrincessAlyson said:

I am liking your idea. Those pictures are a really good example of a plausible Medieval European style Myrmidon. 

Thanks. I'm honestly surprised that my idea is getting this much positive reception. 

A thought just came to my mind that adds to my idea: if the Myrmidon wears a long gambeson and jack chains, what should be added when it promotes to Swordmaster?