Classes You Know About, Expect to See, or Want to See

1 minute ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I wonder what class Hannemann will be, in trailer 1 he appears to be an infantry magic user; but the teaching implies he focuses on Reason; Bows and Riding, so some sort of long range riding mage archer I guess? That would be odd but cool.

We know at least early on Manuela is a Priest; but maybe she'll end up as a singing Faith user? Maybe Faith and Reason since she casted a fire spell in trailer 1.

Catherine will definitely be a Swordmaster.

Alois will be an Axe General/Baron/Marshall.

Ceteth is a lot harder to place; unless you know what you know about his class from Thani.

Hannemann might start as a Mage and have a Reason, Bow, and Riding class as his intended promotion.

I wonder if one of the armor classes will use Fighting, since Alois teaches it and Dedue has a strength in it.

Spoiler

Considering that the only weapon types left are Lance, Flying, and Authority, Wyvern Rider makes sense for Ceteth either way.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

Hannemann might start as a Mage and have a Reason, Bow, and Riding class as his intended promotion.

I wonder if one of the armor classes will use Fighting, since Alois teaches it and Dedue has a strength in it.

Hide contents

Considering that the only weapon types left are Lance, Flying, and Authority, Wyvern Rider makes sense for Ceteth either way.

I don't know if teachers will start off as the same style of unit as the students. I guess they'll stay with the same class system, but join as say a Tier 2 class(Manuela as Priest) and unable to go back the way, to say Myrmidon or Monk, starting with good Professor levels in their "canon" Professor ranks but if you really wanted you could improve their ranks from very low and rework them.

Idk if Fighting will be limited to just gauntlets; imagine there are shields which do low damage with bashes but improve defences immensely, I want to see Alois bashing into enemies Brigitte-style.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

3 hours ago, BastienSoul said:

I wonder if they'd go with Marshall or Baron for a fourth tier Armor class.

If the traditional specialty classes do get secondary weapons, I think Swordmaster might get Fighting. Both Felix and Catherine seem to specialize in Swords and Fighting (as well as Bows for Felix), and Felix in particular definitely feels like he'd be one.

Having Marshall be the physical class and Baron be the magical class makes the most sense.

2 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Having Marshall be the physical class and Baron be the magical class makes the most sense.

Proficiencies:

• Marshall (Sword, Lance, Axe, Heavy Armor)
  • Baron (Lance, Axe, Reason, Heavy Armor)

Do you think personal strengths will have more influence to prof lvls than class strengths?

Edited by Jayvee94

10 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

Proficiencies:

• Marshall (Sword, Lance, Axe, Heavy Armor)
  • Baron (Lance, Axe, Reason, Heavy Armor)

Do you think personal strengths will have more influence to prof lvls than class strengths?

Idk if classes will have more than 3 proficiencies honestly. The info box which shows them only shows room for 3.

I think if they do have hybrid classes, the classes wont be proficient in Reason/Faith but will have the 'This class can use magic/some magic' like Commoner/Noble has.

As for Hanneman, I think he's a Dark Mage tbh. Idk but he gives them vibes to me. Alois I feel like is a Cav or Knight, Catherine is probably some advanced class I think or a heavily stylised Mercenary maybe (since based on Mauela we know their design doesn't match the class design). Setes/Ceteh is probably a Mage I think.

4 hours ago, Azz said:

Idk if classes will have more than 3 proficiencies honestly. The info box which shows them only shows room for 3.

I think if they do have hybrid classes, the classes wont be proficient in Reason/Faith but will have the 'This class can use magic/some magic' like Commoner/Noble has.

As for Hanneman, I think he's a Dark Mage tbh. Idk but he gives them vibes to me. Alois I feel like is a Cav or Knight, Catherine is probably some advanced class I think or a heavily stylised Mercenary maybe (since based on Mauela we know their design doesn't match the class design). Setes/Ceteh is probably a Mage I think.

I can see Moustachio as a dark/mage. Alois probably cav. Cathrine merc. Manuela is confirmed to be a cleric. Setes I can see as a soldier/knight, since he's Rheas bodyguard dude

On 6/5/2019 at 8:12 PM, Owain Dark said:

I can see Moustachio as a dark/mage. Alois probably cav. Cathrine merc. Manuela is confirmed to be a cleric. Setes I can see as a soldier/knight, since he's Rheas bodyguard dude

Alois teaches heavy armor and axes according to the Famitsu article so he's probably a knight. As for Setes, people are guessing he teaches lances and flying (is probably a wyvern rider as pegasi don't mingle with dudes)

Edited by redlight

On 6/5/2019 at 10:26 AM, redlight said:

This confirms that we do have 4 Tiers, considering the scroll bar. I think that the class the poster called Sage might be a promotion for Brawler, because it looks too armored. I wonder if mixed offensive classes will only be in 4th Tier.

Interesting that their doesn't seem to be an advanced dark mage class and it just combines with mage. Makes you wonder why it exists tbh lol.

Also I'm wondering if females will have another intermediate class to even the ratio or  just peg. knight.

Just now, Azz said:

Interesting that their doesn't seem to be an advanced dark mage class and it just combines with mage. Makes you wonder why it exists tbh lol.

Class skills can teach units spells, so you can learn miasma and have a different set of class growths, I guess?

1 minute ago, Marros said:

Class skills can teach units spells, so you can learn miasma and have a different set of class growths, I guess?

I guess there's gonna be a dark mage in Tier 4 and you can train your Reason in general in the Sage class until it's ready to split again? I guess Sage will just have a lot of control over the magic triangle if it's back.

Here's the female classes (excuse the poor quality):

Spoiler

1498540396_Screenshot(4).jpg.8ed47180a0ccc67178aa881b202af6a8.jpg

Excluding lord since that's exclusive, females have 9 intermediate classes to males' 10 and 9 advanced to males' 11.

I'm surprised at the lack of a troubadour line and a female only light mage esc line.

It looks like Hero is male only. That's weird. Also there are no Advanced pegasi which means I guess Wyvern is a strict upgrade for now and not male only. It also means that in the advanced tiers Males have Hero and Gladiator and Females get.........nothing. 

There will definitely be a male only Dark Mage promotion and female only Pegasus Knight promotion in Master Class; with hopefully a Halberdier class and a Flying Mage would be great.

I guess magic has a set number of uses each map; and it resets; which is a decent way to do it I guess. It seems that the same concept is the case for the Crest weapons. I wonder how many spells there are; considering Fire; Thunder and Wind were all showcased from Mercedes; Dorothea and Annette respectively.

Do you think there'll be any enemy-only (non-monster) classes? A lot of potential enemy characters we've seen so far could easily have playable classes, so this game could theoretically not have any. That would certainly be a first for an FE game. 

What confuses me about Edelgard's classes is that I don't see a direct promotion from her Lord class to Great Lord. Based on the images, I can see Sword Master, Hero, General, Paladin, Wyvern Lord, Barbarian, Sniper, Bishop, and Sorcerer. At least, using names normally associated with those class promotions and images. So, why doesn't Edelgard have a Lord Promotion in the Advanced Class option?

Just now, SimplyUnknown said:

What confuses me about Edelgard's classes is that I don't see a direct promotion from her Lord class to Great Lord. Based on the images, I can see Sword Master, Hero, General, Paladin, Wyvern Lord, Barbarian, Sniper, Bishop, and Sorcerer. At least, using names normally associated with those class promotions and images. So, why doesn't Edelgard have a Lord Promotion in the Advanced Class option?

I say neither Dimitri or Claude will have one either. Their advanced promos may be locked behind the time skip more than likely or they may be master tier.

22 minutes ago, SimplyUnknown said:

The Lords don't have to have an exclusive class for every tier; the flexible style of promotion this game takes gives the lords room to move into other classes and roles while also providing mid and late game exclusive classes for them. They'll 100% each have an exclusive Master Class option. 

3 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

The Lords don't have to have an exclusive class for every tier; the flexible style of promotion this game takes gives the lords room to move into other classes and roles while also providing mid and late game exclusive classes for them. They'll 100% each have an exclusive Master Class option. 

The thing is I'm hard pressed not to believe that their timeskip look is anything other than the Advanced tier equivalent of Lord.

Some has said its how they look the tier after but the war phase seems to be the second half of the game. I doubt they'll be in their final tiers for the entire second half of the game.

Not to mention wouldn't it be rather fitting? Noble > Lord for Part 1, Great Lord > ??? for Part 2.

I am still not of the mind that the classes we see there are all of the ones that will be available, granted, but if nothing else I am a firm believer that Advanced Lord is hidden off until timeskip.

So, thanks to the most recent Famitsu article, we now know some of the advanced classes: Hero, Fortress, Paladin, Grappler, Warlock, and Bishop. 

Grappler is male-only, which is to be expected since brawler was male-only. However, hero is male-only as well, which is rather odd. 

36 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

So, thanks to the most recent Famitsu article, we now know some of the advanced classes: Hero, Fortress, Paladin, Grappler, Warlock, and Bishop. 

Grappler is male-only, which is to be expected since brawler was male-only. However, hero is male-only as well, which is rather odd. 

Agreed. I mean, Hero was male-exclusive when reclassing in Shadow Dragon but at least that was consistent with Mercenary being male-exclusive too.

Yet, Mercenary is neutral here, so Hero being male-only is bizarre. Granted, I'll wait until we get to final tier classes before making a judgment on their class handling.

Not so much a "class I'm expecting to see" but I wonder if the DLC classes will return in this game (Bride, Witch, Rigain, etc.)

While I wasn't huge on the Echoes DLC classes (basically pay2win) the Fates and Awakening styled DLC classes would be pretty cool to see return.

I also really want to see a Dark Knight style class and Beast-like classes return. Dark Knight is just cool because magic and weapons combined are a yes for me, and we just haven't see any beast characters yet (or any chapter recruits really) so it'd be really cool to see them.

Mechanist and its bizarre style would also be fun to see again in an actually difficult game.

On 6/21/2019 at 6:34 PM, TowerOfTartarus said:

Not so much a "class I'm expecting to see" but I wonder if the DLC classes will return in this game (Bride, Witch, Rigain, etc.)

I would be surprised if DLC classes don't happen. As for those specific classes... I'm not sure. The most plausible one is probably witch.