Classes You Know About, Expect to See, or Want to See

Guest nanashi
2 hours ago, Ayra said:

My best guess is that Wyverns are going to require both Flying and Heavy Armor training. They are the tough and durable flyers, so it would make sense.

Triangle attack I'm really unsure about; it's a possibility though.

I think the Triangle attack might become a gambit or gambit boost. As for a pegis tri or any archetype in general you might have to set them up yourself. 

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder which skills or arts will be class-locked or "acquired on one class but usable in another".

Astra comes to mind for Swordmasters.

PS. If this isn't the appropriate topic to post this please give me the link to the correct one.

8 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

I wonder which skills or arts will be class-locked or "acquired on one class but usable in another".

Astra comes to mind for Swordmasters.

PS. If this isn't the appropriate topic to post this please give me the link to the correct one.

It could be relevant. This topic is more about speculation on the classes themselves, but this still sort-of counts as talking about the classes. 

Having certain skills be class-locked would probably be a good gameplay mechanic, but only if reclassing returns, and I don't think we've seen if it will return. 

Speaking of skills like Astra, I was thinking that maybe those kinds of skills should return, but as class-specific (rather than weapon-specific) combat arts. Since we know combat arts are returning and cost weapon durability instead of HP, having skills like Astra and Luna be reworked into combat arts would take away the RNG factor and make their uses more tactical. 

Imagine Astra, instead of occurring randomly based on the character's stats, was a combat art that any Swordmaster could use with any sword and costed 4 durability to use. I think that would be a great improvement on those kinds of skills. 

On 6/14/2018 at 6:26 PM, Corrobin said:

On 6/14/2018 at 6:41 PM, Corrobin said:

Well, I do want to see Thieves and Assassins, I'm just not sure how it's going to work.

Classes I want to see:

-Different kinds of cavaliers (Sword Cavs, Lance Cavs, Axe Cavs, Bow Cavs)

-Myrmidons and Mercenaries

-Mages of all kinds (Light Mages, Dark Mages, Fire, Wind, and Thunder Mages, Mage Knights, Mage Fighters, Sages, etc.)

-Warriors

Sorry for replying to an older post.

I think you get to pick what small army of troops you have, like maybe lance users with a Thief for example

Edited by Nanios

6 hours ago, Nanios said:

Sorry for replying to an older post.

I think you get to pick what small army of troops you have, like maybe lance users with a Thief for example

I think as you level up your Authority you have a more varied choice of troops, and you can level up each kind of troop individually for more benefits as Petra's level up screen showed.

Also, imo, the Noble class might be a Villager like, but with more customization (or its just temporary before choosing a whole class).

I think of this because with the Linhardt's screen, we can see plenty of weapons. 

So, I'm still confuses for the Noble case

I wonder if it will be similar to PoR cavaliers? Oscar has lances, Kieran had axes, Makalov with swords, and Astrid with bows but all considered cavaliers and got to pick a secondary weapon of your choice (only for Radiant Dawn to completely negate your choices and Titania’s Lance rank XD)

But with his ambiance, I think that most of the classic classes will come back in TH. 

Tier 3 would be a good idea to improve the originality, other New classes aside. 

Beside, the fact that Edelgard has Vantage during the first trailer make me wonder if skills will really depend on the User 's class.

If not, then it could create a balance between each classes, which can be nice in my opinion. 

Then I would accepte the come-back of any class. 

On 3/10/2019 at 7:13 PM, HappyHawlucha. said:

I think as you level up your Authority you have a more varied choice of troops, and you can level up each kind of troop individually for more benefits as Petra's level up screen showed.

I think that could be cool, I could also see getting to pick promoted troops after awhile. Like the Great Knights sent out by Edelgard in the  trailer

Also, Soldiers making a come-back would be great. 

Since the beginning, they only are the gombas of the serie, only 3 games made them something by giving a evolution. 

On 10/03/2019 at 7:13 PM, HappyHawlucha. said:

I ctually hope Authority handles Rallies, refreshing, and other buffing skills. Locking a new mechanic to just units that train in that skill seems counterintuitive, at least for their indroduction game.

20 hours ago, iavasechui said:

I wonder if it will be similar to PoR cavaliers? Oscar has lances, Kieran had axes, Makalov with swords, and Astrid with bows but all considered cavaliers and got to pick a secondary weapon of your choice (only for Radiant Dawn to completely negate your choices and Titania’s Lance rank XD)

I think Cavaliers, Fliers and Armours will have the same treatment as Cavaliers from Tellius but with magic too - each class will have variants for Sword; Axe; Lance; Bow; Faith and Reason.

We'll have to see how the possible "build your own class"/Villager-esque thing turns out, but in the meantime, I would love to see Griffons returning in some way or another. Also wouldn't mind seeing beast/transformative classes making a return in some form, though I'd prefer them to have their own unique mechanics instead of being basically just Gauntlet weapons- something similar to Tellius transformation gauges. There hasn't really been any indication of the latter in the trailers we've seen so far, of course, but I can dream.

30 minutes ago, Missing-qry said:

We'll have to see how the possible "build your own class"/Villager-esque thing turns out, but in the meantime, I would love to see Griffons returning in some way or another.

Since they're in the Faerghus banner, I'd wager we're going to see them again.

On 3/12/2019 at 5:14 AM, Kozac said:

Since the beginning, they only are the gombas of the serie, only 3 games made them something by giving a evolution. 

Yes! I always have a boner for a raw, unarmored, unmounted thruster! (Part of the reason why Ephraim is my favorite lord and mop head's army will be my first choice)

About the Griffin, I always founded the deliver skill to be pretty neat.

On 2019-03-12 at 5:14 AM, Kozac said:

Agreed. Soldiers coming back would be great. Even better if they come back with promotions: halberdier, sentinel, or even a new promotion (one idea I had for a while for a potential soldier promotion was a class called commander) would be great. 

In fact, I'm pretty sure that they are returning, given this image from the 2nd trailer: 

Image result for fire emblem three houses trailer 2

Of course, those guys in spears could be knights, rather than soldiers. But I have a couple reasons why I think they're probably soldiers. One reason is their helmets: knights in FE always had helmets that covered the face. Even Valbar has one; he just wears his with the visor up. Meanwhile, soldiers were always given open-faced helmets in every game that they're in. It's a relatively small detail, but it's one that's been consistent throughout FE.

13 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Of course, those guys in spears could be knights, rather than soldiers. But I have a couple reasons why I think they're probably soldiers. One reason is their helmets: knights in FE always had helmets that covered the face. Even Valbar has one; he just wears his with the visor up. Meanwhile, soldiers were always given open-faced helmets in every game that they're in. It's a relatively small detail, but it's one that's been consistent throughout FE.

That and we have seen the generic Armor Knight model in-game on the first trailer and it, althought not as bulky as the norm, it still has an armor a lot bigger than the folks in the image.

2 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Agreed. Soldiers coming back would be great. Even better if they come back with promotions: halberdier, sentinel, or even a new promotion (one idea I had for a while for a potential soldier promotion was a class called commander) would be great. 

In fact, I'm pretty sure that they are returning, given this image from the 2nd trailer

Thank for the image, because I didn't noticed them before, but they could be just as the GBA games ir Fates, nothing but either ennemy class only, or only available in the group that follows you. 

So, even if I wish some of them being playable, I'm kinda uncertain of their playability with the ancients FE as example. 

(PS: What is your new promotion idea ?) 

I'm really unsure about a playable soldier in this game because each character is a "commander" in this game. 

In the screenshot above, we know for sure that the guy with the weird "armored headband" is one of the generic soldier types a commander can have. I'd expect regular soldiers to be the same way; the ones pictured above are probably basically the "spear" version of the generics, or a perhaps "class-changed" version of them due to the relatively hefty armor. 

I love playable soldiers too and we'll certainly have lance-based infantry (Not only Dimitri, but we've seen Ferdinand both noble class and changed class wielding one on foot), but I really doubt they'll be called soldiers this time.

7 hours ago, Kozac said:

Thank for the image, because I didn't noticed them before, but they could be just as the GBA games or Fates, nothing but either enemy class only, or only available in the group that follows you. 

You're welcome. 

7 hours ago, Kozac said:

(PS: What is your new promotion idea ?) 

Originally, my idea of a promotion called commander was just another name they could use if they wanted to keep halberdier unique to the Tellius games. I'm not sure how it would work for Three Houses, but it would probably have passive bonuses when fighting in formation or other abilities befitting someone who has risen through the ranks. 

1 hour ago, Ayra said:

I'm really unsure about a playable soldier in this game because each character is a "commander" in this game. 

In the screenshot above, we know for sure that the guy with the weird "armored headband" is one of the generic soldier types a commander can have. I'd expect regular soldiers to be the same way; the ones pictured above are probably basically the "spear" version of the generics, or a perhaps "class-changed" version of them due to the relatively hefty armor. 

I love playable soldiers too and we'll certainly have lance-based infantry (Not only Dimitri, but we've seen Ferdinand both noble class and changed class wielding one on foot), but I really doubt they'll be called soldiers this time.

I mean, if they are really using Brigand of all things for the Axe-Infantry class, i don't see why Soldier is so impossible here. Sure they may still use Spear-Fighter os something, but i kind of hate that name.