Classes You Know About, Expect to See, or Want to See

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Ayyy at least we're seeing a lot more unique palettes now, I thought most would be generic but Dorothea's Myrmidon model is dope af.

education-img01.jpg

I am asuming that F.Byleth version is going to be black, she will look dope AF.

And where did you get High res version of that screen?

2 minutes ago, User name said:

I am asuming that F.Byleth version is going to be black, she will look dope AF.

And where did you get High res version of that screen?

Like M.Byleth, F.Blyeth will most likely have a dark colour palette though her classes which could be cool if it's not overused(units like Sylvain as a soldier use a really dark palette too). It was on the official Three Houses website after the update today.

5 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Like M.Byleth, F.Blyeth will most likely have a dark colour palette though her classes which could be cool if it's not overused(units like Sylvain as a soldier use a really dark palette too). It was on the official Three Houses website after the update today.

Yeah this is M.Byleth as Myrmfamitsu-myrmidon.jpg

Looking at the list of intermediate classes, I think we have most of them besides wyvern for a gender neutral flying option (and maybe griffon since we have seen griffons a lot) and a cavalry magic user. Also, maybe a Byleth exclusive class too

2 minutes ago, Azz said:

Looking at the list of intermediate classes, I think we have most of them besides wyvern for a gender neutral flying option (and maybe griffon since we have seen griffons a lot) and a cavalry magic user. Also, maybe a Byleth exclusive class too

I really want flying/armoured/cavalry mages and bows but I have a feeling they'll be 3rd tier or 4th tier(if there is one) 

4 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I really want flying/armoured/cavalry mages and bows but I have a feeling they'll be 3rd tier or 4th tier(if there is one) 

I dunno if we'll really get those tbh. With how the new weapon system works, there is really no need to have a massive amount of classes to serve each unique purpose. With the exception of magic maybe, I don't see them making a cavalry class, flying class or armour class with a bow proficiency since it would be kinda redundant imo (and also very rare, besides bow cavalry. but even then you can count bow cavs on two hands, if even). I also feel like trying to have a class to fit most niches would also just be super bloated and ott especially since every class can use very weapon with gauntlet for cavs and flier and magic for non-magic classes.

I feel like the classes will be mostly the generic bunch of fe classes we are used to tbh, with one or two shoved in for gauntlets to have a specific class etc. And to counteract magic not being available in most classes, I can easily see a skill being available to allow magic use in other non-magic classes.

4 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Rejoice!

FnjHYNY.jpg

Looks like a plain cavalier with a bow, but hey.

6 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Ayyy at least we're seeing a lot more unique palettes now, I thought most would be generic but Dorothea's Myrmidon model is dope af.

education-img01.jpg

That looks amazing! one of my favorite class designs so far!

1 hour ago, Cysx said:

Rejoice!

FnjHYNY.jpg

The female cavalier outfit looks like it's extremely similar to the pegasus knight one (in that Ingrid screenshot that was shown),in general the outfit designs we've seen (especially the ones with armor) feel way too colorless,bland and excessively grounded to reality.

Where's the fantasy?

Edited by Gocciole

1 hour ago, Gocciole said:

The female cavalier outfit looks like it's extremely similar to the pegasus knight one (in that Ingrid screenshot that was shown),in general the outfit designs we've seen (especially the ones with armor) feel way too colorless,bland and excessively grounded to reality.

Where's the fantasy?

I honestly prefer more grounded armor. Fire Emblem looks better that way to me.

The less stuff we get like Awakenings toilet bowl cavaliers and bodysuit dark mages the better.

2 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

I honestly prefer more grounded armor. Fire Emblem looks better that way to me.

The less stuff we get like Awakenings toilet bowl cavaliers and bodysuit dark mages the better.

Agreed. I'll accept a few fantasy-style designs, but overall I prefer more realistic armor. So I'm quite pleased by the classes shown so far.

1 hour ago, Jayvee94 said:

IIRC, when Caspar is taking the Fighter exam, he only needs to be good at one weapon/skill to "qualify" (unlocked for him). Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes I believe so, but there could be all sorts of caveats for other classes as I don't think we've seen anyone go from T1 to T2 (this is counting trainee as T0), so it might be different for other tiers. I can't imagine they'd let you into Cav with 100% pass rate with only one of swords, lances, and riding ranked up properly.

16 hours ago, Cysx said:

Rejoice!

FnjHYNY.jpg

There is actually no need for a Bow cavalier class now, you just re-class a unit into a cav and give him/her a bow. Boom bow cav.

16 minutes ago, User name said:

There is actually no need for a Bow cavalier class now, you just re-class a unit into a cav and give him/her a bow. Boom bow cav.

I agree. Especially, we won't be getting different class skills anyway.

50 minutes ago, User name said:

We'll see. There are signs that focused weapons will still get some kind of advantage, so using other weapons might be completely niche. A cavalier with a bow would also likely not get the range +1 of archer, while a bow cav on the other hand, maybe?

6 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

It is possible to be unlocked as a master class though, combining the skills of its intermediate predecessors.

A Bow Knight Master Class gets Canto and Range +1; maybe another Master Class skill; however Sniper could maybe get Range +2; so you either get more range and a mount or even more range without the mount.

Even if they aren't technically different classes, it still feels like a retro trip to PoR/RD with Sword Knights, Lance Knights, etc.

We'll see. There are signs that focused weapons will still get some kind of advantage, so using other weapons might be completely niche.

Are there any particular theories as to what advantages that might be? I'm guessing it won't be much more than a higher cap on the professor levels for those featured weapons (ala Fates).

Given Dorothea's focus on swords and Reason magic, I have a feeling her 'optimal' class is some sort of Mage Fighter or Mage Knight or Dark Knight class.

13 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

Given Dorothea's focus on swords and Reason magic, I have a feeling her 'optimal' class is some sort of Mage Fighter or Mage Knight or Dark Knight class.

A "priestess"-esque class from Gaiden or SoV I'd imagine.

17 minutes ago, Moonlit Knight said:

Are there any particular theories as to what advantages that might be? I'm guessing it won't be much more than a higher cap on the professor levels for those featured weapons (ala Fates).

I thought we saw somewhere that it was just increased exp for the focused professor levels. Probably only when gained through battle as opposed to tutoring, though.