Classes You Know About, Expect to See, or Want to See

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Emperor Hardin said:

So our Armor Knights really one of the only classes at their tier to not get a skill or is their skill just unknown right now?

Nah it was said that in exchange for their high defence, they don't have any skills. Hopefully this isn't a sign they are getting side lined... again

Just now, Azz said:

Nah it was said that in exchange for their high defence, they don't have any skills. Hopefully this isn't a sign they are getting side lined... again

Yeah, now I have a pretty good feeling they are side lined...again.

6 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Yeah, now I have a pretty good feeling they are side lined...again.

Maybe they'll have an armored battalion that gives them super high defense, or maybe a higher-tiered armor class will have some skills. Also, the heavy armor professor level could give them bonuses. This is all conjecture though, I have nothing to back it up.

Just now, Starzilla said:

Maybe they'll have an armored battalion that gives them super high defense, or maybe a higher-tiered armor class will have some skills. Also, the heavy armor professor level could give them bonuses. This is all conjecture though, I have nothing to back it up.

Unless they have regular movement and other classes can't increase their defense, I see no way in which Knights having no skills will not blow up in the class's face. Especially given how little their high defense has helped them in the series.

13 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

I suspect that most of the Armor Knight's skills would be available as a Heavy Armor skill.

I completely forgot that Flying/Riding/Heavy Armour Professor Skills probably exist; I wonder why Canto isn't that instead...

If they wanted to balance armor units, it would have been good if they gave them skills suited to negating damage. Like, for instance, maybe there'd be an armor-class exclusive skill that negated damage from battalion attacks. 

(Considering Edelgard has a proficiency in armor and it's likely that a unique lord promotion of hers would be armored, you'd figure that they'd give armored units a boost somehow. Maybe they'll just get rid of the movement penalty?)

42 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I completely forgot that Flying/Riding/Heavy Armour Professor Skills probably exist; I wonder why Canto isn't that instead...

But you still have to make a difference between the various types of calvary.

Edited by Armchair General

15 minutes ago, Calico said:

If they wanted to balance armor units, it would have been good if they gave them skills suited to negating damage. Like, for instance, maybe there'd be an armor-class exclusive skill that negated damage from battalion attacks. 

(Considering Edelgard has a proficiency in armor and it's likely that a unique lord promotion of hers would be armored, you'd figure that they'd give armored units a boost somehow. Maybe they'll just get rid of the movement penalty?)

Its funny how being a Cavalry unit is always an advantage even in the rare times without canto, but the only thing being an armored unit gives is terrain penalties and an extra weakness.

20 hours ago, Armchair General said:

Becky you still have to make a difference between the various types of calvary.

Understandable because, you want Canto to be unlocked at the start instead of needing to get a D riding/flying skill (which is possible if you passed an uncertain test.)

I could totally see Galeforce as the A or S professor skill for Flying, either reappearing as it's former broken self from Fateswakening or maybe in the form of a combat art? Which I speculate is where some activation skills may appear in Three Houses.

I could also see some stuff like Guidance or Air Orders from Heroes make it in as a Flier Professor skill. It doesnt seem that the movement type professor ranks have a "... Lv 1" skill to be unlocked so I'm intrigued as to what we might get. That is assuming those professor ranks aren't just for unlocking their specific movement type promotions, which I hope they aren't, as they've got so much potential to differentiate, but then I guess if you get Guidance or something by levelling flying you can then take that into an on foot class so it's a bit interesting how they're gonna handle this.

16 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

That is assuming those professor ranks aren't just for unlocking their specific movement type promotions, which I hope they aren't, as they've got so much potential to differentiate, but then I guess if you get Guidance or something by levelling flying you can then take that into an on foot class so it's a bit interesting how they're gonna handle this.

Most of the professor skills we've seen only apply when using the relevant weapon type, so having ones tied to move type only apply when using it makes sense. I'd say the balancing point is more in the fact you only have 5 slots. Considering the basic "+ to various stats when using swords" and "Swords are better than axes" skills take up two slots, I'd imagine choosing skills to use can get a little tight if you diversify in the late game.

A quick thought: it would make sense if the flashy flier animations were spared for classes that demanded a high ranking in Flying; like the bow archer back flip from Fates; is from a class that requires S in Flying.

Stuff like Relief could come back as a Professor skill to capitalise on the movement range of fliers, since I really don't see it being added to any other flying classes if the base Pegasus Knight doesn't have it. 

Armour March/Boots will totally be a Professor skill or Class Skill later on in the game; whether y'all like it or not, Dedue will be sprinting at his best boyos.

20 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

like the bow archer back flip from Fates; is from a class that requires S in Flying.

I guess Claude has an S rank in Flying in the cover art. ?

Let's do some Mov Type Professor Skill predictions:

I could see Cavalry getting stuff like Elbow Room and Trample(Ik it's from Malig Knight but it could still work); some of the Cavalier skills from Fateswakening, some kind of Drive buff for Cavaliers? Idk how far we're gonna venture into Heroes territory.

Heavy Armour(as in the Echoes skill that the Baron had) could be a high ranking skill; and it might not be completely useless if Bows are actually good; which they could be indeed, given range modifiers and Close Counter. Maybe they could expand to include Gauntlets to the skill's effect, as punching a suit of armour will not go well. A high ranking skill could be Armoured March or Armoured Boots; boosting Mov whenever you're near armoured allies or HP = 100%.

Like Cavaliers, flying could borrow a lot of skills from Fateswakening fliers like Relief; Air Superiority, etc. But could also borrow skills like Guidance and Air Orders from Heroes, which could create an interesting set. Galeforce as an S Rank Flying unlocked combat art would be magnificent.

18 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Heavy Armour(as in the Echoes skill that the Baron had) could be a high ranking skill; and it might not be completely useless if Bows are actually good; which they could be indeed, given range modifiers and Close Counter. Maybe they could expand to include Gauntlets to the skill's effect, as punching a suit of armour will not go well. A high ranking skill could be Armoured March or Armoured Boots; boosting Mov whenever you're near armoured allies or HP = 100%.

The archer line is already confirmed to get increased range as a class skill, so it'll still be useless.

Heavy Armor should stay dead and buried.

Maybe the top level skills could negate effectiveness against the movement types. And I agree with including Gauntlets in Heavy Armor.

5 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

The archer line is already confirmed to get increased range as a class skill, so it'll still be useless.

Heavy Armor should stay dead and buried.

There are non-Archer classes that use bows, like Thief, so the increased range wouldn't necessarily make Heavy Armor useless.

Edited by BastienSoul

3 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

Maybe the top level skills could negate effectiveness against the movement types. And I agree with including Gauntlets in Heavy Armor.

There are non-Archer classes that use bows, like Thief, so the increased range wouldn't necessarily make Heavy Armor useless.

Thieves aren't going to be targeting Armored classes..

Thieves aren't going to be targeting Armored classes..

I was just giving an example. Classes like Warrior, Bow Knight, etc. could exist in later tiers and might warrant halving damage from them.

Just now, BastienSoul said:

I was just giving an example. Classes like Warrior, Bow Knight, etc. could exist in later tiers and might warrant halving damage from them.

Not at all, Enemy Bow Knight will be going for soft targets and Warriors aren't even confirmed.

Heavy Armor is a worthless skill for the player and should never return.

Not at all, Enemy Bow Knight will be going for soft targets and Warriors aren't even confirmed.

Heavy Armor is a worthless skill for the player and should never return.

That's why I said "could."

I'm not saying it would be an incredible skill, but without knowing future classes, enemy stats, bow might, and map design, we can't judge a skill we don't even know is going to be in the game. Besides, if it were in it could be changed to be better. Considering the classes that use Gauntlets so far seem like high Strength classes and the inherent Brave Effect, theoretically halving damage from them might be very useful.

Just now, BastienSoul said:

That's why I said "could."

I'm not saying it would be an incredible skill, but without knowing future classes, enemy stats, bow might, and map design, we can't judge a skill we don't even know is going to be in the game. Besides, if it were in it could be changed to be better. Considering the classes that use Gauntlets so far seem like high Strength classes and the inherent Brave Effect, theoretically halving damage from them might be very useful.

I'm talking about halving damage from bows in particular, rather then gauntlets. I don't see player Knights ever being targeted by bows in any scenario.

Really they should get something like Guardian from Vestaria saga.