Classes You Know About, Expect to See, or Want to See

24 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

We only have four in the beginner tier.

We're guaranteed to have at least two fighters.

They're saying that they won't reclass characters into a different class in the same tier (such as having Edelgard go from Brigand to Mercenary).

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, as fun as having someone master every class might be, if they don't give out intermediate/master seals like candy, it might be really resource inefficient to have one unit learn a bunch of classes at the same tier.

I think I'll also go the route of trying to give units only one class in each Tier. Grinding a unit into many classes in the same tier would get kind of boring. Plus, it'd probably make subsequent playthroughs less interesting.

I won't grind units per se but due to the nature of this class system I'll swap unit's classes around if I don't like them in certain classes and I won't need to level up to do so.

7 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

We're guaranteed to have at least two fighters.

I meant like no character will have no more than one class per tier not that one character per class since with the beginner tier that impossible

I'm a bigger fan of classes not affecting growth rates, and just having the characters always have their personal growths. Changing them by class makes it too complicated for players to plan and talk about characters if they have around 40 different sets of growth rates. I prefer basing their class on their growths, not the other way.

I'm hoping that classes do affect growth rates (or at least, there are ways to manipulate them) because otherwise there wouldn't be much of a reason to make a character a class their growths wouldn't support; which stifles experimentation (which is the primary reason I'm interested in the game). Especially since we have that mechanic where you can force a student to do something they aren't good at (Like Felix and Reason) and awaken a hidden talent; there wouldn't be much point in doing that if the character's inherit growths didn't support it very well. 

The question would be how much do we want classes to influence growths. I personally prefer no more than 15 for most stats (that is not including HP). This way we can alter a units growth slightly without overwhelming their "Nephesh" (individuality/personality).

Just now, ArsSanctum said:

I'm sure we'll get PLENTY of info regarding combat proper in 9 days.

Is the next Famitsu issue set to release on the 13th of June? Or will it be another week after that.

13 hours ago, BastienSoul said:

I think the beginner classes are determined by the skills you've trained. 

2 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Is the next Famitsu issue set to release on the 13th of June? Or will it be another week after that.

In 9 days is E3, he/she probably meant the E3 direct, to show more info

Not including the month which harboured Golden week, the articles have been every 2 weeks. So yeah it would be 13th of June with the scans coming on the 12th.

It should be that week, but it's the same week as E3. Famitsu or no Famitsu, we're getting a load of new information on the 11th, even if it's just from watching Treehouse play through part of a very early game map.

2 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

E3 will obviously have more info on the game but yeah I expect the next issue happening during E3 week. I doubt any reveals there will effect when the next batch of info will come especially if some stuff reveal there might not be included. If not for whatever reason next week after is definite but I'm still going with the former for now at least it won't be long till we find out.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

June 11th is Nintendo's E3 press conference day, which is 9 days from now. I wager we're getting a famitsu update that week as well. Hell the previews will be available the same day as the actual press conference.

EDIT: Coincidentally, we have a New Heroes Banner in FEH that same damn day.

Alm's banner came a bit over a month before SoV came out iirc.

I wonder...

Edited by ArsSanctum

3 minutes ago, ArsSanctum said:

June 11th is Nintendo's E3 press conference day, which is 9 days from now. I wager we're getting a famitsu update that week as well. Hell the previews will be available the same day as the actual press conference.

EDIT: Coincidentally, we have a New Heroes Banner in FEH that same damn day.

Alm's banner came a bit over a month before SoV came out iirc.

I wonder...

Alm's banner came out when the for the JPN release (which was a month before the INT release) while Celica's was INT release so I wouldn't look to much into it.

If anything we'll get a 3H banner a week before the game or on release day

As for E3, I feel like we'll get a story trailer with some new info on gameplay. They'll probably leave characters and classes for famitsu/twitter which should also come out that week.

Edited by Azz

2 minutes ago, Azz said:

Alm's banner came out when the for the JPN release (which was a month before the INT release) while Celica's was INT release so I wouldn't look to much into it.

If anything we'll get a 3H banner a week before the game or on release day

As for E3, I feel like we'll get a story trailer with some new info on gameplay. They'll probably leave characters and classes for famitsu/twitter which should also come out that week.

Hmm right that is a good point. Still it's a funny day for the banner to land on.

Edited by ArsSanctum

I just had a thought while rereading what we know of battalions. I noticed all the Battalions we have so far are infantry or cavalry, which raised two questions:

A) will Infantry leaders with Cav battalions gain a bonus to movement? or vice versa for Cav leader/Infantry Battalion?

B) will having a land-locked battalion prevent a Flying Unit from using their superior mobility? (can't exactly fly the battalion over water one at a time, can they?)

10 minutes ago, Marros said:

I just had a thought while rereading what we know of battalions. I noticed all the Battalions we have so far are infantry or cavalry, which raised two questions:

A) will Infantry leaders with Cav battalions gain a bonus to movement? or vice versa for Cav leader/Infantry Battalion?

B) will having a land-locked battalion prevent a Flying Unit from using their superior mobility? (can't exactly fly the battalion over water one at a time, can they?)

We have seen there is flying battalions in the previous famitsu tho it will be interesting if having infantry or cavalry battalions restricts flier (or maybe fliers will be restricted to using flying battalions only)

Spoiler

013-Guild.jpg